Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so this is definitely the mass production version.

A few knit picks...

Face....not as good as the displayed model.

Sniper...still tiny, but as expected.

Visor...as people mentioned above, no hexagon anymore. The skull's design different as well.

Where is the alter head?

Alright...that's been said.

It still looks great overall. I just hope they solved the "break easily" problem.

Now I want to see the mass production version of Tychus.

Relieved to see that the ugly seam, running down the middle of the front of the boots, on the prototype displayed at Shows, appears to have gone. :yess:

I wonder if I have enough reward points for it yet... it was either this (I like the blue better, but then that's also not Raynor) or a speederbike. How many points would it take?

To fully pay Raynor off? Well It's $1 for every 20 points. So you'd need 10,000 reward points just for the figure and that's not including GST or shipping or whatever else. I have $186 worth that I'll be putting towards Raynor but I have 2 items I'm waiting on that I'd like to put towards Raynor but God knows when they'll be shipping.

I'm absolutely getting this figure though.

Looks great! I like him with the gauss rifle.

100181_press05.jpg~original

How did you get a hold of this? I Looked up and down the website and the blog. Nothing! I don't know why they aren't advertising the crap out of this piece.

I thought it was some old article as well as I couldn't find it either but when I did a Google search, it said it had been posted a few days ago. I just dont think it showed up in the blog.

Looks really nice. Too bad the guys working on this one, weren't working on Snake as well.

It's just too bad that "highly anticipated" figures like Snake and Drake got the third string production work while lesser popularity items like this and Captain Rex got such great work. They should all be great.

Looks really nice. Too bad the guys working on this one, weren't working on Snake as well.

It's just too bad that "highly anticipated" figures like Snake and Drake got the third string production work while lesser popularity items like this and Captain Rex got such great work. They should all be great.

Don't think Sideshow made this, they are just distributing it for a different company.

Don't think Sideshow made this, they are just distributing it for a different company.

It's through Sideshow, but not developed in-house

I'm fairly certain that's not correct. Their product page indicates it was developed in-house. When the product is made by another company, they indicate as such. The artist credits are all Sideshow's employees or contractors. And there is verbiage in the product description that it was made by Sideshow Collectibles. When it's a Hot Toys, Star Ace, 3A or some other company, it is indicated as such on the product page.

I know it's hard to believe that SSC made something this ambitious and nicely done. . . but it's true. ;)

Bigshot Toyworks did the ground work for this one.

I'm pretty sure BigShot is the company that develops all their bodies. SSC's people still put work in it. Mestas on the paint, Grove on the sculpt, Ellis on whatever leather work is involved. Not exactly sure how many of those guys are employees vs. contractors, but honestly, it's just semantics.

It's still Sideshow's production. They paid someone to make a prototype body. It's still up to Sideshow to get it produced. This isn't like Star Ace making a figure and Sideshow selling it, which is what the other guys were implying. Sideshow gets the credit for making a bad-ass looking figure.

Back