sideshow based Commander Gree

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurricane

Super Freak
Reaction score
This guys a WIP ill post some details of how what was done how asap.
2010_04010003.jpg

2010_04010005.jpg

2010_04010004.jpg

The thing i most love about that char is the reflective screening on the eyeslit, and you done an amazing job on that and everything :rock

Ow hell Hurricane you make it all look so easy!!

I love the metallic green visor looks so cool.

Guess I will add him to my todo list.... sigh I will never get the falcon finish, will all you guys stop being so chuffin inspirational!!

Looks cool....with all those Clones around here now....I am tempted...BUT I have to stay strong....

Good Job though...looking forward to the FINAL result...

Don't fight it Boba... just let is wash over you. Hurricanes clones sent me to the darkside!!! and I love it. I am forever in debt to him!!

Although I don't think my wife is.

What more have you got to do on him Hurricane?

Don't fight it Boba... just let is wash over you. Hurricanes clones sent me to the darkside!!! and I love it. I am forever in debt to him!!

Although I don't think my wife is.

What more have you got to do on him Hurricane?

hurricane is like a ninja he pops in goes wham bam, then he's gone again :lol

@Dorgs...I have to,since my SW Figure To-do List....is getting longer and longer...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my Military Figure To-do List aint getting shorter either!!!!

amazing once again Hurricane!

You know, if I was a Sideshow Exec and I saw this, I would cross Gree of the list of figures to make... I would just give up, realizing Sideshow customers would want something of this quality, nice shiny green visor and all, and Sideshow probably couldn't do it...

I definitely think you've upstaged Sideshow! Now you need a Yoda and some clear stands, so you can have Yoda jumping up and slicing Gree's head off right before he was about to kill him!

I thought I was done with clones for now, but I suddenly have the urge to look for clonobi's on eBay again...

@Dorgs...I have to,since my SW Figure To-do List....is getting longer and longer...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my Military Figure To-do List aint getting shorter either!!!!

My Star Wars 1/6th want list got so big I sold almost all of my 1/6th military collection (about 40 figures and a bunch of vehicles) except for some of my WWII stuff.:horror

Heres some of how it was done, the visor is nothing more than holographic card from a local card shop, as the helmets a sideshow original i just ripped it apart and dremeled away at the back of the face plate.Then scored thru and cut with a scalpel.
Paints were mostly tamiya on top of citadel chaos black primer.
the metal bits were Alclad II real metal finishes, polished aluminium,then maskol used for random scrathes /paint wear, before airbrushing with thinned tamiya paints.Camo patterns were created with small bits of sponge held in a paper clip.Second thermal detonator was a casting of the sideshow one.The helmet has had the airiator section replaced with a casted GG clone one.(sorry REALLY dont like sideshows rendition of this bit ),straps were made from very thin faux leather and the shoulder parts made from plasticard and some textured fabricy stuff i had hanging about.The radio backpack was made from plasticard and wire, reference was scarce for this guy i couldnt find the ILM digital model files like i had for cody.Currently making the macrobinos he held in the scene with yoda(before he was a naughty clone and got decapitated)
paints used were
XF 11 j.n. green
XF 10 flat brown
XF 14 j.a. grey
X5 green
alcald II real metal finishes polised aluminium
halfords grey primer
citadel mithril silver
citadel washes Gryphonne sepia/badass black
citadel chaos black
citadel skull white
2010_03310178.jpg

2010_04060002.jpg

2010_04060006.jpg

2010_04060008.jpg

2010_04060011.jpg

ahhh..........just beautiful. glen your work is so amazing. the littlest of details just take an already awesome piece and make it 100x better.

Back