Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91094a906b301aca14ce8c6d7fa2d36b.jpg

75b9b8873dacef81a24e9e85f74a8d59.jpg

ac5bc0d9671f463f38fb2b903225f7e5.jpg

Some new images.

Love the suit. Not perfect but will look great with this helmet:

9be3556e6f44c034dd3b96d132806271.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna steal that pose for my HT one. It looks good but SS should have fixed that dome!

That's a good idea, sticking the HT helmet on the SS body. I like the glossy shine of the SS helmet but that giant grill is too much.

I just checked Ebay and HT helmets are $150... Not gonna pay that much, maybe a cheaper one will pop up. Does SS use the same type of neck pegs HT does? Wondering how much of a hassle switching helmets will be.

Gonna steal that pose for my HT one. It looks good but SS should have fixed that dome!

I'm not sure that would be screen accurate to ROTJ though, didn't his helmet looked less scratched and more brighter, which is why HT redesigned his helmet

That's a good idea, sticking the HT helmet on the SS body. I like the glossy shine of the SS helmet but that giant grill is too much.

I just checked Ebay and HT helmets are $150... Not gonna pay that much, maybe a cheaper one will pop up. Does SS use the same type of neck pegs HT does? Wondering how much of a hassle switching helmets will be.

Yeah I kinda it is not cheap. I sold my deluxe and some other figures recently and hopefully can sell the SS helmet for even 30-50$ and it will make some of the money back. And yes you do need a HT neck peg.

Also in terms of screen accuracy...I don't really care that much. I just really wanted a good looking form to the helmet. I figure this is a kinda all in one Vader haha. I actually find the HT design aside from the matte look isn't overly ANH anyways but somewhere in between the ANH and ESB/ROTJ looks. I'm not a big upgrader on my figures...but I really needed a stacked, amazing Vader as I love the character.

Well in my opinion the ht helm looks worse. The ht one just looks small and skinny in the face. Never thought it looked good. The sideshow one is flawed for sure but not sure the ht one was much better. I think i might shell out for a hurricane mask someday.

Well in my opinion the ht helm looks worse. The ht one just looks small and skinny in the face. Never thought it looked good. The sideshow one is flawed for sure but not sure the ht one was much better. I think i might shell out for a hurricane mask someday.

I'm not too familiar with the Hurricane Vader but yeah I mean to each there own. I am just going with HT helmet. I've seen pics from other collectors like this one:

bb9df6d46976e4262b4309bd7cbaa169.jpg

And think the helmet looks stunning on the SS body. But I'm sure the Hurricane would too I'm just not as familiar with the company.

I have the HT helmet (people who want it, just wait until TA has them in stock again - I think mine was $80) and a Hurricane and I'd say the Hurricane is a little better, though still waiting on a dome from Mrs H. I may try the various mods for the HT one though - it can be made really good, even though it's a bit too large overall.

I have the first SSC Deluxe Vader, I modded with parts from a ANH Vader and added a Hot Toys head.

I am pretty happy with the results, that's why I think that the new SSC Vader will be perfect... except for the head. I still think Hot Toys head is superior.

The Hot Toys head is not as shiny and it's ANH accurate, not ESB or ROTJ accurate, but it works for me. I find the look of my Vader very similar to the one you can see in the following photo, or in the Luke vs. Vader fight in Bespin.

d30d87ef923d4fe242e35baa2b5188d0.jpg

However, I don't want to mod Hot Toys ANH head, since I am aware that when HT releases a ESB or ROTJ Vader, I will want to sell this head and get a new one.

IMGP3176 rev1.jpg

I have the first SSC Deluxe Vader, I modded with parts from a ANH Vader and added a Hot Toys head.

I am pretty happy with the results, that's why I think that the new SSC Vader will be perfect... except for the head. I still think Hot Toys head is superior.

The Hot Toys head is not as shiny and it's ANH accurate, not ESB or ROTJ accurate, but it works for me. I find the look of my Vader very similar to the one you can see in the following photo, or in the Luke vs. Vader fight in Bespin.

View attachment 282853

However, I don't want to mod Hot Toys ANH head, since I am aware that when HT releases a ESB or ROTJ Vader, I will want to sell this head and get a new one.

View attachment 282855

Yes I really like your Vader...I'm not a big upgrading guy like I said. Even my most beloved of SW characters, Boba Fett, I kept my SS version not getting the better HT version in sixth scale (I made up for that by getting the 1/4 scale Boba Fett). But I was never really happy with the Sideshow Deluxe version. The helmet, the suit, the lightsaber and I didn't care much for the portrait. So I sold that all off and kept the stuff I liked...the stand (awesome and better than HT...Vader deserved presence), the parted helmet with stand, and the box haha.

I think what the SS Vader got right for me was the size, the proportions...just look better than HT from pics and videos. I think the knock on HT was the chunky suit making him look fat, proportions making him look a bit squat and maybe limited articulation. I think HT looks better in a lot of ways over the new SS (the shoulder armour looks better quality...the boots..light up sabre)...but the new SS undersuit looks to be better balanced in terms of thickness and thus saving the Vader from being chunky or fat.

The Vader is probably more in scale HT, but like I said if there is one character I like to be a bit bigger size wise it is Vader. And I display him with troopers only so he looks very commanding. I'm very much looking forward to getting this guy and popping on the HT helmet. I think I'll have a sixth scale VADER that satisfies me enough I wouldn't need another. Like I said I don't have a draw to upgrading...but I needed a good VADER in my collection. Too good of a character. I'm also really excited for the 1/4 scale. Come on pre order!!!

And I'm certain the next sixth scale Vader we get will be a Rogue One version.

Unmodded I do feel the HT helmet looks a little strange. That same weirdness was in the prototype (kind of insect like) but they did a revision of some kind that made it less so for the released figure. Modded (especially the eyes and nose mods) it can look stellar, but in-hand and unmodded - it doesn't exactly feel like you're holding a shrunken-down Vader helmet straight from the movie.

Not really digging the whole silhouette of the dome / mask. It doesn't feel like I'm looking at a shrunken down 1.6 Vader. It reminds me of goofy for some reason,city the ears dangling and stuff.

You know one thing that I have yet to see mentioned is that while this is a ROTJ Vader we do not get the severed hand! I mean how much of us would pose it like that to begin with...but I thought that would be included.

6a3e666f505911933d8570638f9e32f4.jpg

Just got this guy in! Will put up some pics and a lil review later!

Nice. Very curious about the body suit and the overall height as well, if you could measure him with the legs close together or put beside stormtroopers.

Back