Sideshow Collectibles display cases????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So this seems to be a really big issue lately, LACK OF SPACE for all the great SS pieces!!!! People are always looking for ways to display their collection, and after a while, people just don't have room/cases to display all their items... So my question is, has SS ever considered making custom display cases in various sizes?!?!?!??!:naughty

I remember a while back that a company made a custom Star Wars display cabinet, and it was AWESOME!!!! (Here's the link to the thread about it: https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Official_Star_Wars_Display_Cabinet_98183.asp)

Now if SS made a display case like this, that would be TOO cool for school! I think if they made these in a variety of sizes, it would be pretty successful :) Sure people may not need a HUGE display cabinet in the link I posted, but they may need a couple individual ones for there 1:1 bust/diorama. Either way, I'm sure people would be pretty interested in purchasing some of these to give their SS pieces the appropriate display glory! Not to mention, to preserve them properly as well :D

So what do you guys think?? :naughty

I wish, I have been looking for something big and strong enough for my heavier pieces.
The Thing weighs a ton and so does the Arnie Bust Terminator Bust.

Pride Displays the company that made the Star wars cabinet no longer has a website.
Sad, I wanted to see what else they had.

I don't get it. Why would SS add furntiure building to their already quickly expaning line of products? Plus, can you imagine the cost? Just check craigslist and you'll eventually find what you need for a lot less.

What would people be willing to pay for display cases like that? Or even lit display cases that hang on the wall that hold two or more figures?

If a set of books was pricey, I have no doubt that display would be 3 grand at least.

I do agree that those set of books was RIDICULOUSLY priced, but I wouldn't think this would be too bad. Especially if they made them in smaller and less expensive materials... If they used really nice wood and stuff, I'm sure it would be CRAZY expensive. But I think a nice simple case/cabinet with a Sideshow emblem would be pretty basic and KEWL!!!! :cool:

i agree with some of the others. sideshow products are mostly based on high quality materials, packaging, and so on, hence these types of things would b very expensive. i dont think it would b 2 hard for someone 2 find something that fits their space needs because there are other companies that specialize in this stuff and they can b bought rather cheap if looked hard enough for. i just dont c sideshow having any interest in such a thing

If a set of books was pricey, I have no doubt that display would be 3 grand at least.

I know the one in the link would be pricey. Probably not 3Gs but close to it.

I was curious as to how much a collector would be willing to pay for a decent display case.

So this seems to be a really big issue lately, LACK OF SPACE for all the great SS pieces!!!! People are always looking for ways to display their collection, and after a while, people just don't have room/cases to display all their items... So my question is, has SS ever considered making custom display cases in various sizes?!?!?!??!:naughty

I remember a while back that a company made a custom Star Wars display cabinet, and it was AWESOME!!!! (Here's the link to the thread about it: https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Official_Star_Wars_Display_Cabinet_98183.asp)

Now if SS made a display case like this, that would be TOO cool for school! I think if they made these in a variety of sizes, it would be pretty successful :) Sure people may not need a HUGE display cabinet in the link I posted, but they may need a couple individual ones for there 1:1 bust/diorama. Either way, I'm sure people would be pretty interested in purchasing some of these to give their SS pieces the appropriate display glory! Not to mention, to preserve them properly as well :D

So what do you guys think?? :naughty

that is so sexy, is there any of these still around?

that is so sexy, is there any of these still around?

I know right?!?! :monkey5 I don't think they're around anymore though :( I think they were on your side of the globe, but it looks like the website isn't active anymore. You can probably call around and see if there were ever any floating around... I never saw how much these actually sold for, or IF they even were on sale at all :eek: I'd be curious to know...

This would be doable, just needs SS to want to do it.

I think the best solution would be to say team up with IKEA. That way you could sell SS/IKEA display "kits" from all the stores of IKEA around the world and put them together yourself. That way, they would still look pretty nice, be much easier to get and be as cheap as possible, but of course by working with SS, they would be build with the size and weight of statues in mind.

This would be doable, just needs SS to want to do it.

I think the best solution would be to say team up with IKEA. That way you could sell SS/IKEA display "kits" from all the stores of IKEA around the world and put them together yourself. That way, they would still look pretty nice, be much easier to get and be as cheap as possible, but of course by working with SS, they would be build with the size and weight of statues in mind.

That would be pretty cool. I think that's another problem that collectors run into, finding display shelves that will support the heavy weight of these SS pieces!!!! I mean, a thin glass shelf can only hold so much, and I would DIE if a shelf broke and damaged some of my items!!! :horror..... I haven't even really shopped around for display cases really, but if Sideshow could make themselves a "one-stop-shop" and also provide display cases for their products, it would make them one step closer to monopolozing the industry :D (even though it seems like they just DOMINATE already!!! :banana)

I can honestly say that this has been looked into, at various times and through various means. Let's just say that the shipping cost alone would probably deter most collectors, plus, in order to bring it down to a good, competitive price to pass on to our collectors, we would have to order something like this, in one specific size, in bulk, and find the space to store such large items until they are ordered, etc. It's a conundrum, and at this time they decided it's best left up to companies who specialize in that sort of thing!

Currently, there are many companies who specialize in creating high-end displays, and they buy all their materials in bulk, making their displays custom-sized, as ordered - thus they can create something especially for YOUR collection, as they are true experts in the field - especially since every collection is different and every collector wants a different display. One that a lot of collectors recommend is Cases for Collectibles - https://www.casesforcollectibles.com/ - they mostly specialize in single acrylic boxes, but I believe they do custom design as well.

Here's another, more high-end style, using wood, etc: https://www.gemodisplays.com/

I can honestly say that this has been looked into, at various times and through various means. Let's just say that the shipping cost alone would probably deter most collectors, plus, in order to bring it down to a good, competitive price to pass on to our collectors, we would have to order something like this, in one specific size, in bulk, and find the space to store such large items until they are ordered, etc. It's a conundrum, and at this time they decided it's best left up to companies who specialize in that sort of thing!

Which is were teaming up with someone like IKEA would solve many of those problems. In many ways they are almost there, its just that much of the IKEA stuff doesn't have collectibles statues in mind. So sideshow could advise on weight requirements, maybe spots that could do with a bit more reinforcement and of course avoiding the times when something would fit just right, if only it was a few more inches taller or wider.

Check your local card shop, Hallmark stores, knick knack shops for cabinets. They're always changing out their displays. Our local card shop did a renovation a couple of years ago and got rid of all their displays. There were really nice ones that they sold for good price. Also check funiture stores that have swap shops or used funiture.

Thing doesn't fit in my Besta, too bad since I was about to put a glass door in it.

I've to find another spot for him :(

That display case posted from the rebelscum page is awesome looking though.

If it's 20 deep all glass and metal, I'd buy one.
Nothing fancy that will drive up the price because we all need that $$ for more collectibles.

My biggest problem with display cases, is finding one deep enough for my PF Hulks and Hulk vs Spideys. :(

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
will be more than your statues

Back