1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to punch up the cuts and bruising on my Indy, and added a little sweat effect. Gonna work on weathering the shirt and some other things and post some pics when it's done.

image.jpg

The one thing I'm a little confused by are his "abdominal fangs" in the abdomen joint. Do they serve some sort of function? They seem like they would hinder the articulation. They certainly can't be there for aesthetics since they look really odd. What do you guys who have him in hand think?

Haven't seen this posted but if anyone is interested in how the ROTLA sculpt looks with this, here ya go. Excuse the bad pics my phone is like 10 yrs old.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So with the announcement of young JOHN CONNER ED FURLONG , I had to post on ASMUS FB Page to give us a long overdue SHORTROUND. I Hope they see the need and DEMAND for SHORTY. Anyway back to the TEMPLE of DOOM.

Actually, I thought Asmus would only be providing the clothing set and body for John Connner. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Since it appears to be unlicensed, we're on our own for the young Eddie Furlong headsculpt - where would we get one?

It looked like a mediocre sculpt but due to a lack of better alternatives, I'd probably be sold on buying it.... same with Short Round (aka Data).

Should have my TOD Indy this weekend...cannot wait! All these awesome pics are making the wait even harder (but don't stop posting them)

I’m at work right not but my wife texted me that Indy arrived in bad condition—at least his box did. The shipper is really crumpled and the main box has a big crushed dent down one side of it. It also looks like the clear bag that the main box comes in was opened and re-taped closed and is very wrinkled as if it was taken off, crumpled, and put back on. The outer shipper also looks like it was re-taped. At first I thought that maybe UPS crushed it then opened it up to check if there was any real damage. But my wife pointed out that the tape that taped the clear bag is the same kind of tape as the old used tape, which I’m sure you’ve all noticed is a specific kind of clear tape that is used. She thinks it arrived that way to Sideshow, Sideshow opened it up to check for damages, thought it was fine, and mailed it out to me.

She’s holding off opening the actual figure, so I’ll be checking it myself when I get home tonight. I’m not sure if I should hope for no damage to the figure or not. Usually Sideshow won’t care about box damage as long as the figure is intact. But it sucks that I paid $220 for a crushed box even if the figure is fine! So if the figure turns out to be damaged, I would ask them to replace everything. Just an annoying thing to have to deal with!

I'm sorry to hear about that, Lu...My Threepio arrived with the shipper crushed on one side and the box itself creased and dented in so bad it warped the tray...but the figure was fine. But I gotta say...I agree with those that comment that at these prices, we should at least be able to count on something packed with a bit more care. That Threepio shipper had to be the thinnest one I've received for any Sideshow figure. Gone are the days of sturdy, double-trayed boxes with styrofoam end caps to protect the box and strengthen the shipper. Yeah, yeah, first world problems to be sure, but we drop good coin on these on a regular basis...it would be nice to consistently recieve them undamaged instead of the other way around.

Fingers crossed whe I pick up Indy tomorrow that he made it through the gaunlet of shipping unscathed....good luck to you too, Lu...

I just got this figure today and I have to say I have a modest collection about 6-7 Hot Toys figures (Vader, Classic Predator, Spiderman 3 Red Suit etc.) After messing around with this Indy for the last hour or so he is now my favorite figure I own! It's absolutely Harrison Ford and looks great in person. I will post my cell phone pics tomorrow. Also will have pictures with HT jacket as well which looks especially good! Quality is great too! Only thing on mine was elbow joints were mad tight but nothing a quick run under hot water and working them free slowly couldn't fix. Overall this figure is awesome :yess:

I'm sorry to hear about that, Lu...My Threepio arrived with the shipper crushed on one side and the box itself creased and dented in so bad it warped the tray...but the figure was fine. But I gotta say...I agree with those that comment that at these prices, we should at least be able to count on something packed with a bit more care. That Threepio shipper had to be the thinnest one I've received for any Sideshow figure. Gone are the days of sturdy, double-trayed boxes with styrofoam end caps to protect the box and strengthen the shipper. Yeah, yeah, first world problems to be sure, but we drop good coin on these on a regular basis...it would be nice to consistently recieve them undamaged instead of the other way around.

Fingers crossed whe I pick up Indy tomorrow that he made it through the gaunlet of shipping unscathed....good luck to you too, Lu...
Most of what I get when ordered from sideshow comes in a smashed box

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I got my SS Exclusive Indy yesterday, and the flimsy shipper box was crushed in - as was the figure box. Indy's head was no longer attached to the body and has some paint damage. Emailed Sideshow about that. I sure wish they would ship these $200+ figures with more care. This is pretty ridiculous.

Thanks, jedibear! I still haven't had a chance to check it out, but I will soon.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Yeah, a lot of mine from Sideshow has some amount of dents, but the one looks really bad, plus the whole looks like it was opened and re taped thing...

I got my SS Exclusive Indy yesterday, and the flimsy shipper box was crushed in - as was the figure box. Indy's head was no longer attached to the body and has some paint damage. Emailed Sideshow about that. I sure wish they would ship these $200+ figures with more care. This is pretty ridiculous.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that! I know Sideshow will definitely replace the damaged figure parts, but hopefully they'll replace your entire figure, box and all.

Hey guys so here are a few initial pics of him! Sorry to hear a lot of you got damaged figures, I hope you're able to get them replaced soon with good ones! And sorry for the flash photos. I will eventually take some nicer pics with my SLR

IMG_6712.jpg
IMG_6713.jpg
IMG_6716.jpg
IMG_6717.jpg
IMG_6718.jpg
IMG_6721.jpg

Decided to keep my order. More in-hand pictures changed my mind, plus I have an HT jacket that will make this figure better.

My Indy arrived yesterday. The hat doesn't bother me. The sculpt doesn't bother me. The paint doesn't bother me. What bothers me that I did not expect is the pin head. His head looks too small for the body. It's bothering me to the point I'm thinking of selling on ebay. Since I used a ton of rewards points from Sideshow to buy him, I'm thinking they won't refund those.

Anyone else feel like Indy has a pin head? Any easy body swaps out there to help with it? It's a shame to have to do that for such an expensive figure to begin with. I also would not want to lose the authentic looking chest and neck, although the neck seems a tad long and might be contributing to the pin head look.

My Marty McFly box arrived crushed/dented on one side.

Luckily the figure was OK. SSC replaced the box but they should replace anyone's damaged figure too. They replace defective figures all the time (for minor paint defects, etc) and then request us to chop up the figure/statue.

Does SSC actually save more money in the long run by replacing potentially damaged figures/statues rather than double boxing?

I wonder what the cost-benefit is of not double boxing. There has to be a financially motivated reason for SSC cheaping out on the boxes, padding and added shipping costs. In the overall picture, I'm guessing the chances of breakage while in shipment are relatively low so SSC doesn't mind rolling the dice. I don't know what the profit margins are on the figures but SSC gouges us with high shipping fees so they must be making money hand over fist. At the end of the day, this is a business.

* to be fair, SSC does double-box when your order contains multiple items (and the signature release adds to the shipping fee)

Since I used a ton of rewards points from Sideshow to buy him, I'm thinking they won't refund those.

Correct, Sideshow doesn't refund reward points.

THANKS everyone for posting these pics. I never cancelled my order, and these pics are really making me excited. Great to see SSC's clearly chosen a better factory or something for their headsculpts! If their future figures look this good, I may not stop at Wolverine and Punisher!

Back