Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too used super glue. Its a fast bond and didn't cause any harm to the armor. When doing my repair, I first cut the elastic and did a lot of work to make it acceptable, but the elastic is just gone and a replacement was the only thing I was going to be happy with. I would have saved a lot of time if I would have just replaced it first.

Last edited:
IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2879.jpg

I too used super glue. Its a fast bond and didn't cause any harm to the armor. When doing my repair, I first cut the elastic and did a lot of work to make it acceptable, but the elastic is just gone and a replacement was the only thing I was going to be happy with. I would have saved a lot of time if I would have just replaced it first.
If the elastic hasn't rotted out and is just stretched you can snip the elastic and just reglue it with fabric glue a bit tighter

Guys, I remember reading about people modding the SSC troopers using the Soldier Story body.
Does anybody have a walk through on what this mod implies? How do you guys get the Sideshow feet/shoes to fit?

Sorry to dig up this old thread, does anyone know where to find the replacement elastic that hold the shoulder pads together? I have on e trooper where the elastic is just drooping. I looked online but can't seem to find anything that thin.

I just cut the elastic down until it was tight again and re-glued it

I tried. The elasticity is all gone.

If the elastic hasn't rotted out and is just stretched you can snip the elastic and just reglue it with fabric glue a bit tighter

I happen to glance over at my Sideshow Stormie and saw that the elasticity from the shoulder bells literally just died. The shoulder bells were just drooping down to the forearms. It's like they gave up and said, "Nope. I'm done holding up those stupid shoulder bells. It's a toy for gods sake!" I could see that the straps were just stretched out to capacity, becoming longer by about 2 inches, and just stayed in that stretched out length.

Very strange since those shoulder bells don't weigh a thing and yet somehow managed to kill all the elasticity out of the straps!

Anyway, I think I'll try what you guys are suggesting and just snip and re-glue them tighter.

This elastic is not too good in time, better if they have used simple fabric or something. On the Stormtrooper I sold I also replaced cut them and reglued - thus not a difficult task.

Jus went in to update my sideshow stormy, only to find that his belt has a slight purple sheen shining through! Uggghhhh, I guess I gotta repaint that! Haha

Back