Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I woulda considered the deposit if I got that 20% off! I'm still unsure. I'm a StarCraft fan from the Raynor era, but it's the blue marine that gets me. Never got round to upgrading my PC for SC2, coz I got into Hot Toys...

Yeah, I woulda considered the deposit if I got that 20% off! I'm still unsure. I'm a StarCraft fan from the Raynor era, but it's the blue marine that gets me. Never got round to upgrading my PC for SC2, coz I got into Hot Toys...

Same feel about the blue man but I figured it this way, the marine armor is "iconic" enough and the black one looks badass plus I'd rather have Raynor than Tychus... Of course you could always get both hahaha

I agree the blue armor is more iconic but the character Raynor is even more iconic than tychus. Either way I'm getting both figures and having one on each side of Kerrigan.

That grenade doesn't even look like it's capable of injuring a drone let alone zerglings. Just saying 25 dollars more and only one actual weapon and it's not even the weapon he used in the game. Don't care if there's two sculpts as they will be a gamble (like all ss sculpts)
I think he only comes with 2 heads and the grenade.

What I'm curious about is that since this is just a repaint of Raynor with a couple new sculpts and a grenade, is tychus gonna be shipping a lot sooner than later.

How did you find out what tychus costs and what it comes with? Did I miss an official announcement or P.O or something?

Can't believe he's not getting his minigun. Its even in the description on their site: know for his big weapons.. Yeah, okay, so where are they? I wasn't expecting an Odin for him to pilot but jeeze. More money and less stuff for a lesser character... Okay..

Well with the official blog post coming out yesterday for Tychus and preorders starting tomorrow, I am a little less than thrilled to see that it appears that he will come with fewer accessories than Jim does and at $25.00 more than Jim. I'm still holding onto the hope that he will maybe come with something else than what was pictured in the blog post. I'll probably still buy him as I love the character and the games, but I will be disappointed if he doesn't come with anything else. The only reason I can come to for them raising the price is that they are including a second sculpt for the head, while Jim only has one sculpt. I know they talked initially about having two sculpts for Jim, but in any picture I've seen they all appear to be using the same sculpt. As far as the accessories included, as much as I would have loved to see the minigun get included with this figure, I just don't think they ever could have made it properly and still have Tychus able to hold it. That being said, while I do like the flashbang it certainly doesn't make up for the lack of accessories. I would have loved to see them include something like the xel-naga artifact or maybe even the juke box that he uses when he fights Jim in the bar. Hell just something other then a small nod to a not so memorable scene. In the end I'll end up buying this figure, and its because I love the character, and my Jim figure will need a wingman. If I had to speculate as to who they do next, I would guess that they do General Warfield, seeing as they already have a space marine armor sculpt, all they would need to do is sculpt a robot arm for him maybe with an interchangeable hand to go between standard and canon/gun hand. Wherever they choose to go next with these figures and series, I certainly hope they can get some quality Starcraft Collectibles out to the fans that want them most.

Back