Sideshow/Adam Hughes Lara Croft Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As usual overreacting and namecalling, it figures, poor angry guy. Time to let it go. :D

Not to trust specs from a website when that's all you're going for when buying a piece you have not seen is dumb. Where else do you look then?

Now expecting the height to be wrong from their specifications just because it happens routinely is silly. The specs are there for a reason.

They corrected this one early b4 anything was forked out, that's all that matters. Mistakes happen.

It was nice of Tim to drop in to add that it was 1/5 scale too. A great looking piece, love the face.

No one expected the height to be wrong but expecting it to be between 1/2-1/4 scale is a bit silly to me. :D

Any ideas why this comiquette is (markedly) more expensive then all previous AH comiquettes?

If prices keep going up that much each new piece ($260 Lara, $220 Elektra, $175 Mystique), I'm going to be priced out of this hobby. These things are cool, but they're not that cool. Silver Surfer is another example of one that I think is priced about $75 too high.

The more I think about it, the more irritated it makes me that SS is upping the price of their stuff, especially since the quality of recent stuff (within the past 1-2 years) doesn't seem to be increasing any more. But I guess as long as it keeps selling out, they're going to keep making as much profit as possible. I just wont buy it directly from SS anymore and maybe pick it up on aftermarket if it comes down in price.

Setting higher price is better than setting lower quality to make more profit maybe IMO.
Since I can have only few from the hundreds of their lists.
And I hope my few will have the quality they deserved.

However, 22" -> 14.5" makes me a little bit down from higher hope :lol

Can somebody tell me about the ex piece..
"A print of the design artwork created by Adam Hughes"

What size a print by Adam Hughes usually is ?

I don't know if its premium quality deserve the 10$+.
Thank you very much :angelsmil
and I love this statue so much. Thanks SS :rotfl

Jimbo do you mean Scarlet Witch, she's Brooks...

True.

Would that affect the pricing ?

It seems pretty logical to me that it is 14.5 H high, since you know...she is sitting down. Fail to those who canceled because of that. You had to know from the start it is probably in the 1/5th scale.

Ok, 14.5 sitting, how big if we were to stand her up ?

She should be in line with the other AH's right ?

I am still on the fence with this one... not sure I will keep her... price is a little steep to be honest.

nope don't think anyone had any scale expectations of this until Tim kindly confirmed it was 1:5. :banana:banana:banana

Uhhh, yea actually I think a lot of people did. Pretty much everyone who collects AH! figured it would be in the 1/5th range.

Sorry if you have been collecting these and been here 2 weeks, you would known this is 1/5, end of story...

:rock:rock:rock:rock

True.

Would that affect the pricing ?

Ok, 14.5 sitting, how big if we were to stand her up ?

She should be in line with the other AH's right ?

I am still on the fence with this one... not sure I will keep her... price is a little steep to be honest.

For example the BQ is 16.5 inch high, so 2 inch difference sounds pretty accurate with her sitting down. Or close enough that they will probably look in scale with each other.

Back