Statue sideshow aliens diorama or alien warrior statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catley

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys i need help deciding if i should go with the cameron aliens diorama or the newer alien warrior statue. Size is not an issue im just after the one with better paintjob/sculpt. Any opinion from boardies who have both would be greatly appreciated:)

I have them both and I think they are both quality pieces in terms of paint and sculpt. The aliens diorama is a smaller scale representation in the crouching pose with a nice, removeable (it can also be wall mounted) base with the name of the movie on it. These are sometimes available on the secondary market and tend to garner lots of interests/bids. I think they originally sold for about $150. The newer alien warrior statue is a larger scale with a more upright pose and is still in stock at Sideshow for about $100 more than what the diorama originally sold for. Since it is a slightly bigger scale than the diorama, more detail is present.

I think they are both quality pieces in their own right. It just depends on your personal preference as to size, pose, base and how much money you want to spend.

Last I checked the dio was hard to get for a good price. Too many ALIENS fans I think. If you don't mind the pose then the alien warrior statue. It's cheaper and brand new.

I would go with the dio, the chains and the Alien creeping out is classic. If you like the other pose get the maquette, it's just amazing :horror

I have the dio and it's an amasing piece, but the statue is more accurate (feet details).

I had the same thing with the Alien 3 statue or the A3 Dio. Went for the dio because finding one and at a reasonable price isn’t easy. Will probably pick the statue up some point down the road.

Thanks for the comments guys!:) Think i'll go with the dio if i can get my hands on one just cuz i prefer the pose and the base is neat. The olive/green paintjob on the statue kinda puts me off too.

Now the problem is to find one:D

Thanks for the comments guys!:) Think i'll go with the dio if i can get my hands on one just cuz i prefer the pose and the base is neat. The olive/green paintjob on the statue kinda puts me off too.

Now the problem is to find one:D

I don't blame you. I think the new ALIENS statue is my least favorite of all the DIOs and Statues.

Back