Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the looks of it, but I have to drawn the line somewhere, and that price is just too much. That and seeing the paint on the last few Sideshow releases, it seems like the prices are going up with the quality is just going down. I'd be worried about blowing $700 on this one and then seeing it not live up to the pictures a year from now.

This piece will be amazing. If you collect batman rogues you will regret not buying this.
Sell a couple weak pieces to pay for this. Worth it.

So happy to be getting this, he's amazing
I had a pleasant surprise, I was able to use my $20 off code from my Green Goblin box
Usually those codes don't work on preorders, do they?

Don't like the EX head, and the price is not worth EX pre-order; going to get regular at local store or at least see some finish product pictures first

I know this has been done to death but I wonder how many more of these statues Sideshow would have sold if they priced it more reasonably. I for one would have bought this in a second if it was about a hundred bucks cheaper. I can't help but think that a thousand more of these in customers hands at a $600 price tag would be better than that many less at the actual price. What's the thinking behind sideshows disgusting jump in pricing these days?

I know this has been done to death but I wonder how many more of these statues Sideshow would have sold if they priced it more reasonably. I for one would have bought this in a second if it was about a hundred bucks cheaper. I can't help but think that a thousand more of these in customers hands at a $600 price tag would be better than that many less at the actual price. What's the thinking behind sideshows disgusting jump in pricing these days?

Gotta make money somehow with californias high taxes

I agree that the price hike has not even been a gradual one. To a lot of collectors this is a wrong turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta make money somehow with californias high taxes

California is a mess sadly. They have a $400 billion in unfunded liabilities and debt from public pensions, retiree health care and bonds. There are more people not working than working in California. Only 43% work and rest are on government assistance, at least from last report I read. Plus the new $15 minimum wage doesn't help. Sadly all those extra taxes and cost get put on US consumers sadly.

I think, like with the Kylo Ren PF, they offered those incentives when they first went up for pre-order, so I doubt they would do so after the fact and have to deal with collectors who ordered first day feeling ripped-off.

Ah yes, good point. That wouldn't be fair to people who ordered Bane right away. :monkey4

How come no one was complaining about the Prime 1 Spider-Man price?

That piece is bigger even though it's a 1/4. The videos I've seen prove that also. Almost a 1/3 Deadpool is tiny? So they are trying to justify it by being more complex pose and maybe more details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Bane was priced the same way the Hulk Wolverine piece was there wouldn't be an argument over pricing. Both are the exact same scale in size. I also prefer the Hulk Wolverine piece over this one!

How come no one was complaining about the Prime 1 Spider-Man price?
Prime 1 delivers every piece with flawless CQ and prototype level paint, while Sideshow is known more as a hit-and-miss on those accounts.

Also want to add, Not bashing Sideshow, this is not based on personal experience, but rather what I've read in forums, FB etc. Personally, I have more than 30 Sideshow pieces, and only had 1 issue (which Sideshow CS worked out quickly).

Back