Statue Sideshow Alien Queen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I am still planning to get this as it is hard for me
to pass an official Alien Queen statue (1986 version, not a fan of the AVP Queen design),
I do agree with others about this being way overpriced.

And no matter how "movie accurate" Sideshow says it is,
the 2009 diorama Queen which was less than half the price, and the relatively recent Neca Queen
which was only a small fraction of the price seems to be more "movie accurate" imho.

However, the details of this statue are exquisite.

dont know about others but i'm finding it hard to consider paying these prices for plastic

dont know about others but i'm finding it hard to consider paying these prices for plastic
That's exactly what I thought about iron, steel and aluminum when I bought my 20000$ car... [emoji16]

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Plastic parts shouldn’t really be an issue! If all of it was made of plastic then obviously yes that’s a deal breaker! Thanos has a plastic collar and I’m sure they could have done that in Polystone. But it’s about weight and Flexibility. But yeah it can be a pain when done wrong. That Wolf Predator Bust. Oh dear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those on fence may I remind that the old queen diorama sells for over 2k including any other queen ever released.

$1k is cheap, There’s no question this is a masterpiece and a must have for aliens fans.

King was easy pass.... this is a must have.

While I am still planning to get this as it is hard for me
to pass an official Alien Queen statue (1986 version, not a fan of the AVP Queen design),
I do agree with others about this being way overpriced.

And no matter how "movie accurate" Sideshow says it is,
the 2009 diorama Queen which was less than half the price, and the relatively recent Neca Queen
which was only a small fraction of the price seems to be more "movie accurate" imho.

However, the details of this statue are exquisite.

Neca queen is amazing but that’s just a high end toy, can’t
Be compared to this. This is a detailed intricate statue

The big question here is can it sell out very popular statue.... I’m not taking any chances like thanos I’m ordering this right now. This is too high profile to pass on

There's a big difference here. Thanos had his ES established when he went up for sale, a rare occurrence these days but it happens occasionally when something has an unexpectedly high price tag. This has no ES at all set for it. Any orders placed now will simply lead to a higher ES eventually being applied. I'm surprised people still don't get this as it's been the norm for Sideshow items for several years now. If you really want something, cool, order it as quickly as you like, but there is no immediacy here until an ES is applied to it. I like this, but with so much potentially awesome Alien and Predator collectibles on the way, it makes little sense to commit $1100 to this at this point. And total sense to wait and see what else shows up in the mean time.

And when Prime1 makes a queen.

I’ll buy that one.

Oh I hope they do! But I'm not sure what scales they are allowed to produce under the license that Coolprops owns. They might not have the ability to produce statues of a scale that could produce a manageable Queen. I guess we'll find out sooner or later....

There's a big difference here. Thanos had his ES established when he went up for sale, a rare occurrence these days but it happens occasionally when something has an unexpectedly high price tag. This has no ES at all set for it. Any orders placed now will simply lead to a higher ES eventually being applied. I'm surprised people still don't get this as it's been the norm for Sideshow items for several years now. If you really want something, cool, order it as quickly as you like, but there is no immediacy here until an ES is applied to it. I like this, but with so much potentially awesome Alien and Predator collectibles on the way, it makes little sense to commit $1100 to this at this point. And total sense to wait and see what else shows up in the mean time.

Absolutely.

On the ball as always Matt :hi5:

I want to want this... but I just can't bring myself to purchase it.
The mini warriors, weird tail, and crazy price just doesn't do it for me.
I do like the head, and intricacy of the base though.

However... it doesn't bring it home.
The fact that the "studio that made the movie" was involved means nothing if the piece has such obvious flaws. I mean ... even NECA got it right for 1/11th of the price.

I'll have to keep waiting for P1 to give us a Queen/Ovipositer Eggchamber piece.

Another sensible post
thumb2.gif

Agreed bud!

That's exactly what I thought about iron, steel and aluminum when I bought my 20000$ car... [emoji16]

if you have the wolf LSB you'll know what i'm talking about:(

if you have the wolf LSB you'll know what i'm talking about:(
Yeah I was just trying to be funny, I know what you meant.
I think the queen looks really good but it's a proto and indeed the price is very high. 7-800$ would have been more reasonable.
I'm torn on this one. It's expensive and I'm disappointed by the numbers of warriors, their size and also not a fan of their look... The jaw looks weird right? Isn't the chin a bit funny?

Plastic parts shouldn’t really be an issue! If all of it was made of plastic then obviously yes that’s a deal breaker! Thanos has a plastic collar and I’m sure they could have done that in Polystone. But it’s about weight and Flexibility. But yeah it can be a pain when done wrong. That Wolf Predator Bust. Oh dear!

got the wolf LSB and there was minimal polystone in it and twice the price of previous busts hence the outcry at the time, just think it's going to be same in future, I like the queen but if it was nearly all plastic like wolf then I really think it's pricey, guess it's wait and see

I think the queen looks really good but it's a proto and indeed the price is very high. 7-800$ would have been more reasonable.
I'm torn on this one. It's expensive and I'm disappointed by the numbers of warriors, their size and also not a fan of their look... The jaw looks weird right? Isn't the chin a bit funny?

agree on the number of warriors considering king has several of them, yes the jaw looks weird and as others have said the tail has too many segments, love the base though but out of my reach

Dude, if this was 700$ I would have ordered the crap out of this. Lol.

Maybe you should apply to their marketing department. Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Back