Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all have 13 days.... tick, tick, tick....

Like the rest of you, I would like to see pictures of what we're getting before I purchase. Seems fair, right? Otherwise I get stuck with shipping both ways.

If no pictures, I'm canceling. Be easy to reorder should this be crazy good. I imagine many cancelations because of all the HT stuff coming that is significantly more important to more people.

I would like pics to. Seems crazy to go one whole year without anything from this.... Not a teaser, not an update for the helmet, just nothing....

Have there been any new pics go up? Interested to see if we get anything different than the prototype.

I will cancel the ex if i don't see some pics before release. Not holding my breath. Shame i was looking forward to this and used a coupon but but not going to drop $300 without seeing it first.

Canceled my waitlist conversion before I was charged the NRD. It converted pretty fast, so I figured if it turns out good I'll just jump on the waitlist asap.

Just got done chatting with Sideshow for the $20.56 shipping charges.

Here is the conversation...

Me
Why is there a $2.07 increase in shipping charges. Shipping for the 1/6th Scout Trooper was $18.63, one month later, the invoice for the 1/6th Jango Fett is $20.56. I would like to know why there is a increase in shipping and why other stores can ship the same figures for $10.09 using the same carrier as Sideshow does. Also would like to know why the $10 flat rate shipping only applies towards Hot Toys release and not Sideshow. I feel like I am being ripped off.

Chat started
Please wait for an agent. There are currently 4 visitor(s) waiting to be served.
Tesa joined the chat

Tesa
Hello

The shipping quotes we receive are directly from UPS or Fedex, these are the rates they give is with the dimensions we provide for each item.
the Flat rate shipping of $10 is a discount we will offer on select items
the true shipping for these is usually about $20 plus dollars but we will occasionally discount them
its true, it will mostly be on Hot Toys figures and not our own
for that, I cannot give an explanation as i was not given one

Me
So, UPS raised the rates $2.07 in a three week span on the exact same sized item? Or is it Sideshow trying to profit off the shipping? Not to mention, other online retailers charge half the price for shipping. What is keeping me from canceling all my orders from Sideshow and save myself $10 per figure?

Tesa
these 2 items are different, so they most likely have different box dimensions.
We provide that information to UPS and then they give us a quote
we have no reason to profit off of a shipping charge
we often discount our shipping from UPS actually gives us

Me
The two items are the same height figure and as with most SSC Star Wars releases, the box dimensions are usually the same sized. Under your own website, the weight is the same, 2 pounds. For the Scout Trooper, the cheaper shipped figure, dimension weight was 9 pounds, for the Jango Fett, dimensional weight is three pounds. So, I ask again, how can Jango Fett be $2.07 more to ship than the Scout?

Tesa
I'm very sorry, but I dont have that answer. This is the information that UPS has given us for shipping the item
I will be mor than happy to discount your Jango Fett order this $2 difference
but unfortunately i dont have access to see why UPS ups their rates at any given time

Well, if you really care, you can get $2 back on your order like I did. Otherwise no real answer as to why the shipping increased.

Well she did give you an answer, you'll only be able to tell for sure if the box size and weight are identical to the Scout when Jango arrives. That extra Jango head might be made of unobtanium, which I think is quite dense and heavy.

Too much work for two bucks.

But yea, their shipping is about 6-8 overcharged.

Though Jango comes with a lot more stuff than Scout. So I would think his box is larger and heavier.

Well she did give you an answer, you'll only be able to tell for sure if the box size and weight are identical to the Scout when Jango arrives. That extra Jango head might be made of unobtanium, which I think is quite dense and heavy.

On SSC site these figures are each listed at 2 pounds. Dimensional weight for Scout is 9 pounds, Jango it is 3 pounds. Wouldn't it be more to ship the Scout... or at the very least the same amount?

I don't think the weight numbers are very accurate on their site. Hoth Luke regular is listed as 9lbs but Han Ex is listed at 5 lbs? They both have one extra head, same style stand, same size box, etc.

Jango regular is 9 lbs, but Jango exclusive is 3 lbs? I think it's pretty clear these numbers are hog wash and we (nor they) shouldn't base the shipping prices on them.

The regular scout was always listed higher shipping wise than the exclusive (figure that one out), and the totals match for me between Jango regular and Scout regular. Some of these issues may simply come down to errors in their system.

Though Jango comes with a lot more stuff than Scout. So I would think his box is larger and heavier.

I agree, not worth $2 for the time I spent. I was just looking for an answer, did not expect a discount, nice I got one I guess.

I don't think the weight numbers are very accurate on their site. Hoth Luke regular is listed as 7lbs but Han Ex is listed at 4 lbs? They both have one extra head, same style stand, same size box, etc.

Jango regular is 9 lbs, but Jango exclusive is 3 lbs? I think it's pretty clear these numbers are hog wash and we (nor they) shouldn't base the shipping prices on them.

The regular scout was always listed higher shipping wise than the exclusive (figure that one out), and the totals match for me between Jango regular and Scout regular. Some of these issues may simply come down to errors in their system.

1st Bold - :lol Very odd indeed. As mentioned before, both figures I have are the exclusives and the Scout was $2 less. They do not match for me. Even if they did match, I think I would still question why the charges are so high. I know each retailer works out deals with UPS, FedEx, etc.... but does BBTS really move that much more merchandise than Sideshow to justify the $5.75 option (BBTS) to SSC ($18.63) for the Scout?

2nd Bold - This could be an issue.... an issue that should be fixed. $2 is really nothing compared to the prices we are paying, but I guess it just comes to principle of not wanting to getting ripped off on shipping. I have had enough of that on eBay.

Word... and I'd assume that it is a larger box. But even so I'm not getting wadded up over $2 :lol

Word... and I'd assume that it is a larger box. But even so I'm not getting wadded up over $2 :lol

Well.... you should. Last year I ordered the 1/6th Vader and 1/6th Yoda.... it was $20 total for both, not each, both.

Now it is $20 for just one figure, it is not the $2, its what it has led to.... and what it eventually will lead to.

Tesa

we have no reason to profit off of a shipping charge

riiiiight. they've been doing exactly this for years. i love how an operator who purports to know nothing of why they charge what they do, can sit there and make a claim as if she knows that the decision makers have deemed there is no money to be made by inflating the shipping charges. its a practice that users on eBay have been doing for years. imagine those dollars on a large volume of transactions.....its like the Superman III scam. over time they stand to make thousands.

i can personally go to a UPS store, which jacks up the prices so the stores can also profit, and send a box for about the same cost. a company who does high volume like SS always gets a reduced rate. always. i personally believe they are lying about this.

You are all worried about $2 and i just want to see the figure.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Back