Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good effort by SS- but a lot of the details on the 'scope are inaccurate and the whole thing is kind of squashed length wise (if you take the profile photos and stretch them till the jockey's arm's look properly long, the whole piece becomes more in scale with the look of the actual set).
For some reason a lot of the piping and detail on the scope end close to the Jockey is thin and shallow on the SS when it should be big and bold- that's another aspect that is throwing off the feeling of proper scale between the two elements.

For the money and size, it looks to be a decent value if you don't put a high priority on accuracy to detail and just want a large general representation.
I'm a little torn as the size is great, and the price do-able- but I really crave more accuracy. The more I study it, the more I see things that are quite a bit off.

It does look a little stubby but I will be ordering one. Wont be putting any money down for a little while but I don’t have a space jockey so making room for this one.

Me too. NRD is **** for the birds. This thing blows the big Palisades one out of the water. Never thought we'd see that one topped.

How many years ago was the palisades one released? How much $$ was it compared to this one. It blows it away in size and freakin price alright. The palisades for me will always be just as special as this one... Maybe more so because of the many years having it. I'll never knock it and I paid about 1/5 of this one. Very happy with it.. The new one looks great too I'll say that

Anybody know if this will be relatively to scale with the NECA Alien figures?

Gotta say after looking at the Palisades and HCG versions, most of my nit picks about the SS start to flake off and blow away. There are aspects to both that I like, especially the HCG one. But the SS for all it's faults looks to in another league altogether.
Now I just have to decide if I want to blow points on it or not.

Interesting to see the delivery date as a range now instead of one month. I just hope it makes it by mid Feb. It's not that a complex piece, nor is the paint job one requiring super fine tolerances. I hope this makes it out closer to December.

Interesting to see the delivery date as a range now instead of one month. I just hope it makes it by mid Feb. It's not that a complex piece, nor is the paint job one requiring super fine tolerances. I hope this makes it out closer to December.
Paint on the proto looks quite complex, when you look close. Makes me worry what will actually be received from the factory.

Back