Sideshow Collectibles X Hot Toys - Star Wars Collaboration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have one concern about this whole thing:

Can HT handle all this work?

They put Avatar and Superman on the back burner for a long time, not to mention 89 Bats. I attributed that to the sheer quantity of projects they had going on. Now add all those SSC licenses?

Literally, I was just thinking this would happen (like five minutes before I got on Facebook and saw the announcement) and very soon. YES! Very exciting!

JESUS CHRIST.. Did.. did anyone else just hear that?
or was it more felt than heard....

it's... it's... it's as if millions of bank accounts and wallets suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced by their owners telling them to shut the hell up.

They collaborated on the new Prometheus body, but no figure in particular. And no releases specifically from Hot Toys

The collaborated on the armor body used for the clones and Stormtroopers. They did not collaborate on any version of the Pro body.

I'm just hoping for:
ROTJ Darth Vader (w/ reveal)
ROTJ Luke (since Bespin is already confirmed)
ANH Leia
ANH Han Solo
Chewie

Would be nice, but not necessary:
ANH Old Ben (SS nailed it, save for the weaker paint apps)
R2&3PO (Medicom's are fantastic)

I would say HT will be making select items and SS will still make most of the stuff.

I'm thinking the same as well. Maybe Sideshow will continue with the background characters, monsters, troopers, etc. while HT will focus on the more human looking figures. Just a guess, though.

I'm gonna have to stick with just Han (any and all), the droids, and Chewie. Sorry Luke and Leia! You're just too darn expensive now! :wave

JESUS CHRIST.. Did.. did anyone else just hear that?
or was it more felt than heard....

it's... it's... it's as if millions of bank accounts and wallets suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced by their owners telling them to shut the hell up.

Its an appropriate line, but it was already said. :)

But HT has essentially said that it will test the consumer on how much it wants its products. Because now many of us have some decisions to make- buy luke dx, superman, and green lantern OR get the porch fixed.

The volume of product and the price has enroached past "hobby" money. HT will be a regular receipient of your cash, just like the electric company or the supermarket.

Its an appropriate line, but it was already said. :)

But HT has essentially said that it will test the consumer on how much it wants its products. Because now many of us have some decisions to make- buy luke dx, superman, and green lantern OR get the porch fixed.

The volume of product and the price has enroached past "hobby" money. HT will be a regular receipient of your cash, just like the electric company or the supermarket.

:goodpost:

Wondered if this would happen after EB and Medicom joined forces... I think this collaboration will have a slight advantage :lol

I wonder if we'll get specifics as to how far the collaboration will go. Will most SW figures from here-on-out be collaborations, will some figures be only Hot Toys or only Sideshow, etc.?

Wondered if this would happen after EB and Medicom joined forces... I think this collaboration will have a slight advantage :lol

I wonder if we'll get specifics as to how far the collaboration will go. Will most SW figures from here-on-out be collaborations, will some figures be only Hot Toys or only Sideshow, etc.?

from the article it seems that only some will be collaborations, but I think the rest will resume to be from/made by sideshow. I think the most popular/ common character are what the collaberationw ill tackle like Luke, Han, Obi-wan, Vader hopefully Chewie. I would assume mostly ANH characters

They collaborated on the new Prometheus body, but no figure in particular. And no releases specifically from Hot Toys

Only slight? :lol

The smiley face was supposed to imply sarcasm :cuckoo:

But, to be clear the EBXMedicom has been a joke so far... and even their collaborations have been less impressive than figures only made by HT.

So we definitely got the best of both worlds here... just think of it Trevor Grove sculpts painted by Hot Toys :drool :pray:

This is also a way for SS to go back and produce some of the figures that weren't up to par like Bespin Han and Luke because of paint apps ect.. since SS
doesn't want to produce multiple versions of the same character ala Hasbro.

Even through I like the SS Bespin Luke and Han I would still
buy an SS/HT version . I doubt if will see anymore than 2-3 of these a year since HT has so many liscenses already and SS doesn't want compete with thier own product.

I'm pretty sure that the colaboration is mainly going to be for human characters since SS has been doing an awsome job with armored figures , aliens and soon droids . SS will still produce Humans I'm sure but I don't think a character like Tarkin altough
highly requested wouldn't warrant a DX version . We'll probably see
alot of felamle characters as part of this new line.

I think your estimation is pretty much right on target. The female characters and Chewbacca will be amazing as well.

Back