Sideshow Collectibles X Hot Toys - Star Wars Collaboration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The day Sideshow and Hot Toys took over the world.

Good bye Gentle Giant, Attakus, Enterbay, Medicom and others! :monkey2

This is huge news for 1:6 scale collectors, and I will be sure to lurk and look at everybodys' collections, but I can't go back to Star Wars, no matter how awesome Luke (and the rest of the line) is going to be!

Would DX Bespin Luke come with his X-Wing Pilot gear as a second outfit?

This is huge news for 1:6 scale collectors, and I will be sure to lurk and look at everybodys' collections, but I can't go back to Star Wars, no matter how awesome Luke (and the rest of the line) is going to be!

I'm thinking that's a good probability. Just like the INDY DX comes with the Map Room gear.

This could likely be an all-in-one TESB Luke, with X-Wing, Dagobah and Bespin gear.

My guess would be a clean suit/head and a battle damage suit/head no X-wing suit.

With all these 1/6th figures and announcements flying out, it is going to be tough to single one out as figure of the year.

This is also a way for SS to go back and produce some of the figures that weren't up to par like Bespin Han and Luke because of paint apps ect.. since SS
doesn't want to produce multiple versions of the same character ala Hasbro.

Even through I like the SS Bespin Luke and Han I would still
buy an SS/HT version . I doubt if will see anymore than 2-3 of these a year since HT has so many liscenses already and SS doesn't want compete with thier own product.

I'm pretty sure that the colaboration is mainly going to be for human characters since SS has been doing an awsome job with armored figures , aliens and soon droids . SS will still produce Humans I'm sure but I don't think a character like Tarkin altough
highly requested wouldn't warrant a DX version . We'll probably see
alot of felamle characters as part of this new line.

yea i dont think he wore an xwing suit to bespin.

now if it was a dagobah luke he would have had the speeder suit & the fatigues.........right?

but saying that i'm still surprized we haven't seen an xwing luke before now.

So I'm assuming HT will be releasing the figures and SSC will focus on environments or larger creatures and characters?
Match made in heaven IMO...
I wonder if we'll see more of that during SDCC?

Weren't Sideshow and Hot Toys already collaborating on some level already? My Sideshow 501st has the Hot Toys logo on the bottom of the box.

So I'm assuming HT will be releasing the figures and SSC will focus on environments or larger creatures and characters?
Match made in heaven IMO...
I wonder if we'll see more of that during SDCC?

I would say HT will be making select items and SS will still make most of the stuff.

Would like HT to remake Jedi Luke, ROTS Anakin and Kenobi, Bespin Han and ANH Leia.

Back