1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Possessed Ash' alternate head would have been my preference for the exclusive.

I think the price is too steep, $240 compared to Snake Plissken. Depending on how Indy turns out i might pre order later I git nothing else apart from BVS line.

I just entered in the contest. Hopefully I'll win and I won't have to spend $240 :rolleyes2

I think the prototype looks outstanding but I'm not clicking any order button until the braver folks receive theirs first. :lol

I look forward to picking this up for $160 at Black Friday 2017

Too expensive for what it is. Final product won't look like this, and even this isn't that great.

I hope they're aware that a separate license is required to produce collectibles based on that particular Necronomicon. The guy who owns that license chases EVERYONE down for his money.

Too expensive for what it is. Final product won't look like this, and even this isn't that great.

I hope they're aware that a separate license is required to produce collectibles based on that particular Necronomicon. The guy who owns that license chases EVERYONE down for his money.
This may sound dumb but why is a separate license required? Shouldn't having the license to ED2 cover everything in the movie?

It usually does but the spfx guy who created the book for the movies somehow copyrighted that specific design as an original work of art back in the day. He does license it out when paid though. I just googled and it's: Tom Sullivan, the creator and copyright owner of the Books of the Dead (Necronomicon Ex-Mortis) created for Sam Raimi's Evil Dead films. He always says: "Tom: Every seller of illegal, copyright infringement replica gets an email fashioned by my lawyer demanding the seller cease and desist. That is my right and responsibility."

It's kind of like how that tattoo guy holds the copyright for Mike Tyson's eye tattoo, and not Tyson himself. He sued the Hangover movie people when they used the tattoo on the dentist character in Hangover 2 I think it was. And he got a big settlement. I remember the amount was a little less than what it would have cost to digitally remove the tattoo from the actor in every scene of the finished movie.

It usually does but the spfx guy who created the book for the movies somehow copyrighted that specific design as an original work of art back in the day. He does license it out when paid though. I just googled and it's: Tom Sullivan, the creator and copyright owner of the Books of the Dead (Necronomicon Ex-Mortis) created for Sam Raimi's Evil Dead films. He always says: "Tom: Every seller of illegal, copyright infringement replica gets an email fashioned by my lawyer demanding the seller cease and desist. That is my right and responsibility."

It's kind of like how that tattoo guy holds the copyright for Mike Tyson's eye tattoo, and not Tyson himself. He sued the Hangover movie people when they used the tattoo on the dentist character in Hangover 2 I think it was. And he got a big settlement. I remember the amount was a little less than what it would have cost to digitally remove the tattoo from the actor in every scene of the finished movie.
Thanks for the information. I've never heard that before. I bet Sideshow doesn't know that themselves. Hopefully if they pull the book they replace it with something else.

And geez for that price you're not going to include the possessed hand and a dinner plate to smash over his own head?

This is awesome I'm in completely! Love the accesories Henrietta head!!!!! Yesssss

I think thats why they took so long for the pre order. Getting all the licenses straighten out, im sure that when they said to studio canal " we wanna make a figure of ash from evil dead 2" they must have told them about the book licensing and Bruce likeness.

Back