Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sideshow Greedo has a nice detailed Rodian sculpt, it just doesn't look much like Greedo in ANH, even in color scheme.

I've been trying to cast my Greedo head in order to make a Beedo head without much success (you can see the slight sheen on the head - it needs a wipe.) I'm hoping HT will do a Greedo so my custom can become ROTJ Beedo.

Thanks. The boots are two different boot types (cheapo WWII boots - don't recall which ones) blended - there is a slight joint seam visible. Walrusman's boots are taller. I made them black only because the correct color - the reddish brown of his belt - looked odd.

The belts/holsters are all custom made except the WWII black waist belt. The pleather peeled and just left fabric - I have pleated "bumps" ready to glue on the jacket just before I paint it for the final time - final orange will be a little more muted.

I sold my SSC Greedo for about $400 if you can believe it. It just didn't really capture Greedo for me despite being a nice fig.

And yeah, the flippers/hoof hands are in the movie, and they worked well - the actor's hands could grab the gun through the soft rubber quite well. When they showed the severed arm with open flipper people started asking how an apparently rigid hoof could have held a pistol.:rotfl

Thanks! I’ll try and find some boots out there.
I know. The first shot of Ponda you see in the cantina you clearly see the hoofs. I also prefer the hoofs as they are more ‘alien’, but as I was already gluing on hair I might as well make the hands too. Also I guess that Rogue One also tried to close that one with clearly showing his hairy hand. But I think it’s still up to anyone what they prefer.
dee2a3e69359848b1cdbca3c5aa94c96.jpg

The upgraded Jabba looks great! However I have the whole original ensemble so I'm good where I'm at.

I dunno man, I have original Jabba and I'm sitting tight on this one. It has nothing to do with money, because I can afford it, and I think the swap out pieces are pretty cool, I like that they went for it with an interesting idea, but honestly I don't think they will look convincing with the seam lines as far as what we're seeing in photos and video right now. It looks off. For people who are loving it, I think they really like the paint job and the idealized look of Jabba, which IT IS cool, especially if you don't have a Jabba, but as it stands, that head/face does not convince me no matter what pieces you swap to it. Again, it's cool and I like the idea, but the V1 Jabba holds the crown for me as Jabba himself, even if the paint job is lackluster and reminds most of us of the 3.75 scale ROTJ vintage all pale green turd green Jabba haha, we still have yet a v2 production paint job to compare it to, so we'll see when the V2 production piece comes around but even if the paintjob is incredible, will that face still be the best and most accurate Jabba face created so far? I don't think so. Maybe if they included a second head with no swappable pieces we could see how close it really comes. Just look back a few pages at the face comparison between the two versions and the original prop Jabba, the V2 Jabba looks way off in comparison to the V1. But again, if you're going to enjoy the fun of swapping pieces and a possible better paint job, then the accuracy may not be for you in the first place. Or if you're like some people who like to own all versions then I can see this being an easy pickup for sure also. But for me it comes down to... Is this figure the most faithful to what we know / love from the Star Wars Movies? If not, is it at least the best version of it to date? I don't care about all the extra stuff and gimmicks if one of those two questions can't be a yes. If the production piece drops and looks amazing, photos show how seamless the swappable parts are (I doubt this will be true), and we see some photos that really change my mind on how off his headsculpt looks from the movies, then I'll definitely buy it and retire the v1. But as of right now the v2 will definitely be the most fun if you're into "playing" with your collectibles, but that's all it has on the v1, it is less accurate to what we see in the movies, albeit a sacrifice made for the "fun factor" which will need to be justified by the buyer themselves based on what they're spending for it.

I agree with most things you are saying. And if I do buy it, I will wait until the production version is out. I don't trust Sideshow enough to pre-order. It's just awaiting game, which hopefully leads to a Hot Toys announcement before this gets released.

And if I do buy it, I will wait until the production version is out. I don't trust Sideshow enough to pre-order. It's just a waiting game, which hopefully leads to a Hot Toys announcement before this gets released.

This ^^^......is exactly my gameplan !

On the beginning of the current live show they have these 2 together. The original and new. New one is much bigger. They quickly whisked away the old one.. :lol

I wish the tail was curled on the new one. It looks like a separate piece.

They said that the production piece won't have the join. It's only there because Jabba was too big to print in one piece as a prototype.

They also intend to close up all the gaps as well as they can for production. It wasn't possible on the prototype because of the material used.

They said that the production piece won't have the join. It's only there because Jabba was too big to print in one piece as a prototype.

They also intend to close up all the gaps as well as they can for production. It wasn't possible on the prototype because of the material used.

Thanks, that's good to know. I still would prefer it be curled though, ha ha.

Thanks, that's good to know. I still would prefer it be curled though, ha ha.

They were kind of cagey when asked about a bendable tail. Seems like something they are actually looking into but probably will not happen.

New one looks superior. Not sure why people say it isn't?

Overall quality is a step up, but aside from the hookah and some slight paint, the thrones look on par with each other.

The original Jabba has the better sculpt, if you could compare the two with identical paint jobs, that would stand out more, but the new one is so much better painted it makes it hard to see it as lesser unless you’re abnormally attuned to the look of Jabba from Jedi to spot the fine areas where the new one is off and subsequently find it unappealing for that.

Back