Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always felt that way about the Tauntaun, TonTon. ;)

In the case of the Tauntaun, one head would have been better. That seem was pretty unsightly, though I think for each there was an angle where it blended in pretty well.

That may well be the case but even if you pick a configuration and that just leave it permanently in "statue mode" it's still cool that your Jabba doesn't have to look exactly like everyone else's don't you think?

Yes definitely, agreed, but see above. Depends on how much the swappable parts stand out and kills some of the realism.

I agree TonTon, switch out options can kill a piece with permanent seams that stick out like a sore thumb. From the SSC Live video that doesn't appear to be the case with Jabba IMO.

I forgot to mention, shipping was quoted at 36.00 when I ordered this morning. Much better than I was expecting. Also doesn't explain why they have to charge 20.00 for the standard 1/6 figure.

Waiting for the EU people to weigh in with the "my shipping is $130 and import duties of $230.":horror The old Jabba had a ridiculously massive box - sounds like the new one is similar.

Sideshow invoice has Jabba shipping next Wednesday. So it might be one more week until the Hutt arrives for me.

So missed all these updates today, and just caught up. After watching the Sideshow Video, this is basically a 1/6 scale statue with swap out parts. This reminds me of being more in line with the Taun Taun & Dewback SS did. Statues for your 1/6 figures.

There is actually no articulating anything. Not even on the little guy Salacious Crumb. To me, nothing here is an action figure. Even the materials, fiberglass & resin, shout statue. You should at least be able to move his arms up and down like on the original. Same with Salacious Crumb. While it does look great, not sure I'd rather have this over the original. And I also prefer the curled tail of the original than this new one hanging of the throne. I'm glad I PO'd and got him way back when complete at retail price (Jabba, Throne, Salacious & Bubo set). Although they are all still boxed up as I've never had the room or rather a place big enough to fit him and set him all up. But one day, hopefully sooner than later.

Congrats to those that are getting this. The final product turned out nice. Looking forward to seeing comparisons with the original, and hoping I still feel satisfied with what I have. I'll hold out hope of Hot Toys making a Jabba (sold alone as I'd also be more tempted to pick this up if SS sold Jabba separately as well) that I can buy and place on my original SS throne.

Well I finally got a chance to watch that video, and I'll have to say Jabba looks amazing! We're sure that this was a production piece? I might have missed them saying that. The only real issue I see is that some of the parts like the eyes do seem to have a bit too much of a seam, but I don't think it would be noticeable at a normal viewing distance.

So missed all these updates today, and just caught up. After watching the Sideshow Video, this is basically a 1/6 scale statue with swap out parts. This reminds me of being more in line with the Taun Taun & Dewback SS did. Statues for your 1/6 figures.

There is actually no articulating anything. Not even on the little guy Salacious Crumb. To me, nothing here is an action figure. Even the materials, fiberglass & resin, shout statue. You should at least be able to move his arms up and down like on the original. Same with Salacious Crumb.

Yeah it really is a statue, although personally I am totally fine with that. They are using the swap-out parts to make it "posable," and I think for a character like Jabba at least that makes a lot of sense. There have been a lot of attempts to make Jabba action figures semi-articulated in the past, and I don't think any of them were particularly successful. And it's way, way better than the original Sideshow Jabba, who had two points of articulation, but basically only had one pose that looked decent.

Looks great but don't have the money and space for this! Would love to some day; maybe in another 10 years.

Back