Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email saying mine has shipped and should be here this Friday..but it doesn't have Jabba in the description and the total is listed at $0.00. Went on their site, can't log in due to changes. Said a password reset was emailed to me, but nothing. What's going on with Sideshow? There's no way it was mailed to me..cause it takes 7 days to get an order from them, certainly not 3.

Got an email saying mine has shipped and should be here this Friday..but it doesn't have Jabba in the description and the total is listed at $0.00. Went on their site, can't log in due to changes. Said a password reset was emailed to me, but nothing. What's going on with Sideshow? There's no way it was mailed to me..cause it takes 7 days to get an order from them, certainly not 3.

I managed to get in with a new password, but the order page is messed up now.

The page that lists all your orders shows the actual amount you're paying for the item, but the order details page doesn't display any discount (e.g. reward points) used when you made the order, and just shows the retail total of the item. Even the reward points pending from the order work out as if you're paying full price. Shows the same thing in the reward points page.

I managed to get in with a new password, but the order page is messed up now.

The page that lists all your orders shows the actual amount you're paying for the item, but the order details page doesn't display any discount (e.g. reward points) used when you made the order, and just shows the retail total of the item. Even the reward points pending from the order work out as if you're paying full price. Shows the same thing in the reward points page.
Hm..yeah, they still won't send me an email to change my password. Anyways, I still can't believe Jabba's supposed to arrive in only 3 days. I need to check my bank account to see how much they charged me for shipping with that.

yeah i have not gotten any emails for the same link. they need to recheck there website for any flaws they need to reset them selves from there own update.

Hm..yeah, they still won't send me an email to change my password. Anyways, I still can't believe Jabba's supposed to arrive in only 3 days. I need to check my bank account to see how much they charged me for shipping with that.

I got the reset password email immediately after going through the process. I can't remember exactly what I did as it was the early hours of the morning. I'd woken up and couldn't get back to sleep so picked up the tablet. Saw evenflow's post in the Current Discount Codes thread about technical issues with Sideshow.

I think I tried my current password and got the option to request an email enabling me to reset it. Clicked the link in the email and that brought me back to sign on page, asking for a new password.

Sideshow claim to get back to you by email within two business days, but that hasn't happened recently. Instead I received multiple variations of the automated 'we got your message and will get back to you in 2 days' messages. I only managed to speak to someone by opening up a chat.

Sideshow used to be really on the ball and easy to deal with. I even got an 'undeliverable' response to an email reply I'd sent from an [email protected] email. I used to be able to use that to respond, and it was helpful to do so because it contained your order information clearly laid out for them to see, confirming any discounts and the total you owe. I had to send it to [email protected], and the automated response you get displays the order information as text interspersed with code, so presumably not so easy for Sideshow to immediately see what you're trying to confirm.

I checked again this morning and my orders are back but the reward points i used on Jabba are gone. Seems like the reward system is still screwed up. I saw on Facebook some people are getting shipping confirmation for other people’s orders. Seems like a mess.

I received 3 duplicates of the same email telling me an item I ordered on payment plan was delayed -- only it was addressed to someone else.

I have e-mailed twice in the last three weeks to confirm my address change (we just moved) for the Jabba I won and I haven’t heard a thing back. I originally gave them my parents address because I knew we were moving and I wasn’t sure when Jabba would ship. So if anything hopefully it will go there if they didn’t update my address. Frustrating though that their communication is so bad now. I ordered a Han in Carbonite yesterday after the website came back up, using reward points for part of it. It seemed to go smoothly, hopefully it stays that way.

I have e-mailed twice in the last three weeks to confirm my address change (we just moved) for the Jabba I won and I haven’t heard a thing back. I originally gave them my parents address because I knew we were moving and I wasn’t sure when Jabba would ship. So if anything hopefully it will go there if they didn’t update my address. Frustrating though that their communication is so bad now. I ordered a Han in Carbonite yesterday after the website came back up, using reward points for part of it. It seemed to go smoothly, hopefully it stays that way.

I’ve found the only way to get things like that updated is to call them. Their email system is horrible. I had plenty of issues with them after I moved and found that a phone call was the only way to get it fully resolved — particularly if you have multiple POs with them.

I’ve found the only way to get things like that updated is to call them. Their email system is horrible. I had plenty of issues with them after I moved and found that a phone call was the only way to get it fully resolved — particularly if you have multiple POs with them.

I will try that. I know other people that have won products were told by customer service that you had to go through the [email protected] e-mail but it’s worth a try anyway. Thanks.

I concur. By far the best thing to do with any issue or question is to call them. I submitted my Emperor cane replacement request on January 13th; took a whole lot longer than the 5 days they said to get back with me.

So yeah, turns out that tracking number I received is for the cane replacement. I just knew it was too good to be true to be getting Jabba this soon..especially with 3 day shipping.

I was working on my written review of the new Jabba when I found a few comparison shots that I haven't shared before. Maybe these will be of interest to someone.

sideshow_jabba_comparison1.jpg
sideshow_jabba_comparison2.jpg
sideshow_jabba_comparison3.jpg
sideshow_jabba_comparison4.jpg

The size difference is pretty major

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I was working on my written review of the new Jabba when I found a few comparison shots that I haven't shared before. Maybe these will be of interest to someone.

View attachment 442410

This one is a great distortion-free comparison pic that provides a ton of comparison details. Thanks for posting.

Interesting how the new throne is just a tad larger, though only by 1/2" or less. Also that the old throne's railing has a really copper look whereas the new one is more brass.

The new tail doesn't seem hugely different from the old one in the top view - whereas in front view it is. It's a pity there was no option for a curved tail on the new figure. Despite it being an improvement thickness-wise (it's one of the things I don't like about the old sculpt,) the new tail still doesn't seem thick enough closer to the end. Jabba's tail was pretty thick right the way to the end.

The most obvious difference between the two Jabbas from the top view is how much deeper/thicker the new one is - the area behind the head and upper torso seems 50% more than the old one.

This does create the issue where the old figure you had some wiggle room in terms of where he can be placed (ie right in close to the railing to rest his arm on it or over so his tail is almost overhanging the throne, also far forward at front edge if you want figures standing behind him on the dias or all the way back if you want figures stadning in front of him) whereas the new one pretty much just has the one position because he totally fills the space and the tail droop dictates position too. Over the years I've actually used that wiggle room a few times to put 3PO/Bib/Boba/goons next to, in front of or behind him

Can you post a pic of a new Jabba arm placed next to an old Jabba arm? It'd be pretty easy to do, but I'm wondering if I might cast the old Jabba arms and use them if the new hands are too huge. The new hands really bug me, but maybe I'm overblowing it and it's not that huge of a difference.:lol

Can you post a pic of a new Jabba arm placed next to an old Jabba arm? It'd be pretty easy to do, but I'm wondering if I might cast the old Jabba arms and use them if the new hands are too huge. The new hands really bug me, but maybe I'm overblowing it and it's not that huge of a difference.:lol

IMG_2418.jpg

Thanks for posting that! It's definitely a bit oversized but not too bad. Though its the open hand that looks the most obviously overscale to me, not that pointing one.

And great to hear you're doing a mighty jabba site written review also. Look forward to it (though I end up on your Jabba site more than I should!)

Back