1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bf16f3c05d845f768aba32e019e06a96.jpg
dee1e57a9bf61f0088889c8e1d356926.jpg
c5faecc9d64aeea4ad84309a1a70acd2.jpg
078501f29ace8d1f6e129c35992068ff.jpg

Excuse the horrible lighting. So I've been modifying the heck out of this guy. I experimented by making a "real hair" head piece to make up for the seam. I think it came out pretty good. I'm curious to know what you guys think. Does it look better than the plastic one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bf745df2168869576ddb2046ca7c7c06.jpg
33b5a1eee9a1d0f644e27f4d3118fb83.jpg
4e8a38f333793285891761f9ce87c75c.jpg

I was going for Indiana jones meets the walking dead lol.

Did some more light weathering to the outfit and added some sweat marks under the arms, around the collar and his stomach areas.

Loving this figure even more each week!

cb015defda1c6bee3dbd5b2ac6ae6846.jpg

0e4d01dd3aad8b6a39fee64c77d160ea.jpg

c7b72e01e344859aee4752f636fec5d7.jpg

I've got Indy arriving in a few days. What are the basic mods folks are doing?

1. Pulled the plug out of his neck so the head sits further down and the neck isn't so wide.

2. Gave him the SS ROTLA gas mask bag with the strap darkened.

3. Gave him the DX05 gun belt and holster as it looks more TOD.

1. Pulled the plug out of his neck so the head sits further down and the neck isn't so wide.

2. Gave him the SS ROTLA gas mask bag with the strap darkened.

3. Gave him the DX05 gun belt and holster as it looks more TOD.

Do you have pics of that please?

The first pics of this fig, gave me major misgivings & almost tempted me to cancel my PO, but the recent pics have blown my socks off. Maybe its because the first pics were of out the box Indy's & the recent pics are of Indy after people have futzed about with him. :dunno

Did some more light weathering to the outfit and added some sweat marks under the arms, around the collar and his stomach areas.

Loving this figure even more each week!

cb015defda1c6bee3dbd5b2ac6ae6846.jpg

0e4d01dd3aad8b6a39fee64c77d160ea.jpg

c7b72e01e344859aee4752f636fec5d7.jpg

How did you do the weathering it looks great! I'd like to do the same to mine

How did you do the weathering it looks great! I'd like to do the same to mine

Thanks man!

I chose areas that would likely get weathered the most (around the collar, sleeves and the chest area) then I lightly brushed different shades of brown around those areas.

Then once the paint dried I completely hand washed the clothing and then dried them in the dryer. This leaves the weathering looking subtle.

Then I cut out more of his ripped sleeve to expose more of his arm.

Then I made his sweat stains around his collar, under his arms and his stomach with a glossy finishing varnish.

I also glued down the loose strap on his sleeve so it looks like it's fallen naturally on his sleeve. I glued down each tip of his collar as well so they are not sticking out like they do right out of the box.

Hope this helps :)

70dedd52e7d824b32200d64e0aad7e48.jpg
def90859627782e88726d9baaf0c1726.jpg
96b42422a26fd58c1bd14e443d39efae.jpg
90ee2acd0a1c058a43f92002650396ce.jpg

So I realize this is an EXTREME mod and not very movie accurate - resembling more rick grimes than Indiana jones but after a couple weeks of beating the hell out of this guy (dunking him in a fire pit and throwing him off a bridge into the crocodiles) I think I'm done with my mod. Here's what I did for anyone whose curious. Mad props to these other mods that gave me ideas and look a lot better than mine...

I attempted to fix the hair issue by making a removable real hair piece. I did this by making a sculpy mold baking it and applying my mocha brown Tibetan lamb hair (leftovers from my "hairagorn" project.)

I closed up those arm joints and molded an elbow by applying a little sculpy+acrylic paint+dirt. I was first going to try to match the skin color but figure what the hell let's make it look like a crocodile tore that arm to pieces. The sculpy is very mold able and can easily be futzed with when adjusting the arms to give it a more seamless look.

Those were the two major mods that may help some of you fix what I thought were my biggest peeves about this figure- the hair seam and the arm joints.

So has anyone tried trimming the scalp section for a better fit as Michael Crawford suggested in his review? Would be very curious to see how it turns out as this release looks pretty great otherwise. :)

Sallah

Thanks man!

I chose areas that would likely get weathered the most (around the collar, sleeves and the chest area) then I lightly brushed different shades of brown around those areas.

Then once the paint dried I completely hand washed the clothing and then dried them in the dryer. This leaves the weathering looking subtle.

Then I cut out more of his ripped sleeve to expose more of his arm.

Then I made his sweat stains around his collar, under his arms and his stomach with a glossy finishing varnish.

I also glued down the loose strap on his sleeve so it looks like it's fallen naturally on his sleeve. I glued down each tip of his collar as well so they are not sticking out like they do right out of the box.

Hope this helps :)

That's perfect exactly what I was looking for thanks for the info also that pose I'm going to have to steal from you looks awesome

Back