1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still loving this release of indy. Hopefully will have a chance to weather up the shirt and futz the figure some more.
Still, better than I thought it would be straight out of the box. 20160307_191116-1.jpg

Keep the pics coming you guys about to get him!

I know we've passed through denial, anger, bargaining, depression and now subsist in acceptance of the "new" SSC pricing, but every time I go to order this figure it makes me profoundly sad how very little $230 buys you these days.:lol

Kind of staggering when you really look at it. It screams $175 ($200 tops) every time I look at this bare-bones release - no second headsculpt, no jacket, not even a small part of the rope bridge to fit on the basic black stand. Hey I guess it comes with ten hands and very nice box art (seriously.)

indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-sixth-scale-3914-11.jpg

:goodpost: Well put. I was going to pass altogether but I wound up picking up a couple loose parts of this to give the option of converting the DX to TOD look. It won't be completely proper, but will have to be good enough for me.

Finally got a couple semi decent day light shots.

I'll be attaching a Fedora to one, and the hair to another. From what i can tell, you can make that gap in the hair almost invisible with a little effort. It will have to wait for now though.

012_1_zps5sh0apmh.jpg

008_1_zpsm8qzzzil.jpg

Finally got a couple semi decent day light shots.

I'll be attaching a Fedora to one, and the hair to another. From what i can tell, you can make that gap in the hair almost invisible with a little effort. It will have to wait for now though.

012_1_zps5sh0apmh.jpg

008_1_zpsm8qzzzil.jpg

Looks pretty damn good there! Nice shots!
Im guessing the head size looks big there because of lens distortion. Getting the head to sit lower will tie up all my problems with the figure minus the hat.

Last edited:
Looks pretty damn good there! Nice shots!
Im guessing the head size looks big there because of lens distortion. Getting the head to sit lower will tie up all my problems with the figure minus the hat.

The top photo is what i see in hand as regards the head size. The bottom photo probably yes lens. I only have an older Sony digital point and hope for the best. Maybe a fraction smaller than the top photo, but only a fraction. The head is perfect size to my eye. You'll see when you have it.

The body was a surprise. Pretty decent, especially for representing this figure. I'm using one for the MJ Bruce sculpt Die Hard.

Boots, great. Both whips, great. Tailoring is as good as Hot Toys. The pants a lot better than Hot Toys for fit/material choice. Honestly mate, stick a metal tab on the end of the web belt, swap the holster, wet the shirt and sculpt it to whatever shape you want and your good. Well except for the hairline and hat, but you know what i mean. The shirt especially, takes really well to water and takes any shape you want.

As for the head sculpt paint. If i didn't know better i'd say Hot Toys actually painted this one for them. Maybe they did...? who knows, but it is the same as a Hot Toys painted sculpt, quality wise.

The top photo is what i see in hand as regards the head size. The bottom photo probably yes lens. I only have an older Sony digital point and hope for the best. Maybe a fraction smaller than the top photo, but only a fraction. The head is perfect size to my eye. You'll see when you have it.

The body was a surprise. Pretty decent, especially for representing this figure. I'm using one for the MJ Bruce sculpt Die Hard.

Boots, great. Both whips, great. Tailoring is as good as Hot Toys. The pants a lot better than Hot Toys for fit/material choice. Honestly mate, stick a metal tab on the end of the web belt, swap the holster, wet the shirt and sculpt it to whatever shape you want and your good. Well except for the hairline and hat, but you know what i mean. The shirt especially, takes really well to water and takes any shape you want.

As for the head sculpt paint. If i didn't know better i'd say Hot Toys actually painted this one for them. Maybe they did...? who knows, but it is the same as a Hot Toys painted sculpt, quality wise.

Great advise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dude. Ill have mine on thursday and will give it a good once over. That head is coming down will be the first thing I do.

Great advise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem.

Thanks dude. Ill have mine on thursday and will give it a good once over. That head is coming down will be the first thing I do.

I kind of got used to it for now, but will most likely use a shorter neck plug or just remove it completely.

I've never owned a SS figure so I'm only judging by pics but this has the best production sculpt I've seen from them yet. Much more lifelike than before. It's not perfect but it shows a lot of promise for future releases. If only their Han and Luke turned out this well, I'd be all over them.

