Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can call her prisoner Leia. Problem solved. I think I remember someone suggesting they sneak the slave Leia outfit underneath the Endor or Boushh outfit. :lol

About a week from the time they informed Timewalker they were going to be shipping until they actually shipped mine.

Gotcha. My mistake, thought you were waiting for replacement parts.

They can call her prisoner Leia. Problem solved. I think I remember someone suggesting they sneak the slave Leia outfit underneath the Endor or Boushh outfit. :lol

Hilarious :lol

In this #metoo era, a sexed-up Leia called a "slave" just won't happen thru Disney.

But there's several bootleg companies that have already done this character.

Didn't Disney buy Miramax?:lol

1_190m_oxry37KPbS1r54qfqo1_540.jpg

In this #metoo era, a sexed-up Leia called a "slave" just won't happen thru Disney.

But there's several bootleg companies that have already done this character.

I don't buy that. They might not use the name "Slave Leia" (which is really little more than a nickname) but if Disney approved, say, the release of a Slave Leia Itty Bitty from Hallmark in 2016, I don't think it's credible to claim that they won't put out any version of the character anymore.

I don't buy that. They might not use the name "Slave Leia" (which is really little more than a nickname) but if Disney approved, say, the release of a Slave Leia Itty Bitty from Hallmark in 2016, I don't think it's credible to claim that they won't put out any version of the character anymore.

Yeah, Disney approved the Royal Selangor Pewter statue maybe 3 years ago, which pretty much 100% disproves the rumor.

es6970c_3.jpg

star-wars-slave-leia-figurine-royal_1_a4ef3f3b9fe0914647e4bdbbaa17b591.jpg

And I thought you were going somewhere else with that itty-bitty lead-in.:slap:lol

People claimed as far back as 2015 that the "Slave Leia" version of the character was being "retired" but we've seen several products released since then. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a Slave Leia in the most recent round of Vintage Collection figures from Hasbro, but it seems pretty unlikely that they would put the kibosh on the character across the board. Time will tell, I guess. (I think you can still even buy officially licensed and Disney-approved Slave Leia Halloween costumes from Rubies, under the name "Jabba's Prisoner Princess Leia" -- unless this is a fake of some kind.)

Last edited:
Yeah, Disney approved the Royal Selangor Pewter statue maybe 3 years ago, which pretty much 100% disproves the rumor.

You guys think 3 years is nothing because HT makes you wait a year and a half for your dollies... but while you've been in your basement admiring your figures, the world outside has changed drastically -- thank you Mr. Trump -- and there are certain elements that just aren't "cool" any more. Think Disco. 3 years can be a lifetime. Think the 2016 election.

Okay, how about the "Fearless" Giclee by Jerry Vandersteldt, which was an SDCC 2018 exclusive? I do think that Disney was sort of backing away from the character a bit even a few years ago, but there is nothing to suggest that they would literally ban any new products featuring the character -- particularly if they are expensive collector's figures or artwork that are intended for adults.

You guys think 3 years is nothing because HT makes you wait a year and a half for your dollies... but while you've been in your basement admiring your figures, the world outside has changed drastically -- thank you Mr. Trump -- and there are certain elements that just aren't "cool" any more. Think Disco. 3 years can be a lifetime. Think the 2016 election.

Well your $800 slug was seen as anti-Muslim just a few years ago, so there's no big-beautiful-walling this one off.:lol

Let's ask for a two-pack with Luke in gold bikini and a Leia in badass ROTJ black outfit and we can simply do a headswap.:dunno:lol

See, now this is metoo brilliance. It will fool them all.

clint-howard.gif

He would have been great CGI'ed as Dryden's mini-me - he could have done a Salacious laugh every time Dryden put his arm around Qira in front of Han.

If it made everyone happy they could do a DX release with a simple title like Palace Leia and do a Boushh/Slave two pack. Would like sell like crazy even at a high price.

Yes, things have changed over the past couple of years (about time) and maybe, just maybe, HT will think for themselves? ...maybe they’d respect the new movement and wouldn’t find it very fitting to release a ‘slave’ Leia right now? ...but maybe I give them too much credit.
Then again if you removed the ‘slave’ you could also state that killing off the slug for demeaning her could be a ‘don’t **** with us’ statement... but not sure that’s the focus for the most fanboys who want this...

Yes, Disney might be the issue - but it's certainly not as if Hot Toys shies away from delivering sexed up fanboy bimbos for the delectation of the terminally adolescent:

12246623_10153167435942344_420377993038586585_n.jpg

Yes, Disney might be the issue - but it's certainly not as if Hot Toys shies away from delivering sexed up fanboy bimbos for the delectation of the terminally adolescent:

View attachment 444944

Oh yes, forgot about that abomination... HT are definitely not holding back on that account. Holding on to the Alien license without releasing ****, that one was a kick in the balls.

This thread currently brought to you by the City of Portland and the Humanities Department of your local community college.:lol

Back