Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this guy in last week just unpacked him yesterday. He has his issue but overall great figure! Thanks to everyone for the info, help makeup my mind to get this. Sorry for the bad pics it the best I can do.
8c68932996d013356798a6671e2917a4.jpg

70895f3d4865272f6e8e27ed7523a034.jpg

033ce6a019f03b345d8f700c06a7f5a1.jpg

Pic's look good RazorSkull. His faults are not major, mainly futzing his armor, and seem to be something we have to deal with nowadays with figures from both HT and SS. :dunno Also, in the end I don't think HT will ever make him, so he's the best 1/6 version available.

Late on the scene here but..... I was initially intrigued on the engineering of this figure(SSC Jango), specifically how all the leg armor attached. Intrigue turned to frustration when the armor would just fall off with a nudge or less then with one reposition of the foot, the well in the boot that accepts the ball joint cracked. Got a replacement for the foot from SSC. Superglued the plastic bands to his legs then superglued the armor where they plug in. Only Now is this a cool figure. Heads up on the scews in his back that hold the back plate onto his body: if you over tighten the screws the pegs that the screws screw in to, come out or break, Don't worry. Do this. There are actually wells in his back that accept the pegs. Apply glue to the entire peg and plug it back into the well. Let the glue dry well and put his back armor back on and tighten the 2 screws that hold it still. Re-attach the flight pack. Keep the screws in the peg before inserting it in his back to give you something to hold onto and avoid getting glue on your fingers. I wrapped the peg with 2 go arounds of masking tape then glued them in. Now it will be stronger than factory. Back in the day I stayed away from superglue when building my car models as a few years after assembly the glue weakened and parts would fall off but the superglue today doesn't do that. I do use 2 part epoxy when I can and if I can avoid getting all over as it gets stringy as it dries and can get on places where you don't want it. One day I hope to figure out how to post pics on this site. I'm known to be a good poser and photographer by collector friends so I'm looking forward to sharing that with you all, especially my customs. Peace everyone.

If you have photos on your computer it's really easy to post (though sometimes they come out sideways). You just click on the little picture icon (with the tree). I seem to have the best luck uploading one photo at a time.

I just got mine for 150USD and I love it! plus the armor don't fall off xD
I wish it came with the exclusive head thought :(

I've had this figure for quite some time now and hadn't really messed around with it until yesterday. It pretty much became a snowball effect of parts coming off- first the shin armor. In trying to put the shin armor back on, the feet popped off and wouldn't go back on; which caused me to place undue pressure while holding it near the knee joint in an attempt to put the feet back on. Anddddd as a result I broke off something from one of the knee pads (simply need to re-glue it). Long story short, I think this figure is put together HORRIBLY. I definitely appreciate the HT Boba Fett way better now lol.

It is amazing that the same company that produced something as intricate and details as the Probe Droid made the Jango marvel afterwards. The Probe Droid has all these moving eyes and stuff that didn't even need to be made but they did and then Jango... should be simple but well.... I have no explanation. It feels like a number of their team departed somewhere after Probe Droid and Grievous era of design.

I've had this figure for quite some time now and hadn't really messed around with it until yesterday. It pretty much became a snowball effect of parts coming off- first the shin armor. In trying to put the shin armor back on, the feet popped off and wouldn't go back on; which caused me to place undue pressure while holding it near the knee joint in an attempt to put the feet back on. Anddddd as a result I broke off something from one of the knee pads (simply need to re-glue it). Long story short, I think this figure is put together HORRIBLY. I definitely appreciate the HT Boba Fett way better now lol.

The Boba outfit is more complex and detailed than the Jango outfit too.

As I'm finishing up my Marmit ROTJ Fett custom conversion, it makes me really appreciate what a great job HT did on their Fett in terms of posability. It's an outfit that is so layered and complex and naturally inhibits posing, yet their figure poses very well while being authentic.

i just received mine yesterday.. finally got to open it and the two boots were loose in the package... and i cant put them back as they wont stay.. i believe the part that attaches to the joint balls are cracked. :dunno

contacting sideshow to see whats up.. i HATE mailing stuff back.

So I went to see the original SW costumes at the exhibition in New York the other day and decided I had to get Jango... Even if I also decided long ago that I was done with sideshow. Especially with the price range that they are taking now.... And this one is no doubt too expensive.
But, I went ahead and got it anyways - even knowing about the issues.
My first impression is pretty good though. I do understand some of the complains - especially the qs problems - but I also think in some ways he looks better than I thought he would after reading comments. I like the metallic armor weathering more than expected and much more than the old Boba. The leather details are really good!
I have no problems with the scale of the hands (better than HT Boba), guns (maybe a tiny bit too small not to make the holsters too big, but the Hasbros guns are too big) and helmet - though the helmet flares a bit more than it should and looks more like ESB Boba (guess we know why).
I am considering using a longer neck and move the top armor piece up though. Rest of the armor is spaced well on mine. I also think the paint job on the backpacks aren't anywhere near as good.
I've read a lot of complaints about the purple jumpsuit, but apart from a total lack of weathering or wash it's actually not far from the original costume. See this picture of the original and compare the jumpsuit to the blue helmet. As you can see the suit seems purple (and as the helmet is still very blue it's not due to my picture). So though the color grating of the movie makes it seem more gray/bluish the purple jumpsuit actually looks much like the color of the original costume.

4b0209694a20e25c20917c9dad624fa0.jpg

79106d1c94ac1ead3bdb1d8eb9672266.jpg

Last edited:
Back