Premium Format Sideshow Boba Fett Premium Format ROTJ 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow New Boba Fett Premium Format Return Of The Jedi

Thanks for the advice everyone! May take my chance on the waitlist as the exclusive would be the one I want.

Great pictures and love how the angled glass shelf fits the base perfectly! Such a great pose from SS!

Lol, thanks never noticed that detail about the glass shelf. Had a look and was impressed :p you’ll enjoy this Boba once you get em.

Lol, thanks never noticed that detail about the glass shelf. Had a look and was impressed :p you’ll enjoy this Boba once you get em.

I didn't notice it in the pics either, now that I see it, it's like the shelf was made for the base (or vice versa)! Awesome.

Here is my custom Sideshow Premium Format Boba Fett. I wanted to add a little bit more detail and dirtiness to him but not too much.

tyQAWLnl.jpg

RRnonRLl.jpg

YKtJnFVl.jpg

Not bad at all!
I do prefer a more weathered look on my collectibles too.

I like the extra detail on the helmet. Looks more like the prototype and how it should’ve been. Good job Joffre!

Very nice!
Not bad at all!
I do prefer a more weathered look on my collectibles too.
I like the extra detail on the helmet. Looks more like the prototype and how it should’ve been. Good job Joffre!
Thank you very much everyone! Yeah I put a lot of focus into the helmet. The body scratches blend in a lot better in person too. They just seemed to pop in my pictures.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have been collecting for a while but I have always avoided Premium formats because of the non polystone material like cloth and rubber, pleather, etc. However I like most who grew up with the OT Star Wars am a huge Fett fan. I love this pose and from seeing the photos on here it looks amazing. As we all know SS piece always go up on the secondary market so I don't want to wait too long and miss this like so many others. Are my fears unfounded on PF figures? I for example have the SW Gentle Giant mini busts and Sideshow McQuarrie Fett and Stormtrooper and love those pieces. But they are polystone.

Any input would be welcome, even a PM as I don't want to take over the thread about this awesome piece.

I would not get this Boba. I opened it up and was immediately disappointed with the pose and lack of weathering the prototype had on it.

Hello,

I have been collecting for a while but I have always avoided Premium formats because of the non polystone material like cloth and rubber, pleather, etc. However I like most who grew up with the OT Star Wars am a huge Fett fan. I love this pose and from seeing the photos on here it looks amazing. As we all know SS piece always go up on the secondary market so I don't want to wait too long and miss this like so many others. Are my fears unfounded on PF figures? I for example have the SW Gentle Giant mini busts and Sideshow McQuarrie Fett and Stormtrooper and love those pieces. But they are polystone.

Any input would be welcome, even a PM as I don't want to take over the thread about this awesome piece.

Once you go Premium Format, you'll never go back, in my opinion. Others prefer an all sculpted statue, but for me, the mixed media is just a step up from a realism perspective. This Fett piece in particular is a stand-out in person. I've had some of my PFs displayed for a decade and the materials are 100% fine.

Some like the fabric on statues but to me it makes the statue look like a doll. That said I do own a few SS PF's that have cloth because I wanted the character bad enough.... I had an earlier Boba Fett PF and sold it once I got my XM fully sculpted Statue of Boba Fett... IMO it blew away the SS one so that's why I sold the SS one...

Some issues with fabric is it can fade over time, elastic parts can lose their elasticity over time, some faux leather type fabric can crack over time or in the case of my Catwoman PF really small white spots started to show up, I sold that statue also... There's no guarantee this will happen to your Fabric but it is a possibility over time..

Some like the fabric on statues but to me it makes the statue look like a doll. That said I do own a few SS PF's that have cloth because I wanted the character bad enough.... I had an earlier Boba Fett PF and sold it once I got my XM fully sculpted Statue of Boba Fett... IMO it blew away the SS one so that's why I sold the SS one...

Some issues with fabric is it can fade over time, elastic parts can lose their elasticity over time, some faux leather type fabric can crack over time or in the case of my Catwoman PF really small white spots started to show up, I sold that statue also... There's no guarantee this will happen to your Fabric but it is a possibility over time..

What you wrote it precisely why I have avoided them. This right here, even the doll comment LOL because even the 12" figures I collect are all plastic. Besides the issues you listed I also worry about dust on cloth making it look dingy. I just really want a classic Fett (have the McQuarrie which is awesome, missed out on the Mythos) and now I find there aren't really Fett statues out there I want.

The mixed media especially on the Star Wars Premium Formats look really great. Hot Toys have that doll look to me, not these statues, it’s just an extra level of detail and authenticity. Keep them out of sunlight and either put them behind glass or dust once a week and you won’t have anything to worry about.

Good post! I don't mind mixed media on Hot Toys figures, but not a big fan on larger statues. Polystone can be well sculpted to look like fabric, look at the new Iron Studios Vader, way above the Vader PF in all aspects. Pleather, rubber and even some fabric can have issues in time.

Was wondering who had this version and ESB Boba?
Which do you prefer. I want to add one of them to my collection. Thanks!

Was wondering who had this version and ESB Boba?
Which do you prefer. I want to add one of them to my collection. Thanks!

the poses are so completely different, that I think it's a very personal and subjective choice in terms of which one someone prefers.

Just ordered this - for some reason it's really grown on me over the last few months. I'm a big fan of the Clint Eastwood Man With No Name Trilogy and the gunslinger pose of this Fett reminds me of it. I still plan on keeping my ESB PF for now, but i'll see how I feel once I compare them in person.

Just ordered this - for some reason it's really grown on me over the last few months. I'm a big fan of the Clint Eastwood Man With No Name Trilogy and the gunslinger pose of this Fett reminds me of it. I still plan on keeping my ESB PF for now, but i'll see how I feel once I compare them in person.

Congrats! Post pics when you get him!

I picked up my first sideshow been lurking for ages.. love this figure got it for spooktacular

It?s so much better in person with those details

(I don?t get the cloth cape though as I can?t get it look right ?)

Back