Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes look a little dead to me. Not glisteny enough. I'd say the 2x sleepy eyes are useless (who wants sleeping Jabba) as are the 2x "wide" eyes (who wants just-woke-up Jabba) -- but I like the one eye open, one eye lazy look.

The overall scale looks much better than the old 2007 Jabba.

Did they say what's it made out of?

Jabba himself is made of Fiberglass and resins. The Throne is Fiberglass and resin, with a few minor plastic and metal elements. The Smoking chamber, frogs and Salacious are the only fully plastics parts.

The eyes look a little dead to me. Not glisteny enough. I'd say the 2x sleepy eyes are useless (who wants sleeping Jabba) as are the 2x "wide" eyes (who wants just-woke-up Jabba) -- but I like the one eye open, one eye lazy look.

The overall scale looks much better than the old 2007 Jabba.

Yeah I agree, I’ll probably put a glaze over the eyes on mine.

This came out pretty good. I’ll try to keep holding out for a HT version, which will hopefully be easy since shelf space has dwindled tonalmost nothing in 2018.

Looks awesome, but dat price....too rich for my blood. sadly

It does look pretty good overall. I have a couple quibbles with the look but the biggest problem is the price. If it came with Bib too the price would be fine but he isn't included. I might consider it down the line with a 15% off eBay coupon if given the opportunity.

When I look at the cost of this, and then I look at the cost of the emperor's 1/6 light up throne coming out to be less than $100 it just doesn't sit right.

I wish they sold Jabba without that throne like they did with the old one. But I guess he'd still be $400, and that's still too much.

And therin lies the rub....it's just too much. Won't be surprised if part of this big cost is to cover a small edition run for this. Yes, could've made more cheaper but think of the warehouse space eaten up with 5000 of them if they don't sell quick. Better to make a small number and charge more...

Just a thought. ..

And therin lies the rub....it's just too much. Won't be surprised if part of this big cost is to cover a small edition run for this. Yes, could've made more cheaper but think of the warehouse space eaten up with 5000 of them if they don't sell quick. Better to make a small number and charge more...

Just a thought. ..

I'm sure you're right. There will be very few of these made. Very few.

If I had the space and money it’d be sweet to have a Jabba. Hard to say how it looks up close when you can see where the Mr. Potato Head pieces fit in, but looks pretty damn good in that video.

Changing out the pieces (keeping them from getting damaged, but not in the box where’d they’d be work to dig out) seems like it’ll be a pain, probably set it up and be done with it, despite all their efforts.

Last edited:
Maybe that’s how it should be done.

Low numbers and only the people that really wanted one got one.

Something that big.

Kinda what a collectible should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that’s how it should be done.

Low numbers and only the people that really wanted one got one.

Something that big.

Kinda what a collectible should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot the "and able to afford $800 plus shipping" part.:monkey3:lol

Interested to see what the shipping bill for this is - both domestic and international. It has a listed dimensional weight of 62 lbs and 102 lbs for those respectively.

Just a thought. ..

Less (or no) swap-out pieces, less cushions and just re-releasing the old Salacious Crumb set instead of including a (less accurate) new one might have landed this closer to $599 - a much more user-friendly pricepoint which would have sold a lot more.

I went ahead and had them process my payment for this early, since I want to have as much time as possible to work on a video review, and estimated shipping for me to the midwest was about $50.

Back