Sideshow Arkham Asylum & Arkham City Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it will be sculpted, they seem to do better with sculpted statues than PFs.

Exactly! Thats why I have REALLY high hopes for this one! I love armored Batman, because it makes more sense to me and looks much cooler. I also really hope for a more dynamic pose than the regular PF.

Any ideas when we will get an update?

Thats ironic! DC Collectibles had it backwards and made the Asylum Batman figures Blue and the City Batman figures Black.

I believe it was blue for both games. Its just a very dark Blue that when there is little light in the environment, it looks almost black. In both games, when batman was in lights, I can see his costume as blue, but when in the shadows or dark, it looks Black.
I really hope SS can match this color Blue. As some companies just use a lighter blue, or just go compleltly black.

I hope these will be 1/4 instead of those little 1/6 toys.. I consider Mr. Freeze and Two-Face, and Scarecrow to be classic Batman villains..I hope they do a Mr. Freeze, I would be all over that!! Also another note is that the ad never had Arkham Origins on it..So don't expect those bad guys on there. I believe WB did Origins and not the previous two so that might be a different license all together?

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I hope these will be 1/4 instead of those little 1/6 toys.. I consider Mr. Freeze and Two-Face, and Scarecrow to be classic Batman villains..I hope they do a Mr. Freeze, I would be all over that!! Also another note is that the ad never had Arkham Origins on it..So don't expect those bad guys on there. I believe WB did Origins and not the previous two so that might be a different license all together?

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Or maybe because that game wasn't well received as the other two.

I believe it was blue for both games. Its just a very dark Blue that when there is little light in the environment, it looks almost black. In both games, when batman was in lights, I can see his costume as blue, but when in the shadows or dark, it looks Black.
I really hope SS can match this color Blue. As some companies just use a lighter blue, or just go compleltly black.

It was black for Asylum, Dark Blue For Arkham City. Another collector looked it up as we were having a disagreement.

It was black for Asylum, Dark Blue For Arkham City. Another collector looked it up as we were having a disagreement.
For Arkham Asylum, If you look at other media that was released with the game like comic books that tied in with the game and the posters, Batman costume is Dark blue. I believe the Blue is meant look black in low light condition (for Stealth) but in reality it is blue.
I have the "Dr penelopeYoung" Journal that came with the AA Collectors edition, they have pictures of all the Rogues and Batman. They are not screen captures, but rather color drawings in the same style of the comic book. In there you can clearly see batman suit is blue.
I believe Rocksteady always meant for the suit to be a very dark/greyish Blue for both Asylum and City, based on the other material that were released alongside with it.

However I have played this game on both Xbox360 and PS3 and on the xbox the Blue was more evident, on the PS3 it did look very much like black... maybe it was my tv settings as well (different tvs on each system).

For Arkham Asylum, If you look at other media that was released with the game like comic books that tied in with the game and the posters, Batman costume is Dark blue. I believe the Blue is meant look black in low light condition (for Stealth) but in reality it is blue.
I have the "Dr penelopeYoung" Journal that came with the AA Collectors edition, they have pictures of all the Rogues and Batman. They are not screen captures, but rather color drawings in the same style of the comic book. In there you can clearly see batman suit is blue.
I believe Rocksteady always meant for the suit to be a very dark/greyish Blue for both Asylum and City, based on the other material that were released alongside with it.

However I have played this game on both Xbox360 and PS3 and on the xbox the Blue was more evident, on the PS3 it did look very much like black... maybe it was my tv settings as well (different tvs on each system).

I have Arkham Asylum/City/Origins for the Xbox360. I've taken screen caps from Asylum in game when he's standing in full light. It's black in game. City is different, I played through again recently and in full light situations you can see the color blue, however in low situations it does appear black. Origins is black as well.

I honestly don't care what it looked like in the comics or promotional materials because that's not what these should be based off in my opinion. The only question is if they're going to only make one Batman Statue which one do they choose? Asylum or City? either way it should look fantastic.

I have Arkham Asylum/City/Origins for the Xbox360. I've taken screen caps from Asylum in game when he's standing in full light. It's black in game. City is different, I played through again recently and in full light situations you can see the color blue, however in low situations it does appear black. Origins is black as well.

