Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a few moments to whip out the DSLR... same local but with no flash, ambient room lighting. It gives a better perspective on the color of his suit and the resolution is better but I resized these down from 5K files.

IMG_6423.jpg
IMG_6424.jpg
IMG_6726.jpg
IMG_6727.jpg
IMG_6731.jpg
IMG_6732.jpg
IMG_6733.jpg

Can't wait to have this.

My card has been charged but no email from Sideshow about shipment being processed.

Anyone experienced this before... :confused:

Bought myself a deluxe clone to go with Jango. Thursday can't come soon enough.

That'll look cool. I might lose my Official PT Hater's Card for this, but I prefer Jango Fett's design to Boba Fett, and remember thinking it was badass when he head-butted Obi Wan during their squabble. Much like Maul (and Fett for that matter) his death was lame.

Don't get me wrong, the speed of his dispatch was realistic, it was the idea of him charging Mace with no strategy that bugged me.

To the Jango experts...how accurate is that helmet and armour??

That'll look cool. I might lose my Official PT Hater's Card for this, but I prefer Jango Fett's design to Boba Fett, and remember thinking it was badass when he head-butted Obi Wan during their squabble. Much like Maul (and Fett for that matter) his death was lame.
I agree that the look of Jango is pretty cool but I think Boba looks better personally. I like the color of his armore more and the weathered look it has. Overall I'd say the prequels did have cool looking villains if nothing else. Maul, Jango, and Greivous are all pretty badass.

I agree that the look of Jango is pretty cool but I think Boba looks better personally. I like the color of his armore more and the weathered look it has. Overall I'd say the prequels did have cool looking villains if nothing else. Maul, Jango, and Greivous are all pretty badass.

Yeah, the villains are pretty cool looking in the PT. My biggest complaint about the Star Wars series of movies as a whole is that some of the coolest villains barely got any screen time or lines. Maul, Jango, and Boba come to mind. i realize they weren't the main focus of the movie, and Lucas had no idea Boba Fett would be as popular as he was. It just bugs me that my favorite characters all died in lame ways and I don't get to see enough of them in the movies.

As for this figure, I like it. I kind of want to buy it, but at the same time I don't. I'm fine with just having Boba Fett. With all of my preorders for OT stuff from Hot Toys, I'm not really sure I can afford Jango Fett anyway. Of course I could try to sell more figures, but I'm kind of down to the ones I like the most and I have a hard time thinking about parting with them. I also really want to get an OT Snowtrooper by Sideshow and I definitely can't afford Jango Fett and a Snowtrooper.

I'm still waiting on Han and Chewie... yet I know I placed my order before others that have already received theirs. But this time I'm on the front end of Jango and I didn't place my order until I could use a $20 off coupon on him :lol

I had a few moments to whip out the DSLR... same local but with no flash, ambient room lighting. It gives a better perspective on the color of his suit and the resolution is better but I resized these down from 5K files.

View attachment 213663

Travis, how does he compare in quality next to the older Sideshow Boba Fett, did you take any pictures of them side by side?

Travis, how does he compare in quality next to the older Sideshow Boba Fett, did you take any pictures of them side by side?

That is the Sideshow Boba Fett standing on the ground next to him in my pictures. As I said in my initial review a few pages back, the backpack I have him wearing is a repainted Boba with removable missile. The chest armor is nearly identical other than color and a few plates sized slightly different. His jump suit is unusual in that there are cutouts for where the leg armor inserts into a weird rubbery under suit of some sort. They come off when posing but pop back on easily.

The helmet is nearly identical minus dent and there was a bit of raised detail where the range finder connects on Boba that is absent. The paint job looks good though. They did a good job on the leather goods. The flying stand that converts to standing is nice.

Overall, they did not make any leaps and bounds over Boba's design and certain thing seem to be lifted right from him with repaints but that is sort of to be expected I guess. You get a lot more stuff with Jango and I really like his pistols as well. I am happy with him. See my more detailed review for a lot more pictures and also a few things I was not happy about (backpack connection points, etc).

His jump suit is unusual in that there are cutouts for where the leg armor inserts into a weird rubbery under suit of some sort. They come off when posing but pop back on easily.

It's actually not a rubber undersuit, but rubber "bands" (not actually rubber bands, but for lack of a better word.) that have a nub on them to attach the shin armor. Not very secure, but far better than the knees.

Mine actually has some poor quality control. Only one of the Jetpack "bursts" fits and neither of the gun flares due to the pegs having excess flashing. Portrait neck also has paint rubbing off where is has touched the plastic body. Very dissapointed in the quality of the figure. Charging Hot Toys prices, yet nowhere near the quality.

SS Jango is a nice figure. Better than Boba. It's still on the pro....but no more rubber or clicking knees. They also went with a ball joint ankle, but is larger than HT style. So no easy body swapping. The belt, pouches and holsters are well done. Sculpt and paint on the head are nice. The weathering of the armor is well done. Wish the gauntlet hoses were a little longer, they pop out from the suit easy. The hand pegs could also fit more snug. He has a padded undersuit that I removed. It makes the shoulder movement stiff. Also watch the little grapple hook on the right gauntlet, already lost mine to the carpet monster. :lol

Like the rest of 1/6 offering now, by everyone, he's overpriced. $175-80 would be fair. But he definitely looks great. Can't wait to put him on the shelf with the rest of the my collection.

jango_fett_04.jpg

jango_fett_01.jpg

jango_fett_02.jpg

jango_fett_03.jpg

jango_fett_08.jpg

jango_fett_05.jpg

jango_fett_06.jpg

jango_fett_07.jpg

jango_fett_09.jpg

jango_fett_10.jpg

Back