Premium Format Sideshow Batman PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From today's Q&A:

Q. Will we ever see a Nicholson Keaton Batman Joker PFF?
A. Dare to dream, my friend. We certainly are. And we have BIG plans for the DC license!

So, does that mean no?

I take it to mean that the film rights aren't locked up yet for Batman 89 but that they are actively going after it. They used to respond aloof like that when they were going after the DC License in general.

This is my fav Batman costume(the grey and black), all it needs is SS love and some tweaking, like make the cape and cowl from the same material.

Oh and Knightsend and Knightquest Batman PF would be good as well.

View attachment 39627

Knightquest Batman(this would make a cool PF)

Last edited:
I believe this is the design for batman. Looks sick.

That symbol is telling. It is the New 52 style of Bat especially given the lack of "upper wing" that was a staple of the symbol for years and the messy bottom which was before the reboot a look that was characterized by Miller's TDKR and the occasional kid's animation look. It just might be a sketch and have no bearing on the actual piece itself but man if they went Lee's New 52 Batman over something a bit more classic for the first Batman PF, the amount of nerd rage on these boards would be epic. :lol

I think it's safe to say that out of any of the characters, those in the Batfamily will get the most love both heroes and rogues. Batman is DC's cash cow. Hell they are even creating yet another Batman animated series on top of what is already there.

Someone should put a poll with this thread about which bat suit they'd like to see on a Batman PF.

I'd vote for a black and gray "classic" type or maybe something like Lee Bermejo's version:

batmanbnwleebermejo.jpg

I want defenetelly the black and grey version of the suit. This is my absolutelly favorite. The pure blue and grey version is ugly IMO and I never liked it.

But "classic" Batman is blue and gray. :dunno

No! It is black and grey!

detective27.jpg

batman_in_detective_comics_27.jpg

batman-20080327040129691-000.jpg

Yeah it has a little blue in his costum but basically it is black and grey.

Last edited:
The blue was used for highlights. Classic Batman is black and grey. The only blue I can live with is the deeper blue, like a faded cobalt color, that Jim Lee uses. That royal blue ____ makes no sense and is retardly ugly.

The blue was used for highlights. Classic Batman is black and grey. The only blue I can live with is the deeper blue, like a faded cobalt color, that Jim Lee uses. That royal blue ____ makes no sense and is retardly ugly.

I agree...the black and blue mix like in the Batman TAS cartoon or in the comics don't really work on figures anyway so I agree...I hope they will make it black and grey. The pure blue version would be very ugly.

Classic Batman at least according to DC Direct has always been Blue and Gray.

4905_pd1088624_1.jpg

Mainly because in the Golden Age soon after the original FA Batman which was posted above, they went to blue with black highlights instead of the other way around. As he moved into the Silver Age the blue was made heavier and the highlights downplayed especially throughout the Bronze Age with artists like Neil Adams. It was the Modern age that was all over the place including at one point all black to mimic the Burton suit, then jumping back and forth through black with Blue to Blue with black in terms of main color/highlights.

Even though Jim Lee does his in blue the modern age Batman is usually considered the Black and Gray similar to the FA because it is used more in the books than the other option.

But "classic" Batman is blue and gray. :dunno

That's why I put classic in quotes. The blue arose as highlights to the black and over the years it took over and we got blue and gray. When coloring and printing technologies got better, the blue went back to being black.

That's why I put classic in quotes. The blue arose as highlights to the black and over the years it took over and we got blue and gray. When coloring and printing technologies got better, the blue went back to being black.

See the post directly above yours. :wink1:

Well whatever color they decide on, im still repainting mine to pink and white with a hello kitty logo on his chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back