Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the share
thumb2.gif

Maybe it's the photography (although I don't think it is) - but that paint looks like it was applied with a 1" bristle brush . . . REALLY thick - hiding a lot of detail on the sculpture.

It also reminds me of the glaze you get on mugs / cups / plates etc.

I was thinking Sideshow had turned a QC corner on this - but I may have been too hopeful.

What do you guys think?

I think the king looks good, however I wish they painted the aliens around it a little better but overall I am happy to add this to my collection!

Thanks for the share
thumb2.gif

Maybe it's the photography (although I don't think it is) - but that paint looks like it was applied with a 1" bristle brush . . . REALLY thick - hiding a lot of detail on the sculpture.

It also reminds me of the glaze you get on mugs / cups / plates etc.

I was thinking Sideshow had turned a QC corner on this - but I may have been too hopeful.

What do you guys think?

I can see what you mean, but I don't think it hides too much detail. It's hard to say without seeing it in hand though.

I think these pics make it look a bit better. A lot of work went into this I can see the fine details. Yeah it does a little remind me of mug paint. I wish the scale was bigger. Looks like bats wants to crush him with his boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, the yellows and oranges are off-putting. And the scale is very small..those Warriors look like the size of 1/6 dogs next to the 1/6 figure. So it is 1/12 scale?

I feel like calling SS and asking them if I buy one, can they keep the King, and just charge me $500 for the base with the warriors. LOL That would have been a great statue in of itself.

Only thread I didnt mind a bunch of quoted pics with XM Ghost Rider. :D

I would be interested in a Queen.

'Cause you only need one word to sum up how awesome the Alien King is! :)

You said wow my interpretation = Terrible, as in wow those pics are awful, or wow! what were they thinking! Gotta have a laugh sometimes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Among the folks that have the Alien King, if it is possible, can anyone provide pics of the Alien King and SSC Queen diorama next to each other?
Although I still don't like the design of the King, that base is so badass. I really just want the base.

Among the folks that have the Alien King, if it is possible, can anyone provide pics of the Alien King and SSC Queen diorama next to each other?
Although I still don't like the design of the King, that base is so badass. I really just want the base.

It looks like it has only shipped to Asia so far. I don't think anyone here has one in hand yet, the pictures have all been from facebook from Asian collectors pages. Once it ships worldwide then we should see more pics.

IMG_3567[1].jpgIMG_3567[1].jpg
IMG_3568[1].jpg
IMG_3569[1].jpgIMG_3569[1].jpg
I think it looks pretty cool, paint job on the king is good the aliens I did not like so much. I am on the fence about this for the price a bit expensive. So, I will see what to do.

IMG_3572[1].jpgIMG_3573[1].jpg
I have the old palisades queen so this is a size comparison, I actually like this a lot. Their is not much that I do not like. At first, the aliens looked a little bland but just admiring it, I have to say I am impressed!! But I am sure some will argue about meaningless things!

I have to agree, it did come out good!!! I guess the price point was a bit high but it looks good!!!

Back