Hey...great picture. Did a little bit of paint rub off the nose? I just got mine and the head was loose in the box and had a tear in the bag that covers the head...it looks like some of the paint on mine rubbed off...a spot on the nose just like in your photo. Could just be the light in your photo. I am trying to debate asking for a replacement.

Thanks...here is mine...maybe its not that bad!

IMG_0820.JPG

Got mine. Pretty happy with it overall. I was worried that sideshow would really screw up going from proto to production, but I think the likeness is the best non custom out there in 1/6.

Quick pic, more later:

View attachment 250492

Also...anyone else have a real floppy right arm. Mine is really loose. Actually, it seems both arms are super loose. I was real excited about this figure...but disappointed with the arms and the head being loose in the box(which was also damaged)...especially for the $16.87 shipping! For almost $20 shipping, it really should be double boxed.

I’m at work right not but my wife texted me that Indy arrived in bad condition—at least his box did. The shipper is really crumpled and the main box has a big crushed dent down one side of it. It also looks like the clear bag that the main box comes in was opened and re-taped closed and is very wrinkled as if it was taken off, crumpled, and put back on. The outer shipper also looks like it was re-taped. At first I thought that maybe UPS crushed it then opened it up to check if there was any real damage. But my wife pointed out that the tape that taped the clear bag is the same kind of tape as the old used tape, which I’m sure you’ve all noticed is a specific kind of clear tape that is used. She thinks it arrived that way to Sideshow, Sideshow opened it up to check for damages, thought it was fine, and mailed it out to me.

She’s holding off opening the actual figure, so I’ll be checking it myself when I get home tonight. I’m not sure if I should hope for no damage to the figure or not. Usually Sideshow won’t care about box damage as long as the figure is intact. But it sucks that I paid $220 for a crushed box even if the figure is fine! So if the figure turns out to be damaged, I would ask them to replace everything. Just an annoying thing to have to deal with!

I’m at work right not but my wife texted me that Indy arrived in bad condition—at least his box did. The shipper is really crumpled and the main box has a big crushed dent down one side of it. It also looks like the clear bag that the main box comes in was opened and re-taped closed and is very wrinkled as if it was taken off, crumpled, and put back on. The outer shipper also looks like it was re-taped. At first I thought that maybe UPS crushed it then opened it up to check if there was any real damage. But my wife pointed out that the tape that taped the clear bag is the same kind of tape as the old used tape, which I’m sure you’ve all noticed is a specific kind of clear tape that is used. She thinks it arrived that way to Sideshow, Sideshow opened it up to check for damages, thought it was fine, and mailed it out to me.

She’s holding off opening the actual figure, so I’ll be checking it myself when I get home tonight. I’m not sure if I should hope for no damage to the figure or not. Usually Sideshow won’t care about box damage as long as the figure is intact. But it sucks that I paid $220 for a crushed box even if the figure is fine! So if the figure turns out to be damaged, I would ask them to replace everything. Just an annoying thing to have to deal with!

This is why I only purchase exclusives from Sideshow. I pay an extra $10 to have them double-boxed. I order all other figures from BBTS, which come double-boxed at no extra charge.

This is why I only purchase exclusives from Sideshow. I pay an extra $10 to have them double-boxed. I order all other figures from BBTS, which come double-boxed at no extra charge.

Yep, it’s the exclusive. I’ve gotten some damaged boxes from Sideshow before, usually a corner smooshed or a slight dent that made a dimple on the figure box. But this is a whole other level! It really looks like it was run over by something, and opened up and then taped back up. That’s why it’s more concerning to me. Usually there’s a little damage but for the most part everything is fine and I can live with that, and it certainly doesn’t look like it’s been opened and closed again.

I guess I’ll see when I get home. Like I said, I don’t know if I should hope that there is no damage to the figure, or hope that there is!

Lu at these current prices, they should replace it for you! It's a shame you got a jacked box, i hope you enjoy the figure though.
On a side note, my shipper box looked retaped aswell.

Liking this figure more and more with all the pics!

Mine won't be coming till the end of the month (my Flex schedule is on the 15th), so hopefully I'll be able to try all the mods you guys come up with by the time he comes.

So I received Indy today. I like it a lot overall ( not the price and cheap ass packaging ! :( ) the hair line is insanely brutal ! Hat only please ! I watered up the dirt and cut the sleeve image.jpegimage.jpeg

Back