Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Man..I remember my set up. I have to admit..I was rather fond of it. :thud:
Sadly, I had to sell my collection to pay my attorney to fight for custody of my daughter. No joke, I had one hell of a collection of SS SW figures.

I'm sorry you went through that man. Totally sucks. Hope it worked out for you.

I ran this by my girlfriend and she freaked out so i dont think this is a good idea for me. Itll be pretty hard to explain " oh dear I've had that old toy for years..." in this case.

I wonder if sideshow is going to clarify what material the throne is made of or just "surprise" folks when they ship it?

Looks ok, but it has swap out parts as opposed to any real articulation. If HT did one, it would most likely have PERS. I think i'll pass and pick up one of the original releases that will inevitably be put up on ebay for cheap.

I really do love this piece. Just not for $800. Would have gladly done $400. Maybe even $500.

No thanks, but congrats to everyone that is going to get this.

Yeah if a nice Bib or a Gamorrean Guard were part of the set that would have helped account for the $300 or so here that seems lost in translation.

Somehow I was actually kind of shocked to see Sideshow re-issuing the old stuff... guess I shouldn't be surprised though. New set looks cool. I'll keep my old one. New Jabba looks like he's wearing a sweater or something to me with all of the gray around this shoulders.

I don't know if anyone posted or saw pics of the originally released jabba but the paint job in the proto photos show the darker green and even red highlights over the skin as well as the throne with more sludge, calcium, grime etc.. dripping and staining the throne slab, but when released we got an amazing accurate likeness with quick and rushed paint job, to be honest I really do like the original sculpt much better especially with the bent tail, it just gives jabba a more JABBA presence.

But again the proto images show a more accurate paint job originally: https://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/sideshow/jabba/12ssJabba004.jpg

and again i like the likeness better on the original where the new throne all thou just slightly revised is better quality with the softgoods and more attention to detail, but i notice the more they make the "lazier" the paint job gets. any thoughts or opinions ?

i pre ordered and I am just keeping the throne and using my old jabba with some slight re paint and accentuated paint areas. So anyone interested in just the jabba feel free to PM me and ill be happy to sell or trade. I like it it just doesn't wow me and for some reason not really sure why i just really preffer the curled end of his "tail" if you will. Not straight out hanging over the throne like that

it does i agree but it was much better presented then what was recieved, we received a two tone green, lime, light green color, were this one has the darker hints of greens even blues and reds in the proto

it does i agree but it was much better presented then what was recieved, we received a two tone green, lime, light green color, were this one has the darker hints of greens even blues and reds in the proto

Yeah, its a good thing we all had bad taste back then or everyone would have sent it back.

I showed the preorder to my wife and she literally said "when is it going to end?" "They just keep putting them out."
well um..yeah..kinda what we want.....lol

Take it... take it all...

money.jpg

Back