Statue Sideshow Alien Queen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7-800usd is an unreal price for a Mqt in Sideshow's modern era price field. This was given the base price reference of the King plus an extra 100 due to the franchise. Should have been a lot cheaper but...long live the King.

Their argument will be the same as their Wolf lsb bust one. PVC n vinyl is more expensive to cast than poly. This has at least 2-3 pvc parts.

Their argument will be the same as their Wolf lsb bust one. PVC n vinyl is more expensive to cast than poly. This has at least 2-3 pvc parts.

Charging us more for something we don't want - priceless (ironically) :)

To be fair - price impact depends how much of this is vinyl. Still haven't got an answer to that but someone was asking Sideshow.

I suspect (but don't know yet) that the price is less due to materials, and MORE due to complexity + those involved + licence + Sideshow's new benchmarks in pricing.

Great sculpt - shame about the silly mistakes (especially the mini-me warriors).

I fail to see how those involved can't just glance at this and see the issue with the micro warriors. I'm sticking with my Cool Props AVP Queen. I think she will make a better display.

I fail to see how those involved can't just glance at this and see the issue with the micro warriors. I'm sticking with my Cool Props AVP Queen. I think she will make a better display.
Yeah I agree but it seems they went on the "baby - teen" warriors route... And only 2 haha. Well I guess they didn't want to bother with them and that's a shame because it shows. Unlike the king where the small aliens were packed in a nice swarm and with cool poses.

That's the real downside of this statue. Also the facehuggers which seem to have been mold with the eggs, they don't look to be a separate entity, just sculpted out of the eggs and painted with a different colors to make them pop out a bit.

Aside from that I really like the queen, except this unbelievable mistake about the tail.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

I’m not “not buying” it because of the micro warriors or because of the price.

I didn’t even need to see or hear about any of the issues to NOT BUY IT.

No matter what.

I’m not buying it because Sideshow. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. . . I’m not “not buying” it because of the micro warriors or because of the price.

No matter what.

I’m not buying it because Sideshow.

LMAO.

Have to admit (as I have before) - the "Sideshow factor" (bit like the X-Factor but EVERYBODY loses) is a major decision-maker for ME as well.

I’m not “not buying” it because of the micro warriors or because of the price.

No matter what.

I’m not buying it because Sideshow. [emoji23]

Just the same old side show with the same old crap coming out! These prices have just gotten out of hand!

Pfff no edition size yet figures considering how much they are charging. It’s all bull in my eyes. Why don’t they sell this for the same price as that King Statue. Why? Because they realised oh the “Queen” people will pay more for it. Yet they **** the tail up and put midget warriors on the base. Too add even more salt they cast the eggs with face hugger as one piece with different colours for separation.

Am I being harsh here?

I’ve been thinking since the price was released and I’ve decided I’m not ordering this...
Don’t get me wrong, to look at it’s a nice piece... but doesn’t drop my jaw.

The price is just insane!
The tail is way off :/ Even though they’ve made a Queen Maquette before!

And to be honest...

These will do!
58131bd458e782b8605fbe3233b1eaec.jpg

I see some people rushing to order this and I'm wondering why. Yhere's no ES yet. I want it, but I won't be ordering until I know how many they're making.

Not to defend them as I entirely believe this should have cost the same as the king but....can the fact that this is entirely someone else's IP have impacted the price? The king was their design so they only really had to license the title "Alien" to launch it under.

It's so weird how there's no memory retention. They don't remember the tail on the pieces they've made previously? Or have access to those old plans to check? Or do they just not care?
Their newer Alien Warrior to me is also emblematic of this mind set with the way too long tail. They seem to be going a more stylized route rather than trying to cause full and complete meticulous realism.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I see some people rushing to order this and I'm wondering why. Yhere's no ES yet. I want it, but I won't be ordering until I know how many they're making.

People do it all time. Same thing with the recent Wovlerine pf that had huge hype.

I’ve been thinking since the price was released and I’ve decided I’m not ordering this...
Don’t get me wrong, to look at it’s a nice piece... but doesn’t drop my jaw.

The price is just insane!
The tail is way off :/ Even though they’ve made a Queen Maquette before!

And to be honest...

These will do!
58131bd458e782b8605fbe3233b1eaec.jpg

I also have the same two, classic SS Alien Queen pieces and will not be ordering the new maquette. I'm not thrilled with the price, the inaccurate tail, some of the materials (pvc) and out-of-scale warriors. Congrats to those who will be pre-ordering.

I also have the same two, classic SS Alien Queen pieces and will not be ordering the new maquette. I'm not thrilled with the price, the inaccurate tail, some of the materials (pvc) and out-of-scale warriors. Congrats to those who will be pre-ordering.
I recently got the 1:4 queen bust and frankly it's grail in my collection. I do want a few other pieces to finish my collection off for the aliens line but this new queen...isn't one of them.
There's just such a difference between SS from yesteryear to today. I just don't know what they're doing.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

The trend of over inflated prices, cheap materials, high ES, and shortcuts in design seems to be catching up with Sideshow.
To be fair, I'm willing to turn a blind eye to one of the above if the others are on point. However, more and more SS is creating what I can only consider "perfect conditions" for me to pass on their products.

the last thing that they made that I bought without question and without seeing final product was the 1/1 aliens bust. I don't think they can do much better than that.

Back