Sideshow Articulation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MiskatonicNick said:
Also, at somepoint this year a new company, Triad, will be offering all-new 1/6th male and female bodies; designed by customisers who know about articulation and posing, these are generating quite a bit of interest.

Nick
https://www.toyville.co.uk

I am very interested in their progress. More love and attention needs to be given to the bodies themselves and not just the clothes and heads that fit on them.

JustinLuck said:
I still hope that Sideshow is working on updated bodies for their entire line.

do you own any sideshow figures currently, or will the star wars figures be your first?

captain sack said:
do you own any sideshow figures currently, or will the star wars figures be your first?

I'm thinking he doesn't. I love the current SS bodies. Very articulated.

For me Sideshows body have well enough articulation.I pose my figures once and than display it in a cabinet.I dont play with them like you geeks !!!!!.:lsvader lolll..just kidding.

One thing that I've really come to love with the SSC bodies over every single other body out there is the sculpted hands. BBi, Dragon, DiD - all use smooth generic hands that have no character whatsoever. I think they really make a difference, especially when you're talking about ringed rangers and elves or Jedi.

Darklord Dave said:
One thing that I've really come to love with the SSC bodies over every single other body out there is the sculpted hands. BBi, Dragon, DiD - all use smooth generic hands that have no character whatsoever. I think they really make a difference, especially when you're talking about ringed rangers and elves or Jedi.

Or gorillas, chimpanzees or orangutans. :angelsmil

Shaihulud said:
I dont play with them like you geeks !!!!!.:lsvader lolll..just kidding.

lol, no worries :) I'm proud to call myself a professional Toy Geek! And at least you do free your toys from their plastic and cardboard tombs ;)

Darklord Dave said:
One thing that I've really come to love with the SSC bodies over every single other body out there is the sculpted hands.

Yep, SSC hands are quite stunning though perhaps sometimes they have a little too much character? More likely my fault though - for despite my bitching I've found Sideshow bodies and hands perfect for my set of Nazi Zombies... then I see the same veined and 'clawing' hands on my Bond figures...

Now, if only SSC could get the hand colours to match the arm colour... ;)

Nick

MiskatonicNick said:
Now, if only SSC could get the hand colours to match the arm colour... ;)

Nick

Especially because mostly the sleeves are too short. Sure they look fine in the box with the arms down by the sides, but as soon as you bend them........

There have been figures released with just the forearms coloured, so why not on all the figures? The aim is to recreate a replica of a 1:1 scale being. Are things slipping? Is the expense causing things to slide back toward a toy rather than a collectible item, with less empthasis placed on fine detail, than once was? Probably not, because I have noticed a number of figures where the sleeves are no problem. Very pleased about that, but it needs to be the norm.

Back