1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is from a year ago. Is that how long ago this was announced and it still isnt out? Thats nutty.

This thread is from a year ago. Is that how long ago this was announced and it still isnt out? Thats nutty.

Tomorrow's the 1-year anniversary. :lol

Yeah, I think that was the day it was first teased--during Spooktacular week. PO went up later--not sure exactly when, maybe a month or two later.

Tomorrow's the 1-year anniversary. :lol

Yeah, I think that was the day it was first teased--during Spooktacular week. PO went up later--not sure exactly when, maybe a month or two later.

Well I ordered from day one and it says "You placed this order on Dec 11, 2014"

Figure was never really delayed though was it?
I think it always said Nov/Dec 2015 and in the last few months that shifted to Dec 2015 ?

Their Luke X-Wing figure is arriving on time so hopefully Indy follows. The Scout trooper was delayed by only about a month but Jango was pushed back several times. Don't follow enough of Sodeshow's other lines to know about any delays there.

Let me ask this. Say like the first week of december is here and Im seeing people starting to get their Indy's... if at that point I have my gf go order one, say by like Dec 10th, that would leave 2 weeks between then and christmas, that would probably be enough time to get one by christmas at that point, right?

Or is there a chance we would end up on say some sort of "second shipment" and would take weeks for us to get it? Im really struggling to find christmas gifts for myself this year, lol. We always make up a list of a lot of items that we each choose from, this way its still sort of a surprise, but still getting something you know youll want. Problem is I have most of the things I want, and this is one thing I dont have.

Let me ask this. Say like the first week of december is here and Im seeing people starting to get their Indy's... if at that point I have my gf go order one, say by like Dec 10th, that would leave 2 weeks between then and christmas, that would probably be enough time to get one by christmas at that point, right?

Or is there a chance we would end up on say some sort of "second shipment" and would take weeks for us to get it? Im really struggling to find christmas gifts for myself this year, lol. We always make up a list of a lot of items that we each choose from, this way its still sort of a surprise, but still getting something you know youll want. Problem is I have most of the things I want, and this is one thing I dont have.

I'm sure it partially depends on where you are located, but as an example, I'm in Toronto Canada, and when an item is In Stock at SSC, I usually get a shipping notice within a couple days of paying for it. After that, I usually get it within a week...

Some items lately they've been getting in smaller shipments of (thinking of Scout Trooper, Speederbike and R2), but they're still usually available on the site as soon as it's in-stock and people are starting to get their shipments. So if you see it in stock around that time, or still on pre-order but that people's pre-orders are getting notices that they'll be shipping you can likely jump on a pre-order to get in on that batch (they usually update the pre-order status with the next estimated shipment timeframe--like the Scout now says March-April I think). You can also call and have your order expedited to get faster shipping--I'm on the east coast so it takes me 6 days usually to get an item from Sideshow.

Oddly enough I live in Puerto Rico (small Island in the caribbean) and after the order has shipped it takes 3 day via Fed Ex.

Im in New Jersey. Meh, timing is probably gonna be too tight. Really struggling to let my girl know some things id like for christmas this year. Have everything I want!

Soooo. Ssc luke came out in HK. Im again worried about indy. But it doesn look that bad compared to other ssc figures.The pics are from OSR member john woo

FB_IMG_1446409425709.jpgFB_IMG_1446409431661.jpg

Yeah, I saw the Luke pics over on that thread. I agree, it's certainly an improvement on some of the previous Sideshow products. I think alot of the criticism are the eyes and the price Sideshow are charging. I still have my Indy on PO but of course await the pics of what we will actually get.

I can convince myself its okay ....until I switch over to looking at Hot Toys Luke pics for comparison....and then I switch back to looking at this one and realize how under standard the effort actually is.
The really mind boggling part is Sideshow actually charging more for their release than the 2 Hot Toys ones currently on pre-order.

But again people are expecting a Hot Toys quality from a company that is not Hot Toys. I know is not unpar with figures from other company even small ones. But if people keep buying the pattern won't change. Sadly I want that indy lol.

But again people are expecting a Hot Toys quality from a company that is not Hot Toys. I know is not unpar with figures from other company even small ones. But if people keep buying the pattern won't change. Sadly I want that indy lol.

I think sideshow is misleading us. I bet if they used a production painter for their proto's people wouldn't preorder them so much. It's like going to buy some good looking fruit and let them pack it. You come home and it's just rotten. Sorry sideshow, that paintjob at this price...no more human characters from sideshow for me unless i have the money to let someone repaint it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing a prototype is their get out of jail free card. You can go to their Customer service and complain and they will say that the figure might be slightly different from the proto. So people know what to expect with sideshow, why be surprised.you preorder a $230 figure when you know what will happen. People are scared of missing out on the figure if it turns out to be good.

The sculpt might turn out good, but the poor paint apps kill the figure. HT's does not do this. They have great pain apps. Even if one of the sculpts turns out so so, the paint lifts it up. SSC will not improve their pain apps to save their life. Don't expect Indy to look great. Sculpt might be good, but their pain is going to kill it. Sorry, I have been burned too many times by SSC.

Back