1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Indy. He's got his faults but he's a fun release. I know we all wished he came with a jacket but he doesn't seem that barebones when you open him up. Admittedly I just got an amazing custom Solo sculpt (for about the same price as this figure :lol) the week before I got this so it takes away a bit of the excitement of what is definitely one of the better Ford sculpts out there. Aside from the bottom eyelashes I really like the paint work.

Not much I can say in terms of the negatives that hasn't been said a million times already:
- hair seam is terrible
- hat's a bit too big
- bottom eyelashes are way too wide and pronounced (looks like Alex from Clockwork Orange)

DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg
DSC_0074.jpg

Looks good TonTon!. Agreed about the eyelashes, but it can very from figure to figure. I picked up an extra head from TA and its a little different from my ex I got earlier this year.20160217_103235-1.jpg
Sideshow Ex
20160719_161318-1.jpg
20160719_161307-1.jpg
TA regular release

Yeah, the head I got from TA has very subtle eyelashes, not like the Clockwork Orange thing. I think that amazing repaint that Rahmier did of the head a month or two ago also had the bad lashes (which obviously got painted over.)

It's almost like a slight machine error where the lashes are just a mm or so out of alignment and hit the outside of the lid rather than the inner edge.

TT, you might be able to take a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol (tiny bit of cotton wool wrapped around toothpick) to remove or fade the lashes a bit.

Just picked up my second TOD Indy. (something I rarely do-purchase multiples!) I may take a stab at removing the damage to the hs for an unmarked indy.

Back