Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jabba in Solo should look like something between Phantom Menace and A New Hope as that’s the timeline where Solo lands.

Just to clarify, Solo takes place during the year 10 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin). The events transpire between Revenge of the Sith and Rogue 1. 👍

My point was, it's not as though the Jabba in Solo could look dramatically different from anything we've seen, Phantom Menace was the youngest look we've gotten, so while the model in Solo may not look just the Phantom Menace or A New Hope versions, it would look like something between the two. I hope his colors are handled better than the A New Hope version.

If money and space were no object, I'd be very tempted to get this for the fun of the variety of options offered, because I'm a big Jabba fan, but given that I already have a 1/6 Jabba and throne, so this one would be extra for fun, and $800 is too much to spend for that reason. I do enjoy discussing the piece however, as it's fun to talk about products of characters I really enjoy.

Just keep telling yourselves that this guy doesn’t look good to save you guys the $ ...lol! ...he look pretty amazing. For the price though... not many toys are worth $800 [emoji51]

Don't be fooled thinking this looks nice guys, c'mon this is sideshow were talking. The paint apps will look cheap. A waste of time. They can't even paint well on small figures hs, much less a 1/6 jabba.

It's only the cost of three regular HT figures.

But a lot more fun!

He's a centrepiece, and hopefully this is the opening shot for more Jabba's palace denizens to be made.

Just keep telling yourselves that this guy doesn’t look good to save you guys the $ ...lol! ...he look pretty amazing. For the price though... not many toys are worth $800 [emoji51]

No one is (or at least I’m not) sayin he don’t look good to save money. As I stated earlier, I will preorder the HotToys version (which will DEF be made) when that becomes available. People here are being honest and expressing their opinions based on what they’re observing in the photos.

“Not many toys are worth $800”
That’s the problem, he’s not worth $800...

No one is (or at least I’m not) sayin he don’t look good to save money. As I stated earlier, I will preorder the HotToys version (which will DEF be made) when that becomes available. People here are being honest and expressing their opinions based on what they’re observing in the photos.

“Not many toys are worth $800”
That’s the problem, he’s not worth $800...

Oh, so serious. The comment wasn’t intended for you. There are in fact people saying that he looks bad and focusing a lot on for instance the seams instead of all the good he contains. Not complaining, just saying. Overall he looks great I think - but $800 is a lot.

Don't be fooled thinking this looks nice guys, c'mon this is sideshow were talking. The paint apps will look cheap. A waste of time. They can't even paint well on small figures hs, much less a 1/6 jabba.
Therein lies the real problem. Sideshow QC. But they're creature/monster stuff is usually better then what a human should be.

If Sideshow hadn't already released a Jabba figure, I think the tone of conversation might be different, but they have, so there's going to be comparison all around to the previous release.

He looks like Tom Cruise....

If I thought it would look anything like the proto I might get one....

But we all know SSC will fail to produce and it will have QC issues galore...

And they will say just send it back if you don’t like it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Sideshow hadn't already released a Jabba figure, I think the tone of conversation might be different, but they have, so there's going to be comparison all around to the previous release.

As someone who has the first release of both Jabba and the throne, this was an easy pass for me. Not because I don't like how it looks because I think it looks great. It's simply that what I already have is good enough for me. I will say that the seams on the mouth would bother me a bit, but it's a decent trade off for the display options it provides. $800 is pricey but not surprising given today's 1/6 baselines. As far as the Sideshow bashing goes, everything I've gotten from them recently has been really good (Fett and Rey PFs, Dengar and Zuckass 1/6). I think they'll do this new Jabba justice, personally.

The edited version of the live video, focussing on Jabba:

Seeing this next to someone really shows how big it is. There are things I don't like about it but overall, it looks fantastic.

I'm not going to pre order because I don't want to commit to it so early in the game, but I am going to start saving money for it. I imagine it will be delayed a couple times so I don't expect it until next year. Once I see a review, I'll order it.

It looks better in the video than in the video than the pictures but I think the mouth seems look really off in the pictures. No way of knowing how bad it will look in production until its released. Still sticking with my original.

I got this twice the first time around, and sold it twice.

I was tempted to get this a third time till I remembered that. :lol

This is surprising!

I have no interest in it, but I thought it looked really good! I think the swappable eyes and mouth was a good idea. However, once I started looking closer, seeing the comparison pics people have posted and the closeup, I see how off it is. I didn't think the seams looked that bad until I saw the closeup! But maybe in normal viewing distance in real life it might not be so bad. The likeness is definitely wrong, though. And yeah, I'm not even going to mention the price.

Good luck to those that are going to buy! I'll be really curious to see how this sells.

Back