Statue Sideshow Alien Warrior bust 1:1 Help me please Is it recast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capulet1984

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi mates

I'm so wondering about how to identify about recast item of Alien Warrior bust 1:1 while i'm considering to spot it out between genuine one and fake one! It's absolutely horrible way

If anybody even have deeply experience or own original one Please make it clearly , cause of i'm interested to buy it on other hand i'm really aware of paying money for recast

quote from this page. I keep trying to observe how is differrence? It's really similar i don't even find the wrong spot.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69265&page=4

below pics from actual pictures from the seller in Japan
toyforest01img600x24213.jpg

toyforest01img600x20913.jpg

toyforest01img600x19013.jpg

Thk.

That one looks good to me, but just to be sure the inner jaw on the recast's is painted black were as it's a very light grey on the originals. Also where the shoulders are cut away, on the recast's it's painted gloss black on the originals it is painted matt black

From those pictures, it looks like a real one. This post from that recast awareness thread is really helpful for spotting fakes (real one is on the left, duplicate is on the right):

Sideshow Alien Warrior 1:1 bust vs. Taiwan recast pre-painted Alien Warrior 1:1 bust.

30776212.jpg

41838269.jpg

18175907.jpg

77777396.jpg

85939772.jpg

ytr001.jpg

ytr003.jpg

Looks legit, but be VERY careful. Some sellers will post pics of the real bust and ship you a recast. Remember, its a recast, so they can make fake boxes and edition numbers too...

To be honest, I would not try for this one, unless you knew you were buying it from a reputable seller. That means with REFERENCES!

Compared to the recast pics.. This piece in question looks legit to me. Good luck with your purchase.

That one looks good to me, but just to be sure the inner jaw on the recast's is painted black were as it's a very light grey on the originals. Also where the shoulders are cut away, on the recast's it's painted gloss black on the originals it is painted matt black

I brought my alien warrior 5 years ago from australia after it sold out..i always wondered if i had the original or a recast..after reading this thread and seeing the pix on how to tell the difference..im glad to say i have a original..my mind is at peace..thanks guys

I brought my alien warrior 5 years ago from australia after it sold out..i always wondered if i had the original or a recast..after reading this thread and seeing the pix on how to tell the difference..im glad to say i have a original..my mind is at peace..thanks guys

Congreat guy! For my view this piece is absolutely amazing at aill time.

i try to compare both it's really similar. the only one spot and i now can touched up is looks at on the warrior's skull if real one is panited by thick white color and paniting of recast is very thin

That's all i can :yess:

Congreat guy! For my view this piece is absolutely amazing at aill time.

i try to compare both it's really similar. the only one spot and i now can touched up is looks at on the warrior's skull if real one is panited by thick white color and paniting of recast is very thin

That's all i can :yess:
I have over dozen lifesize busts...but the alien warrior is my #1 holy grail piece..5 years ago i did everything i can to get him..even spending $300 shipping from australia to the US..spending total of $1500..since then his value skyrocketed..good luck on getting alien warrior bc sideshow have not made a aliens lsb or another lifesize beside the predalien

Looks legit, but be VERY careful. Some sellers will post pics of the real bust and ship you a recast. Remember, its a recast, so they can make fake boxes and edition numbers too...

To be honest, I would not try for this one, unless you knew you were buying it from a reputable seller. That means with REFERENCES!

Dummy, the fakes have no edition number or any printing below the base! screen10.jpg

Do you realize that you replied to a post that was made on 11-08-2011???

And you called him a "dummy"....?

hey dummy 2.0 tell me, Is there a rule on this forum that you can't replied to a outdated post from years ago?? I wasnt replying to you anyway

Last edited:
That isn't even the 1:1 Bust and he said they 'can' make fake boxes and edition number, not that they do.

Dummy! :slap

Because from the way he put it, he is saying even there is edition number/logo printed at the bottom.. there are chances they might still be fake/recast.

so FYI not only the warrior bust, but ALL the recasts does not have any edition numbers or sideshow printing underneath the base. Get it dummy? why are you so butt-hurt about it anyway?

Because from the way he put it, he is saying even there is edition number/logo printed at the bottom.. there are chances they might still be fake/recast.

so FYI not only the warrior bust, but ALL the recasts does not have any edition numbers or sideshow printing underneath the base. Get it dummy? why are you so butt-hurt about it anyway?

images-5.jpeg

Well, there are two kinds of fakes though. Recasts made from a third party like the Alien Warrior bust don't have the SSC print underneath the base, but there have been "fake" SSC statues that came straight out of the Chinese Factory that manufactured the originals, and those do have the SSC print as well as the official boxes. Only a few statues had those original fakes, I think the 1:1 Dracula SSE Bust was one of them.

Back