1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever the final result is, I am buying it and if I have to repaint it myself I will do it.
This is the best chance to get an affordable Ash

Guess we can toss the Di$ney royalties out the window for stuff, because there is no way Evil Dead products command the same royalty rate.

I'm sure a couple members of this board will be happy to explain how the price for this is exactly what it should be.

Not me, this is a $150 figure TOPS.....$240 is $90 too much.....I mean, is this coming with actual BRUCE Campbell chest hair or something to justify the HUGE ass markup?

Agree that this should cost the same as Snake but I went ahead and ordered it anyway. It is only money after all.

Keep upping these prices but not even trying to up their game in quality. All these other companies are blowing SS away in both categories.

Wow just saw how bad this figure looks. What a joke. So amateur compared to the Beto Metali custom.

Wow $240? I bought the damn Army of Darkness PF for $250 when it came out. Will be waiting for in hand pics before making a decision. This might end up like another Snake Pliskenn.

As a matter of interest, what is the expected release date on Ash?
Not till "October-December 2016". PLENTY of time fore people to waffle back and forth. Def no rush to decide here...

Wow just saw how bad this figure looks. What a joke. So amateur compared to the Beto Metali custom.

Of course. But also ~1/4th the price of the Beto? I don't know what the beto originally cost, but for most it is not a realistic alternative these days. Hey, you get what you pay for, and sometimes you settle.

Sometimes you keep waiting until something else comes along. As for me, I am feeling very '...meh...'. No rush to decide now. I'll see how it grows on me (or drives me away) this coming year and see what else pops up.

I'm a big fan of the film and the character and this is a solid, if unspectacular, release. But at $240? No. Think I'll play the long game and wait for the inevitable discounts a la Snake.

The figure looks quite good overall... holster for the shotgun seems too shiny and light colored and the Necronomicon seems tiny, but I could just be remembering it's size wrong. The likeness seems better here than other images I've seen, but I still think it's not as strong as it should be... still no denying that's Ash, maybe just not Bruce Campbell.

I want to be clear that I am in no way suggesting that Sideshow stole any sort of idea from me... but I found this picture funny since I made a similar (but nowhere near as good looking) Henrietta head years ago and shared this photo with a similar pose :lol

evilhenn_zpsimiscanh.jpg

Please please please make production product look just like that.

You must be new here :lol

Just the hand? Pretty weak exclusive [emoji15]

Really... I'd say that's one of the most important items you could include with him. I'd say the dagger or even Henrietta's head would be a better exclusive since not everyone would need it for the figure. But the hand is almost it's own character, and is getting some new attention if you're watching the current series.

Looks like a nice set. Will wait until coupon eligible.

Same... I want the exclusive so I'll pay the price; but not full retail. That or maybe I'll just use RP and get it for free; decisions, decisions.

Yea I would much rather spend $250 on this than a grand on a custom.

Totally agree and honestly this figure looks as good as any of the customs I've seen... I'm sure the final product will not be as nice, but I think the potential for a great figure will be there. And I think on my own personal custom (that I completed years ago) I easily spent over $300.

While $240 is still too high, especially for Sideshow, it's at least better than the custom alternatives.

Really... I'd say that's one of the most important items you could include with him. I'd say the dagger or even Henrietta's head would be a better exclusive since not everyone would need it for the figure. But the hand is almost it's own character, and is getting some new attention if you're watching the current series.

Not saying the hand isn't important, but as the single exclusive element, it doesn't drive me to pre-order day one. That and the overpriced nature of the figure.

Back