Sideshow Alien 1:2 Scales....any more?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to edit the footage and then it will take a couple of days to upload to youtube with my crappy Australia internet. [emoji38] I'll post the link when it's finally done.
Yeah you will. *shakes fist in air*

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I'll get there eventually. :lol I was trying some new things out with the video, and ended up shooting some video in 4K as well. If I decide to upload the 4K footage that will probably take me a week, haha! I was trying to do it justice. It did unfortunately get a couple of paint scuffs during shipping, which I'm planning to have touched up professionally. But other than that it's a flawless piece of art.

Wow 4k. What are you filming on to have that?! Lol.

I do my filming on a Canon 70D which does 1080.

Fully commissioned statue, 4k camera....are you hiring? Lol.

Canada is practically Aus. ;)

I really hope we see a legendary scale 1:2 bust of the neomorph. There's actually one in David's workshop in the movie if you look in the background. Does sideshow even have the license for covenant? I hope we get something.

I really hope we see a legendary scale 1:2 bust of the neomorph. There's actually one in David's workshop in the movie if you look in the background. Does sideshow even have the license for covenant? I hope we get something.
I am sure they do.

Wow 4k. What are you filming on to have that?! Lol.

I do my filming on a Canon 70D which does 1080.

Fully commissioned statue, 4k camera....are you hiring? Lol.

Canada is practically Aus. ;)

Lol! I'm using a Panasonic VX-980 camcorder. It's fairly mid-range, but I've found it to be incredible value for money. I also managed to pick it up at a good discount last year because they were bringing in a newer model. It shoot beautiful video, and the "intelligent auto" does a good job at adjusting the settings since I have no idea how to do any of that. I've never used a camcorder before so I have nothing to compare it to though. But I've been very happy with it.

I know Prime 1 made a big announcement about having the Covenant license, but I can't remember Sideshow making one. I just had a look through the newsletters and didn't see it. They might not have finalised it yet, or they aren't planning to go for it since Prime 1 has it already.

Quick question (well, I suppose that accuracy in that depends on your reading speed), who painted your alien bust? I just realized that I have a Facehugger bust called the "Colonist" that's residing with a friend awaiting a coat of paint or two. Additionally, how much did this cost you?

Quick question (well, I suppose that accuracy in that depends on your reading speed), who painted your alien bust? I just realized that I have a Facehugger bust called the "Colonist" that's residing with a friend awaiting a coat of paint or two. Additionally, how much did this cost you?

I'll pm you the details.

Both looked nothing like the proto. Cheap looking and under whelming in person unfortunately.

Here is the video review for my Dog Alien 1/2 scale bust. :)

Wow. Very nice! There is an incredible level of detail in that.

Sorry to hear about the chipping but you're quite right....shipping any distance is a risk and is just seems like postal workers and package handlers take pride in damaging things and there was "nothing" he could have done to ship it to you and have it arrive intact.

Great piece. I'm sooooooo bummed I didn't find out about this piece earlier and had a chance at getting it. I'm totally jealous!!

11/10

Wow. Very nice! There is an incredible level of detail in that.

Sorry to hear about the chipping but you're quite right....shipping any distance is a risk and is just seems like postal workers and package handlers take pride in damaging things and there was "nothing" he could have done to ship it to you and have it arrive intact.

Great piece. I'm sooooooo bummed I didn't find out about this piece earlier and had a chance at getting it. I'm totally jealous!!

11/10

11/10, that totally sums up my feelings on this bust. It far exceeded all my expectations. The paint damage is a bit of a bummer, but then I started imagining if the dome had cracked or come off, or if the jaw had broken or something. Those kind of things would be almost impossible to fix properly. A couple of little paint touch ups is nothing in comparison. It's almost all on one side too, which is great because I can just display it on the other side. So I feel pretty lucky actually. I've decided to get his 1:1 Dog bust as well, after seeing how incredible this one looks. I had no intention of getting it before, but now I can't stop thinking about it. I posted the video on Facebook and the sculptor who made the kit commented on the post. So I asked if he is planning any other 1/2 scale busts and he said he is hoping to do more. So hopefully we'll see half scale Big Chap and Warrior busts as well!

I asked if he is planning any other 1/2 scale busts and he said he is hoping to do more. So hopefully we'll see half scale Big Chap and Warrior busts as well![/QUOTE said:
Oh that's pretty sweet! I'd really like him to do a second wave of this one to be honest. I think he'd get a bit more traction this time now that the original wave had a bit of time to circulate amongst communities like this. It really is a lovely piece (spoken as though it's not a hideous monster). Sideshow needs to grab this guy.

If they did, it wouldn't look like the one chase painted above sadly. As prices from the big companies rise, high end Kits like that with professional paint ups aren't such a bad idea I think.
Oh I'm not disagreeing with any of this. Nothing but unfortunate truths all around. I was only referring to the quality of his sculpt. I know he works digitally but frankly, how you cross the finish line is of no concern to me. The end result was amazing and I'd have loved to have had this piece in my collection.

The paint is another matter entirely. Lol. I've been in contact with Sisko and as a result, the painter to have a Blackheart's Colonist painted up that I've had sitting around for a couple of years. The paint is just head and should above what you'd get from SS or any of the other places. It's a lot of money but....as I'm rationalizing it to myself...why pay for second rate? You may as well just get something you'll have for ever and treasure as unique and awe-inspiring.

Here is the video review for my Dog Alien 1/2 scale bust. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Really pleased to see a quality piece like this in the hands of someone who obviously really appreciates it.

The damage under the rear of the dome looks like it could have been a stress issue? - but NO idea how that line on the other side could have been caused. Any ideas?

Oh I'm not disagreeing with any of this. Nothing but unfortunate truths all around. I was only referring to the quality of his sculpt. I know he works digitally but frankly, how you cross the finish line is of no concern to me. The end result was amazing and I'd have loved to have had this piece in my collection.

The paint is another matter entirely. Lol. I've been in contact with Sisko and as a result, the painter to have a Blackheart's Colonist painted up that I've had sitting around for a couple of years. The paint is just head and should above what you'd get from SS or any of the other places. It's a lot of money but....as I'm rationalizing it to myself...why pay for second rate? You may as well just get something you'll have for ever and treasure as unique and awe-inspiring.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

Thanks for sharing.

Really pleased to see a quality piece like this in the hands of someone who obviously really appreciates it.

The damage under the rear of the dome looks like it could have been a stress issue? - but NO idea how that line on the other side could have been caused. Any ideas?

Thanks! I have absolutely no idea how that damage on the other side happened. I couldn't figure it out from the packaging. I just chalked it up to 'battle damage' :lol

Wow Sisko,,,, Massive Congrats, Awesome piece.
Cheers mate! :hi5:

Back