Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine finally shipped, it will be here on the 12th. Very excited, but still not sure where I’m going to put it!

I have some pretty ambitious plans for this thing that required moving some stuff around. Luckily I have a fairly large Man-Cave; but the “floor plans” I drew up for a diorama to be able to add extras (like the Han Solo in Carbonite Environment and the Gentle Giant Max Rebo Band 1/6 scale statue), put the dimensions at 91.5” wide x 33” deep x 24” tall. I was trying to get the dimensions of the steps to either side of his dais as close as possible to scale — and I still had to make reductions.

I have some pretty ambitious plans for this thing that required moving some stuff around. Luckily I have a fairly large Man-Cave; but the “floor plans” I drew up for a diorama to be able to add extras (like the Han Solo in Carbonite Environment and the Gentle Giant Max Rebo Band 1/6 scale statue), put the dimensions at 91.5” wide x 33” deep x 24” tall. I was trying to get the dimensions of the steps to either side of his dais as close as possible to scale — and I still had to make reductions.

FYI the Rebo band statue is more like 1/7, maybe a smidge smaller - it's definitely not 1/6. Even though it is a really gorgeously detailed statue.

I have an unfinished basement that will eventually have a home theater and display room, but that is a little ways down the road. I was thinking of doing something similar with my Jabba, it’s hard to find display cases that are big enough. I may look for a used retail display case.

FYI the Rebo band statue is more like 1/7, maybe a smidge smaller - it's definitely not 1/6. Even though it is a really gorgeously detailed statue.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was under-scaled a bit when I saw the measurements, but I can’t see Sideshow doing them any time soon. It’s unfortunate it won’t be more accurate, but hopefully it’ll work.

I have an unfinished basement that will eventually have a home theater and display room, but that is a little ways down the road. I was thinking of doing something similar with my Jabba, it’s hard to find display cases that are big enough. I may look for a used retail display case.

For what I have planned, my only option is to build the cabinet — once I have most of the display together — so I can make sure the fit is perfect. Only the front will be acrylic or plexiglass, the rest will be wood — need to hide all that wiring for the lights.

My Jabba arrived this weekend. I love it, and am relieved and fortunate that I didn’t have any broken pieces or ugly flaws. Even Crumb’s fragile ears were in tact! The only problems I have so far are some minor fitting issues with the swappable eyes and jaw. The eyes take a bit of fiddling to fit in their respective sockets without some odd gaps, and the closed mouth piece was a nightmare to remove... Again these are minor issues that I can work around. I do think the price point is too steep for what is basically a modular statue, but I love it and am glad I got it. Jabba captured my imagination as a child and I have a great fondness of the character. He was a ‘must-get’ for me... But if it’s 20% off at Sideshow’s site within a year, I’ll feel sick!

Received mine today! It really is a spectacular piece. The tail on my Salacious Crumb had a clean break which I was able to glue back together no problem. The ears were fine. I think that I’m actually going to display it with the old Salacious Crumb, it’s less fragile and while the new one looks great I think I prefer the old one. The new one is quite shiny compared to the old one.

There was also a small chip on the pack of the throne which I was able to glue back into place. I will have to do a little touch up on it but it wasn’t so bad that I felt I needed to get an exchange. Not even sure how that little chip came off but it was lying at the bottom of the package. I might not have noticed it if I hadn’t found the chipped piece.

Overall I’m very pleased with Jabba, I do see some things that if I hadn’t won this as a prize and had paid full price for, that I would be disappointed in. The biggest being small pieces of paint brush bristles that are stuck on his back. Thankfully that issue did not happen on the front or any of the other pieces. But it’s just bad QC. I am pleased with the paint overall though and mine is not so shiny that I feel the need to spray with dull coat. The area above his lip has shine but it actually gives it a nice slimy look around his mouth and nose. The Tongue mouth is ok, the tongue itself is better than I thought it would be, but the sculpted slime around his mouth just looks too artificial, I think they could have done that much better. I really like the partially open mouth and I doubt I will be swapping pieces out very much anyway.

So here are a few photos. Currently Jabba is temporarily on a table in my home office until I can make a proper home and diorama for him. He is just so massive.

image1.jpgimage3.jpgimage2.jpg

Only problem with ordering thru ebay is, if it arrives broken (crumb for example) will the seller replace it.

Excepts returns, but I have to pay shipping return which isn't enjoyable. Certainly some risk here, though Sideshow has been always good to me so they might handle small issues directly if I go to them (broken crumb.)

Well, the eBay coupon happened and I caved and ordered this disgusting slug. Traveling next week so should have him in a couple weeks.

Wor...you know you want this...come over to the dark-side...e-bay beckons you with their 10% carrot...

do it! do it now! (in my best Ahnold voice!)

Back