Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good and the price isn't terrible. I don't know where I could put it though. Plus, after the issues with the Alien busts I don't have a lot of confidence in Sideshow when it comes to this license. I'll have to think about this one.

Don't think there's much the factory can **** up on this one, only the paint application :panic:

One day after reveal and there's a potential Q.C panic... Damn you SS!

It's a beauty, but I have no space for it. If I was ordering I'd wait for in-hand pics, though. I doubt the paint apps will come out that good.

The paint app looks simple at first glance, but there's a real subtle beauty to it. SS have got it very right at least, most other jockeys have just had black slapped on them. Still, should be easier to replicate than human skin tones and eyes etc. I like this, the size may be a problem though, I'll wait until the ES is announced and decide if I realistically have room for it then.

I think the chair might be too short and that's making it look off. Maybe the base is causing it to look that way? Something is just off about it. The arms don't look long enough to me.

I think the chair might be too short and that's making it look off. Maybe the base is causing it to look that way? Something is just off about it. The arms don't look long enough to me.

Well, if you compare these two pics, you're absolutely right. Both the chair and the forearms need to be longer. The base definitely went on a diet, although they probably reduced it's diameter because a large base will significantly limit where the piece can be displayed.

NpCbyHf.jpg

naGmRrE.jpg

Overall, I think this is a beautiful piece! I've been backing off on Sideshow due to all the recent QC issues, but if this comes out close to the prototype, I might bite. I currently have no where to display it and people who don't know the movie will surely think WTF is that when they walk in my house.

Back