Sideshow Collectibles is killing me!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardcase01

Freakzoid
Reaction score
In the past two weeks they've announced Mace, Obi, and Han all getting ready to pop on the scene in the next 2 weeks!!! GAAAAAAAAA! Like who thinks this stuff up?

SSC Exec meeting:
Exec1 So what's the delivery schedule for the SW line?
Exec2 I'm thinking ooooooh saaaaaaay 3 figures at a time along with some LOTR goodies all delivered in the same 2-3 week span.

Exec1 WOW! that's a little much all at once don't you think?
Exec2 Not really, It'll kill off the weak and unworthy and toughen up those who remain for the Alien/Predator mass releases coming up!

Exec1 .....Good point. I love being an Exec here at SSC.
Exec2 Let's get lunch, that was hard work!

Dear Sideshow collectibles, On behalf of fans evereywhere .....Knock this **** off!!!!

Sincerely, HC01

In all seriousness I'm pretty excited to see so much 1/6th goodness coming our way in the next little while.

Clay

Last edited:
You've got a vivid imagination, Clay!:lol

But yeah.....you are right! :monkey2 It's going to be difficult making ends meet! I guess I have to live on bread and water for the next two months!
Sigh.....I used to be able to afford better clothes, spanking new mobile phones........latest electronic gadgets, etc etc........Damned you, Sideshow!:lol :lol

I'm pretty excited too, and have no problem with the 12" release schedule. Now if they were releasing 2 or 3 PFs all at once, it would be a different story!

Not sure of the reason, but this same scenario seems to happen every year. August, September, and even into October we get bombarded with items shipping.

How about us that collect other lines? -

coming now or next couple of weeks
-Robocop
-Ironman PF
-Spiderman PF
-3 SW 12"

...and that's just SSC

plus
-Weta Superman Returns
-2 GG Potter busts

If I recall November will be nasty too unless dates change because Yoda Bust, Dagobah Luke, and the Mummy were shipping in Q4 and I think the flexpay final payment was in November.

Pretty much with the Star Wars and Legacy Bonds all being released like this I've been forced to put money aside as soon as I order it :monkey3 instead of waiting, otherwise things would have gotten really ugly fast. :monkey4 The problem of course is that I had a buncha stuff pre-ordered that I then had to make myself go back and pay. :monkey1 I'm one broke monkey. :monkey2 But how can I resist all this great stuff? :monkey5

Agent0028 said:
If I recall November will be nasty too unless dates change because Yoda Bust, Dagobah Luke, and the Mummy were shipping in Q4 and I think the flexpay final payment was in November.

Pretty much with the Star Wars and Legacy Bonds all being released like this I've been forced to put money aside as soon as I order it :monkey3 instead of waiting, otherwise things would have gotten really ugly fast. :monkey4 The problem of course is that I had a buncha stuff pre-ordered that I then had to make myself go back and pay. :monkey1 I'm one broke monkey. :monkey2 But how can I resist all this great stuff? :monkey5

If November gets nasty, I can always use the back up plan: have them be Christmas presents. But yeah, its feast or famine with Sideshow. One or two a month is fine, but when 8 things come at you nearly all at once, it really shows how much we spend on these things :eek: I would honestly hate to see how much I've actually spent on my collections over the years.

Well if the collectors are screaming now, wait till everyones wives find out. I'm predicting several mass murders :lol

DarthRamuk said:
You've got a vivid imagination, Clay!:lol

But yeah.....you are right! :monkey2 It's going to be difficult making ends meet! I guess I have to live on bread and water for the next two months!

The best diet program around!!!!!! :D

I tell ya... I was thinking about cancelling Jabba and company (still might).. then the better half tells me she likes Jabba the most out of all the SW characters. :monkey1 I don't know what to do. Keep him and she'll accept my addiction better.. or get rid of him for other figs. Either way SS get's my money!:monkey2

.necromancer. said:
I tell ya... I was thinking about cancelling Jabba and company (still might).. then the better half tells me she likes Jabba the most out of all the SW characters. :monkey1 I don't know what to do. Keep him and she'll accept my addiction better.. or get rid of him for other figs. Either way SS get's my money!:monkey2

Dont cancel Jabba you will regret it in a few years just buy everything now that you would remotely want especially if you are getting permission from your better half. You want find it that cheap later well at least the exclusives.

Well that was an easy fix to the sudden deluge of pre-orders. I just increased my credit limit by $200!!

Yeah I know...not the best idea, but it gives me some breathing room and they'll be paid for soon enough.

:monkey2 i can't believe SS did this. Not only am I collecting the LORT and SW but also the Twisted Rabbit line. I got sooo much things coming I may have to cancel here and there :monkey2

OMG! In addition to Han, Obi and Mace shipping notifications, I had to cancel my PF Excl. GG flexi pay plan as SS messed up on my payment schedule.....so now, I'm paying for it in one single payment and it's on its way.....and I thought I cancelled my SDCC Subject 5 and Freddy but they are being shipped too, together with the VCD 501st Clone Trooper......!

Now truly, I'm officially broke!:monkey2

I remember as a kid if I didn't get SW action figures as a present I really could only afford a handful or so a year with Christmas, birthday, or allowance money. Wait a minute, that's this year.... :monkey1 :monkey2 :lol

Adding injury to insult, Thursday's newsletter said Qui-Gon Jinn will be shipping in late September. Let me see, that's Han, Obi-Wan, Mace, LOTR's Strider and now Qui-Gon all in the next two MONTHS!!!

The collection agencies will get me ... if my wife doesn't first. With Sideshow, it seems it's either feast or famine.

I'm probably going to have to cancel either Mace or Qui-Gon. If you guys had to chose between one or the other, who would you dump?

My PPO on Mace is for the Regular Version and Qui-Gon is Exclusive Version.

Mortar Conn said:
I'm probably going to have to cancel either Mace or Qui-Gon. If you guys had to chose between one or the other, who would you dump?

If push comes to shove, I'd probably drop Mace. He's the only one I didn't have a really strong I GOTTA GET HIM! feeling for.

Back