I honestly don't care what it looked like in the comics or promotional materials because that's not what these should be based off in my opinion. The only question is if they're going to only make one Batman Statue which one do they choose? Asylum or City? either way it should look fantastic.

I have played them all and my favorite is Asylum. Asylum was a cult hit but City was more popular on mainstream. I am guessing that it is more likely that they will use the second game for inspiration but I could be wrong. They have done the same with the Uncharted and Halo figures, although Tomb Raider has seen different pieces over time. It will depend on sales and the reception of the fans.

I am so ready for an Arkham Bats, be it asylum or city. I just wish we could get an Arkham Origins Deathstroke PF. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Besides his classic costume, I LOVE the AO Deathstroke costume. That would look so bad @$$ as a PF.

I am so ready for an Arkham Bats, be it asylum or city. I just wish we could get an Arkham Origins Deathstroke PF. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Besides his classic costume, I LOVE the AO Deathstroke costume. That would look so bad @$$ as a PF.

I'm ready for another Arkham Game....Come on Rocksteady, quit trying to build suspense and just release the footage!

What Im trying to say is that the developers , Rocksteady, have intended for the suit to be dark Blue, but each of us see it different because of our TV settings or color saturation or what have you. For example, I have have played the same game on 2 separate tv's and systems and one looked black but the other was blue. I hope when sideshow does make these, they take that into consideration and make it that dark blue that can almost seem black at times, and I hope its asylum, I like that suit better then City.

And AO, there is no question the suit is Black and Grey, You dont see this having blue or purplish highlights.

As for Rocksteady's next offering, I am also clamoring to hear more news on this, I think I read somewhere that we might get some news by end of the month.

I'm ready for another Arkham Game....Come on Rocksteady, quit trying to build suspense and just release the footage!

Someone I know via a few friends is working for a video game magazine in the Netherlands. He said that Rocksteady was holding a press preview a few weeks back in London, where they showed their next game, which they will announce in march. It is expected to be also on the Game Informer cover for april, I think. So, yeah... I guess that should be the next Batman. Of course he couldn't reveal what it is, due to the NDA.

Someone I know via a few friends is working for a video game magazine in the Netherlands. He said that Rocksteady was holding a press preview a few weeks back in London, where they showed their next game, which they will announce in march. It is expected to be also on the Game Informer cover for april, I think. So, yeah... I guess that should be the next Batman. Of course he couldn't reveal what it is, due to the NDA.

I heard about that, several media people were invited but none could talk about it for a month. I'm dying to see it.

I heard about that, several media people were invited but none could talk about it for a month. I'm dying to see it.

Yeah, me too Josh. I really hope they change up some of the stealth mechanics a bit. Something along the lines of Splinter Cell Blacklist would be great, just faster and more Batmany. I want them to actually work with shadows and light. Being almost invisible a few feet over the bad guys head on a gargoyle is getting a bit old. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Arkham games, They are some of my favorite games ever, but in origins I was so thrilled about getting to sneak into GCPD headquarters, because I really thought it would be complete stealth. Instead it was like every other predator room... I like that stuff, but I would love to see a few new mechanics implemented as well.

Yeah I remember reading about that Rocksteady press meeting as well... Some are saying it might not be a batman game, but didnt Conroy already spill the beans that he was doing Batman voice work for RS?

Yeah I remember reading about that Rocksteady press meeting as well... Some are saying it might not be a batman game, but didnt Conroy already spill the beans that he was doing Batman voice work for RS?

Yeah, he said he was working on an arkham game for nine months, before Arkham Origins was even announced. Then Origins came out and didn't had Conroy in it and he said something along the lines of "I didn't mean Origins, I meant another Arkham game" in a tweet. That tweet was delayed pretty soon after.

Oh, by the way, a few days ago this photo leaked:

image.jpg

Apparently its from a Gamestop employee, who said they got Batman promo stuff last week. They aren't supposed to talk about it and its supposed to be used for marketing in the store beginning from march 3rd. I dunno if its fake or not, but if its not, we are getting official news on the next game in a matter of days.

Back