1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to like this but for the price I don't. The figure just doesn't look that impressive to me (mostly the head sculpt) and while the outfit and accessories aren't bad it seems overpriced.

Was excited to get this figure but after reading comments about it, I am hesitant for now.

Since it will be released Oct 2016 - Dec 2016, I will let it sit for awhile before deciding instead of doing a day one pre-order.

everything is overpriced
I don't disagree but we all have come to terms with what these figures cost or we wouldn't collect them. The problem for Sideshow is that they haven't proven they can make figures that are worth the prices they're charging. Plus in many cases they price figures higher than Hot Toys and don't come close to the quality.

For a little while i though that we had a surprise accessory when i looked at the specs but upon a 2nd look im guessing its a typo :lol

The Ash Williams Sixth Scale Figure specially features:

Unique male body with double-jointed chainsaw arm
Detailed likeness of Bruce Campbell as Ash from Evil Dead II
Tailored and weathered costume with shotgun rig, as seen at the end of the film
Chainsaw
Shotgun
Four (4) interchangeable hands including:
- Shotgun grip
- Relaxed hand
- C-grip
- Fist
One (1) pair of boots
Henrietta hand
Necronomicon
Exclusive possessed severed right hand

Not to keen on the figure as a whole especial the head but i am considering getting it just for the Henrietta head.

I sent a letter to Porsche with how much I think they should be charging for a 911 Turbo S.

They haven't responded or changed their prices.

Same... I want the exclusive so I'll pay the price; but not full retail. That or maybe I'll just use RP and get it for free; decisions, decisions.

Totally agree and honestly this figure looks as good as any of the customs I've seen... I'm sure the final product will not be as nice, but I think the potential for a great figure will be there. And I think on my own personal custom (that I completed years ago) I easily spent over $300.

While $240 is still too high, especially for Sideshow, it's at least better than the custom alternatives.

$20 coupon helps a little bit.

Looking at your figure, I'd just swap out for the new shoes and maybe pants. :lol

Well, I think that a more correct analogy would be promoting their car in the catalog with pics that make it looks like a Mercedes, selling it at the price of a Lamborghini, but knowing well that the quality of the final product they're going to send to customers is going to be closer to a Hyundai.... :lecture

If the greater stock of Hyundais sold through at Lamborghini prices, and the stragglers went at a nominal discount, then you'd have something closer to a valid analogy. Also, Hyundai is an exaggeration; most of the time, they're closer to an Audi.

Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

I'm hoping this winds up being another Deadpool for Sideshow. Every gripes about price and how he looks and then once the in-hand photos start showing up, people will be swooping in left and right to buy one.

I've been waiting a very long time for a figure like this that wasn't those crappy AoD ones from back in the day and definitely will pick him up.

I think this looks effing great.

I don't like higher prices either, but the larger I have grown my own collection and when I look at the spots I still want to fill (Ash being one), I feel somewhat non-plussed by the increases. It costs what it costs. I want it in my collection, so that is that.

Now just come close to what you have shown SS.

At this price point, it'd be nice to know that what you see is what you're going to get. Sideshow hasn't had a good enough track record with their 1/6 scale figures lately for me to preorder for $240 without being blown away by the production piece. Even then I'd use a coupon to drop it down $20.

I'd almost ignore the price points if it wasn't false advertising.

Same! I'd happily pay if i knew for sure it would be at least like the proto quality, hell the proto quality isn't even that high to begin with either. I dont know how they can afford to be in the figure business, they surely spend more money making these damn things more than they sell them. :dunno

At this price point, it'd be nice to know that what you see is what you're going to get. Sideshow hasn't had a good enough track record with their 1/6 scale figures lately for me to preorder for $240 without being blown away by the production piece. Even then I'd use a coupon to drop it down $20.

Yeah i mean they should knock something out of the park at least once in a while right? I mean are they too cheap to hire painters of skill? I kinda wish we could buy this figure unpainted so we wouldn't have to worry about ssc ****ing it up. Then gets some guys on here to start a painting service. :lecture

Oh i like you updated sig by they way with the 2 zod's :lol

Back