Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8e8c52a59c5b1cf99abf60819ff63a33.jpg

9a34192485537350558ba4c47bbed3ab.jpg

0c59a675ac418fe9899379d5f9111753.jpg

Here's my Vader with some troops. Deluxe base HT ANH helmet and SS ROTJ body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the SS Jedi Vader hoping to use the HT RO Vader head on it but the neck joints aren't compatible, so I decided to try the SS Vader parts on the RO Vader. IMO this is the optimal Vader currently available. RO has the best helmet, boot armor, body, suit, tunic, and cape, and the Sideshow Jedi or Deluxe Vader shoulder armor, chest box and belt, and cod all fit perfectly. The Deluxe and Jedi gloves go on like a dream too, using the RO pegs.

And this is my favorite shot of Vader, so I wanted to capture this pose as close as possible.

IMG_20170218_133916.jpg

On the skinny Deluxe Edition Vader, the gloves looked like friggin' oven mitts, and I hated how big the resting on belt boxes hands looked, so I was hoping the Jedi version's box grip hands would solve the problem. Unfortunately, Sideshow didn't keep the texture of the Jedi Edition gloves consistent on the Deluxe gloves which have a more screen accurate, softer look, but decided all the new gloves had to look like crap when combined with any Deluxe gloves. F'ing Sideshow, man. They must have a contract with Lucas that whenever they make improvements, they also have to make detractions.

Turns out, with the fuller arms of the RO body the Deluxe gloves aren't so mitt-like, and I am okay with using the left box-resting hand again, which is more in keeping with the shot. I can't remember once where Vader actually grabbed the boxes anyway. Can anybody?

IMG_20170220_143458.jpg

IMG_20170220_143554.jpg

You can't really see it, but the Jedi version lightsaber is hanging from his belt.

DID ANYBODY NOTICE RO VADER COMES WITH AN EMPIRE VERSION SABER?

I was able to take the very nice new blade out of the Jedi saber and it fits perfectly into RO's Empire saber. I used tacky putty to mount it to the nameplate decor of the RO base. Looks pretty cool.

IMG_20170220_151856.jpg

How did you remove the wrist pegs from the deluxe hands? I had the deluxe a few years back and had a lot of trouble doing so. Any tips would be great!

Maybe the previous owner glued them in. I tried heating, hot water and many other things but no dice. Thanks parra

Yeah it was my only sideshow figure so wasn't sure if the pegs were designed to be removed lol

So I just bought my first 1/6th figure and it is...

The Sideshow ROTJ Darth Vader. Overall, I am very happy with him.

A few pics of the initial futzing out of the box. I realize that I have the codpiece and belt riding a bit low but somehow I think it makes him look bulkier and more realistic. Any tips for getting the wrinkles out of the cape. I have a garment steamer that I was going to try.

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

here's my question: has anyone had an issue that his legs don't really move that much? I don't want to force them out of position at all, especially if they aren't supposed to move. any help would ne amazing, thanks!

here's my question: has anyone had an issue that his legs don't really move that much? I don't want to force them out of position at all, especially if they aren't supposed to move. any help would ne amazing, thanks!

3910988276ef4028fb74c40c079d121d.jpg

It definately is more possible than the HT versions, but still he's not going to do the splits. I've never had any problems getting him into a pose that Vader would conceivably be in given his movement/stances in the films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about getting a Hasbro titanium helmet. How difficult is it to take the helmet off the SS ROTJ Vader? Does it just pop off or is it glued in place or what. I also posted this question in the titanium helmet thread. Thanks for any info.

Back