Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh! And I consider myself a Star Wars fan:duh
funny story: i had a roomate once who hated star wars and hated that i knew all the background characters' names. so one day i was watching a new hope and he walked through the living room and rolled his eyes and said "what's the name of that trooper right there" and i said "TK-421". he thought i was making that up but just then the guy on the film said "TK-421 why are you not at your post".

Well they look pretty good after modification but personally i can't bear to pay that much for something that i then have to work on and worry about damaging.

snc00078resize.jpg

snc00079resize.jpg

snc00080resize.jpg

snc00081resize.jpg

snc00082resize.jpg

snc00083resize.jpg
(Left:Marmit;Right:Sideshow)

snc00075resize.jpg

snc00076resize.jpg

Yet people will pay more for a marmit that cost more to do even more to. :lol

Problem with my Marmit: its an off white - so when you have it next to the SS or medicom versions, it has a yellowish tone to it....

The Marmit Sandtroopers had a plastic that has a very white look to it, that is then covered in 'dirt'

Gotta say that with the chest changes, and the paint corrections, the SS stormie gets an 'A-' when futzed...I'm digging working on it!

If anyone is wondering about slapping a full neck styled head sculpt on it I can tell you it works and looks great.

Maybe not film accurrate, but I like the way the head rest on the shoulders, makes him seem more imposing that way, like he's really armored and built like a linebacker.

I can't way to shoot this guy tonight, I've brainstormed some ideas looking at him all day.

A quick comment:

I like how the cylinder thing connects to the back of the belt. It's almost a "molle" type of metal connection that slips behind the belt. Much sturdier than the way it was done on Clone-Obi's.

For those of you that are not aware, the Cylinder thing on the back of the belts is a grenade. Depending on the source material, it might b a fragmentation grenade, or a thermal detonator. So being able to be removed is a good idea.

For those of you that are not aware, the Cylinder thing on the back of the belts is a grenade. Depending on the source material, it might b a fragmentation grenade, or a thermal detonator. So being able to be removed is a good idea.

It's a shame they never used them in the movies.

It's actually pretty interesting that explosives were never used in battle other than the detonators to take out the Endor bunker. We saw a thermal detonator but never used. I'd think in the soulless warfare the Empire waged, they'd use all sorts of things, why just use blasters, drop a big ass bomb on the Hoth soldiers and take out a whole platoon. Really, the battles in Star Wars are almost like the U.S. civil war, guns and canons.

do you have before and after pics?

I'm assuming you're referring to either ANH Han or Luke, to which I must add, why no pictures?

No. I used the head that comes with the Hot Toys TT body.

No before pics (since those are pretty much all over this thread :lol) but I did take some pics and I'll upload them first chance I get.

Back