Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Pics of the adjusted Dome?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...der+modification&highlight=vader+modification

Start looking at page 2......essentially guys who had Ver.1 of our figure snapped off the dome, trimmed the mounting area so the dome sat at a slight backward angle on the top of the head.

I'm using the pics here as a guide as to how far to tilt and lower the dome:

https://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-darth-vader-standalone-helmet-standard-line-pre-order

BOBBY

My RO head should be here next week, can someone who swapped out the SS Peg explain how they did it? Heat with a blow dryer? Don't want to risk any damage from my own ignorance.

acbc4a8c2c45fe40dffb99d2976777c8.jpg

I can also attest to the fact that the Man of steel neck peg works to put on a HT helmet.
You may need to warm up the adaptor in boiling water to get it to fit. But it works.

Also, an excuse to post a pic [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post pics of the actual neck peg? My RO head is currently being held on by blue poster tack and I'd like to find a actual neck peg that works.

I'm working on bashing together a Vader, can someone help? I bought HT ANH body what do the ankle pegs look like and would the SS Vader boots work on that body?

Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread? Just want to know if these sideshow parts are compatible with the HT New Hope Vader body. Thanks

Can you post pics of the actual neck peg? My RO head is currently being held on by blue poster tack and I'd like to find a actual neck peg that works.

I do not have a picture of the neck peg and I'm not really wanting to take it off now that it is on.

Hi all! I’m a little late to the Sideshow 1/6 Darth Vader figure, and while some have felt the re-release of this figure was a cash-grab by the manufacturer, I for one am glad they did, especially with all the improvement they made. I missed out on the Deluxe version from a few years back, but I have since found the Anakin portrait, different hands and helmet display on Ebay. I saw this figure last September in Forbidden Planet NYC, and I was immediately struck by the high quality of the production, from the flawless high gloss armor, to the tailoring and drape of the cape and tunic. My wife purchased it for me as a gift, and I’m beyond happy to have it in my collection as it exceeded all expectations.

I tend to futz/modify/resculpt/repaint my figures for better poseability and accuracy, and this figure was no exception, gathering tips from the precious Deluxe Vader thread. I made adjustments to the body and armor, including lowering the helmet dome, but in light of my experiences with other figures (DX12 Batman or the sideshow Snowtrooper), this figure is mainly stock. I plan to detail my changes for a thread in the customs section when time permits, with pics of my custom display base, LED lightsaber and hand options.

Regarding the use of the Hot toys Rogue One helmet, I actually prefer the Sideshow helmet with the lowered dome. It’s true the Hot Toys helmet is not accurate to ESB (widow’s peak, red lens, tusks, vent grill) but I find the issue is mainly the pronounced “cheekbone” sticks too far outward, and the front mouth grill too narrow. I will end up selling my modified Rogue One helmet on Ebay. I prefer the slightly oversized Sideshow mouth grill, it just looks much more menacing. Some have commented ad nauseam on the figures height, but I love how Vader towers over my 1/6 collection, and looks as if he can square off again my Predator figure!

The only thing I felt where Sideshow could have done a little more is the base. They started a great trend with providing scenic base toppers, or printed graphics on their bases, and doing so here would have added a lot to the perception of value. I remedied this deficiency with simple automotive vinyl sticker in silver.

Cheers,

BOBBY

09efcb068989114963b2e573c5716763.jpg

Hi everyone! Sorry for the crap picture, but here is my vader using mr hurricane mask, dome, chest armor with bells and shin guards.

I used Finn's body with long pegs and im still working on his gloves.

If u want screen accurate stuff, try to get hurricane stuff! My picture doesnt do justice to the figure on hands. It looks like right out from the movie ;).

And I'm using a leather boot from ebay.

As soon as i finish his gloves i will try to take a better picture.

The only thing I felt where Sideshow could have done a little more is the base. They started a great trend with providing scenic base toppers, or printed graphics on their bases, and doing so here would have added a lot to the perception of value. I remedied this deficiency with simple automotive vinyl sticker in silver.

Cheers,

BOBBY

I was thinking of doing this as well. Care to share the size decal you used? All my figures are currently boxed up, and in storage until I can finish building my display room, so I can't measure the base at the moment. Looks sweet!

I was thinking of doing this as well. Care to share the size decal you used? All my figures are currently boxed up, and in storage until I can finish building my display room, so I can't measure the base at the moment. Looks sweet!
Sure, it's a 5" dia silver vinyl decal I purchased off eBay. There are alot of people offering them, I just went with a vendor that specified 3M vinyl material. Hope this helps.

BOBBY

Very nice! Is the helmet based on the Kaiyodo vinyl model?

BOBBY

Hi! Yes it is, actually I think that the chest armor and shin guards are too.

He develops more stuff and I will probably buy the belt and chest box from him. =)

And if it helps here is what Ive got until now.

Hurricane:
Mask
Dome
Chest Armor with bells
Shin Armor

SS Vader 2.0 ROTJ:
Suit
ChestBox
Belt
Gloves(for now)
Cape
Tunic

SS Vader Deluxe:
Cod piece

Ebay WW2 German Leather boots

Finn´s body with Long pegs =(most accurate height I´ve got so far).

=)

8a32937f12aee76ac94c9aebee8272a9.jpg

Just wanted to post some of my favourite pictures of my Vader. I always said that the Sideshow body, suit had the broad look I wanted for Vader.

Wait.. they made a V2 of this? What did they change? Got I hate when companies do this.

Gloves and body suit and stand, I believe. That is pretty much it.

I bought the V.2 suit for my V.1 and it is a pretty substantial upgrade. He doesn't look skinny anymore and it has the right look.

I am still looking (desperately.. hint hint) for the gloves though.

Wait.. they made a V2 of this? What did they change? Got I hate when companies do this.

Yes, came out last September.....new cape, tunic, suit, hands, lightsaber. Generic black hex base, no Anakin portrait or mask display.

BOBBY

Back