Sideshow announces new LOTR polystone at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppet pusher

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up yet, but today (Sunday) at the Comic-Con, at 4:00, Sideshow was one of the companies discussing how they planned to merchandise LOTR in the near future. Sideshow gave a nice presentation of their 3 LOTR lines: the PF's, the 12"ers and the new Legendary Busts line.

Then they also announced that in 2007 they would return to LOTR polystone!

When pressed for additional information on this, they said that they couldn't say more at this time--but they hinted that this wouldn't be continuations of the previous polystone lines. There was also no mention of Weta's involvement.

I'm gonna go cry now...

--Chris

**EDIT** OOPS--- Just saw that ichabod mentioned this in another post and, yes, they DID say that they would also draw from EA's "Battle for Middle Earth" games.

Last edited:
Oh sh$%# really sh"&% i dont know what will i collect polystone, pf, 12, legendary busts, oh my god :monkey2 i dont have enough money

The Dwimmerlaik said:
Oh sh$%# really sh"&% i dont know what will i collect polystone, pf, 12, legendary busts, oh my god :monkey2 i dont have enough money

Aw Crap!!!!! Thats me screwed too. I built up a polystone collection of LOTR. Stopped, begun collecting Star Wars PF and 12", then decided to get the LOTR 12" and now this :monkey4 Has anyone ever sold any of their body organs on eBay?:monkey2

CookieMonster said:
Aw Crap!!!!! Thats me screwed too. I built up a polystone collection of LOTR. Stopped, begun collecting Star Wars PF and 12", then decided to get the LOTR 12" and now this :monkey4 Has anyone ever sold any of their body organs on eBay?:monkey2

I think all these new and awesome realeases from Sideshow is screwing everybody.

I hope Weta is involved still.

I think the new line would be perfect for more
Riders (Arwen, Eomer, Faramir, MoS etc.) and
more Monsters.. cause these can not easily be
done in PF...

Bigger Balrog 3 :chew

Big Battle Troll :chew

Big Fell Beast :chew

Gwaihir with Gandalf :chew

Bigger Mumak :chew

and.. biiiiiiiiig BARAD DUR :chew :chew

I just hope they'll stick to new pieces and not re-do older expensive ones like MR is so good at.

If this is true I will certainly lose any interest in the PF line.

:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5
So exciting i don't know where to begin!!.
Where am i going to get the money from?!!!.
I'm sure i've got some masks, stripey jumpers and bags that say swag in the cupboard somewhere if any fellow hard up board members would like to join me on a nice trip to the bank!.:lol

CookieMonster said:

Its only due to ebay's policy of disallowing the sale of human body parts that has saved my spare kidney.

Alright then Sideshow.. Let me start ordering already:

I'd like a Balrog please. Just a tad bigger then the "original number 1" please.

Second a big old fat grumpy Cave Troll. One with Legolas on top would be nice. Also new battle trolls would be very cool. But ofcourse as big as the cavetroll.

3rd, I guess you woudn't suspect this but I'd like a Witchking in true form please.

..ofcourse with a very high ES. I 'd like to get them dirt cheap form Ebay y'see. :D

On a more serious note (though I would like what I said uphere ;) ). I don't know what to think of this. With the GG busts coming as well, one might assume that the market for LOTR collectilbes is still very large. Assuming they did some research of whatever. That is a nice thing ofcourse. But I do wonder what SS will come up with this time. Perhaps dioramas?

Finally a big nice Mumak of Harad? And I mean a live one with soldiers on top! Not a pathetic dying one. ;)

More ENVIRONMENTS...PLEASE!!!

A new Orthanc, Barad-Dur, BIGGER Minas Morgul, BIGGER Minas Tirith, Rivendell, Bag End, Gates Of Mordor, Grey Havens, Osgiliath Ruins, Rohan...the list goes ON...

If Sideshow are going to be drawing from EA's Battle For Middle Earth games perhaps we might get a chance to see Tom Bombadil, Glorfindel or a proper Treebeard statue!:rotfl

Just what I was thinking Mayor! I'd love a Bombadil statue.
In my opinion, it'll be totally seperate to Weta, as I'm sure Sideshow would love to cash in on all of us who want more poly statues. They're not stupid, they know the demand is there...so we'll have all the characters done by Weta, but I hope they do all the characters....not sure if they'd do creatures or enviros but if they do I hope it's more complete than SSW. (Even though Weta done all the creatures!).
But if Weta's not involved, then they still can't beat that authenticity that the Weta label brings.

Oh my. Just when I thought that my collecting dollars were going to become more manageable. I'm all a-twitter at the prospect of new poly, but I'm also now painfully aware that other things are going to have to hit the chopping block.

But not until I know if/when the new poly line will begin.

However they choose to do it I hope as with the PF and 12" we get the fellowship, Eomer, and Faramir. I'd also love another Balrog, Cave Troll, more Nazgul, Denethor, etc.

This is great news for me, bad news for my bank account. When will it all end?

Indiana Fett said:
More ENVIRONMENTS...PLEASE!!!

A new Orthanc, Barad-Dur, BIGGER Minas Morgul, BIGGER Minas Tirith, Rivendell, Bag End, Gates Of Mordor, Grey Havens, Osgiliath Ruins, Rohan...the list goes ON...
you forgot, bigger argonath.

Back