1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested in what the fix is. I'm holding onto my order as it's already in route and I've seen a few posts online that indicate it's not as bad as some of the most negative reviews would indicate. If mine is a little floppy but fixable, I'm happy to adjust it and put it in my collection. Thx.
Keep in mind, I don’t have the figure so my idea is just based on the reviews and how the shoulder joints on the arms insert into the body. So, I would say to first see if both sets of arms are loose. If they are, then get a cheap small bottle of clear fingernail polish hardener from anywhere, and carefully put a thin layer in the socket. Be careful and take your time so you don’t make a mess or put too much at one time. Give it about 5-8hrs to really dry, then test to see the fit. If still too loose then do it again. Slowly build up until you have the tightness you’d like. If each set varies in how tight/loose they are, then instead of coating the socket, coat the actual shoulder joint that inserts into the body. Just be patient as it’s easy to over do it. This is what I would do as a first pass to try to tighten the shoulder joint. I’ve done this in the past to tighten joints similar this and it’s works very well in my experience.

This was the only pose I was able to get out of it without the stand. The arms keep falling down on its own. I emailed sideshow about the issues through my account. Waiting to hear back
8B437712-8ECB-45B3-8A18-4A2270FC76A6.jpeg

Attachments

• 871B3103-0FC6-4F34-99C7-78079E167F61.jpeg
    871B3103-0FC6-4F34-99C7-78079E167F61.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 97
I usually put some superglue on a loose joint and work it as it dries. Does the trick. Teflon tape might be the way to go on this one though.

Teflon tape isn’t sticky in any way so it’s very safe and very removeable. The rubber bands worked but they seemed really unsightly to me.

Well, this figure has certainly got folks riled up. Watched several of the reviews and went back and took look at the original release that I picked up back in the day.

Here's a new shot of the original release:

GRIEVOUS-043.jpg

Time hasn't been kind to this figure. having said that, it has fared better than some of the other older SSC figures I have. Yes, like the new release, many of the joints are fairly loose, but I could get it to stand in various poses back then. Now, it won't stand unassisted and the stand that was included does not function well as a support. I do think the finish is still looking good. The paint job is fine (except for the area around the eyes - very cartoony effect). I haven't heard any reviews indicate if the eyes look any better on the "new" version (but not all of the reviewers utilize captions so it may have been mentioned and I just didn't hear it).

I remember being initially impressed with many of the ideas put into the rendering of this character in sixth-scale that really only existed as a CGI creation. The CGI could cheat certain things like providing support and some functionality that had to be addressed with creating the figure. The folks at Sideshow came up with some good solutions that simply didn't carry through completely in the final production of the figure. It is sounding like those issues are even more pronounced in this new release and that's too bad.

I'm okay with this figure on display. With some careful futzing and a few cheats to achieve support, it does manage to make a decent addition to the SW shelf.

Sure, it would be fun (and probably insanely expensive) to see what HT could come up with here. The recently released IG-11 figure is a triumph of figure engineering and execution. It's mixed-media of plastic and diecast assure stability and the finish is simply staggering. It's not hard to imagine HT exhibiting the same amount of effort and care into producing this epic droid General if they ever choose to.

I won't be picking up this latest re-release from Sideshow. I was hoping it would be a big improved version that the advance word from them on it was indicating. I'm hoping that the folks who missed out it the first time can get one of these that isn't too awful.

I certainly will NOT order the CW Anakin and Obi-Wan figures until the production figures hit and get thoroughly reviewed by all of the usual suspects who do a great job of keeping us informed.

Great refreshed view of the OG figure, jedibear. It appears the only thing SS improved upon is the cape lining.
No wonder the Con guy went on and on about it during the booth video. 😄

I got mine late last night and yes, the joints are fairly loose and I was not impressed. But after playing with his odd proportions, moving his joints around and finding poses I am happy with, I’ve grown to like him a lot! Perfect? Far from it but after playing around with his joints and figuring out weight distribution, I’m very happy with how he looks.

Attachments

• 1C6E6E8F-A9C1-40F0-952A-7B023FECCF7E.jpeg
    1C6E6E8F-A9C1-40F0-952A-7B023FECCF7E.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DD4F418B-C2D9-481D-B14E-3930EE29D859.jpeg
    DD4F418B-C2D9-481D-B14E-3930EE29D859.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 141
I have the first release and the rubber wires and tubes in the neck have started to crack by now. something to be aware of.

And make sure not to let the red cape stain the shoulder pads. Don't leave it in contact long term

Is washing the cloak a good idea to prevent staining?
I ALWAYS wash clothes that cause staining (reds and blacks are the worst). Soak them in detergent/water or distilled white vinegar/water for a minimum of 24 hours, (if soaking in the vinegar bath, soak again in detergent/water to get rid of the smell), rinse thoroughly and let dry on a paper towel. If color leaches onto the paper, repeat as necessary.

Just received my figure. Fragile figure, but looks good overall. Joints are not good, each time you move them it feels like they will break.

Right arm socket is not working properly, as you can see in the picture below. Will contact Sideshow. One thing though, the connection that fits into the body is very stiff on both arms. Can’t rotate them, anyone have this issue as well? Also not able to pop them out of the socket. Need to be able to switch the arms.
EDIT: just removed the socket, was just just stiff. Wiggle it and pull gently, be sure to grip the larger connection and not the arm ball-joint.
655C1658-B45E-4332-A809-53D709C65C13.jpeg

Here is a picture of the faceplate.
CEADA254-6823-46CF-ADD3-AB21ACA74557.jpeg

Last edited:
Back