Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all those customizing problems sounds like a lot of work!

I'm glad I got a marmit, just took me 3 hours to assemble (the extra 1 hour was for me dis assembling it and replace it with a HT TT, since the marmit body can't even hold the gun in place.)

A friend of mine is selling the exclusive one, still contemplating whether to get it or not, since there's just too many problems with this one. What do you guys think?

I personally like the SS ST, and no it’s not perfect, but still a kick @$$ figure. It took me about 30 min to do all the upgrades. I guess I’m use to customizing my SS stuff. LOL, But truthfully I like to collect and MOD my Star Wars figures gives me something to do and keeps me out of trouble. I can be one annoying son of a @*!&* when I’m bored.

M when i boiled my chest plate it seemed to just curl in naturally after i quickly brought it back to the figure

Same thing happened to mine. I kept mine the boiling water for 30 seconds at a time and it just wouldn't budge, it wasn't getting softer or anything. So after messing with it for a few minutes I gave up and put it back on the figure and realized it had curled in on it's own. Go figure.

all those customizing problems sounds like a lot of work!

I'm glad I got a marmit, just took me 3 hours to assemble (the extra 1 hour was for me dis assembling it and replace it with a HT TT, since the marmit body can't even hold the gun in place.)

A friend of mine is selling the exclusive one, still contemplating whether to get it or not, since there's just too many problems with this one. What do you guys think?

Boiling the chest and velcroing it, is really all you need to do. That's like 15 minutes of work. It took you 3 hours to put the Marmit together and you think fixing the SS Stormtrooper is a lot of work?? :lol

Repainting it is for the really anal people. I mean that in the nicest way possible

Well just got mine: generally happy with them
A quick review...
* In the box looked great
* slight dissapointment when removed, my 10yr old daughter remarked it's like a toy is all floppy. LOL I replied it is a toy, to which she replied it's like a $10 one... ROFL
* much the same remarks as every one else really...
small cod piece (makes the legs to long
the neck is to short (though the helmet sits fine and can be posed when not locked down)
Shine (well I didn't think it would bother me but the dull finish does make it look cheap)
* lastly the finish is no where near as nice as cloneobi
* These unlike any other SSC figure didn't feel the value from the others that I have bought in the past

Day 2.....
These figures are growing on me a bit....
Strangely one figure looks good while the other looks off somehow ....weird

Probally one has better paint then the other?.

I am curious, has anyone swapped out the body with a True Type? wonder if it would work?, though i would still have the loose ankles no matter what..anyone know a good remedy for tightening the ankles?.

Probally one has better paint then the other?.

I am curious, has anyone swapped out the body with a True Type? wonder if it would work?, though i would still have the loose ankles no matter what..anyone know a good remedy for tightening the ankles?.

Try heating them up in water and pulling em apart. Drop some glue on the disk surfaces and let it dry. Then reassemble the ankles. Should make it a tad bit tighter. I also added the velcro in the back of the shin armor to stop it from moving up and slightly spinning. This seemed to help the armor give the ankles more support.

I just recieved mine and I'm wondering if I'm missing the magnet that is supposed to be attached to the holster. It's just a black hole that the magnet on the strap doesn't stick to at all.

Is this normal or can someone point me to a pic someone took of their holster?
Any help would be appreciated!

I just recieved mine and I'm wondering if I'm missing the magnet that is supposed to be attached to the holster. It's just a black hole that the magnet on the strap doesn't stick to at all.

Is this normal or can someone point me to a pic someone took of their holster?
Any help would be appreciated!

From earlier in the thread, I had one that the magnet fell out of the holster and was stuck to the metal stand in the bottom of the tray.

Not too many variations they can do for the Stormtroopers, it's the Clones I dread. There are who knows how many different color combinations on those guys. SSC will probably milk it like Hasbro does.

Oh and thanks for the magnet advice. It wasn't in the box but had come loose from the holster and was attached to the small closure strip magnet. I felt like a dummy for not seeing it in the 1st place.

After spending a little more time with the figure, I agree it is pretty nice but a couple things spoiled some fun other then just having to glue a magnet back in: LOOSE JOINTS! Man, I was really hoping this would be an improvement over the Clone Obi's wonky ankles and arms and Indy's flopping head, but it's not. Sideshow really needs to work on this or I'm afraid I will have to pass on any future clones.

IMO, a truly well done 1/6 figure should at least be able to stand on it's on without a stand. All of my HT figures do it just fine. Even my Hasbro ones do. Oh, and 4 hands but none that can put a finger in the blaster trigger? :confused:

Lastly,my blaster was all messed up from being crammed into that horribly designed blister. Why can Hot Toys pack their many (usually very delicate) accessories in a way that is very easy to remove and repack but SSC can't?

The sight on the gun will not stay straight because it was packed very poorly and I guess warped over time. I don't recall having so much trouble getting the rest of my ST blasters from their many trays so why the step backwards?

I know,SSC has great customer service and would happily replace the gun for example,but why should I have to do that on something I just spent $100 on?
If it keeps happening though, I will just do as more and more collectors are doing and spend the extra money to buy Hot Toys figures. I hate to say it but I've just about cancelled all of my Sideshow orders and replaced them with HT ones anyway. SSC is still making money from those purchases so I guess it's all good.

There are few stromies that can be made :)

Hero ANH
Stunt ANH
Stunt ANH ( Mr no Stripes)
Stunt ESB
Hero ESB ( This one is hard to pick out)
ROTJ

I doubt they would release a figure on those detailed listings. ROTJ is about is other than possible candy colored ones.

Well they already dipped into the EU for the Force Unleashed Commander figure.

I really hope they take the high road and don't make a "shadow" stormtrooper.
Sorry if you like them but personally,as a fan from '77, they're the single most stupid,sellout idea they've ever made into a SW toy.
Black stormtroopers = dumb.:monkey4

Back