Sideshow’s 2008 Holiday Reveal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dusty, the big "reveal" will be a piece that "ignites" a new PF line? Is that how the "Holiday Reveals" work? Or is it more like a year-end grand finale piece? (I know this thread has been talking about the idea, but I just wanted to make sure I'm understanding correctly.)
Can anyone help shed some light on my question from an earlier post?

Can anyone help shed some light on my question from an earlier post?

Did you see the poll they posted? It could be any of those things on the poll.

What do you think will be revealed as Sideshow’s ‘Gift to Collectors’ on December 25th?
New Premium Format Figure
New License
New 12-inch Figure
Expansion of an existing line
New Diorama
New Maquette

What do you think will be revealed as Sideshow’s ‘Gift to Collectors’ on December 25th?
New License

New 12-inch Figure
New Diorama
New Maquette

I just can't wait to see what will be revealed
(The Bolded ones I am hoping for the Most :D)

Will the revealed item be up for order at the time it's revealed, or just a preview pic?

No. But how long depends on what it is. If its an item up for order like for example "Spider-Man LSB" then it'll say "Keep watching Sideshow Collectibles for ordering info" and then it'll tease or order in a Newsletter. This would most likely apply to anything save a new license. If its a new license it'll say what the license is and give a press release then we'll have to wait and see for what comes next. There is a 99.9% shot nothing will be orderable on Christmas though.

I'm sure there are those who will disagree, but I'd vastly prefer it were a new piece from an existing license rather than a new license. I'd like if SS stayed committed to the quality in their existing lines rather than spreading themselves thinner...

Will the revealed item be up for order at the time it's revealed, or just a preview pic?

"**Please note: Over the holidays we will not have any Pre-Order for products previewed in the last three newsletters of 2008! "

I am guessing that means whatever they reveal on Christmas day won't go up for order either.

Well I'm hoping for a new PF in the Hellboy line. Give me Prince Nuada!!!!! :D :rock :rock (I know my chances of this are slim to none - but I'm not giving up!! :lol)

I'm hoping its not 12" figure. I want to keep saving up so Vader and AOTC Obi Wan are paid off immediately.

I'm sure there are those who will disagree, but I'd vastly prefer it were a new piece from an existing license rather than a new license. I'd like if SS stayed committed to the quality in their existing lines rather than spreading themselves thinner...

I agree with you completely on that stick to what they got and do their best at it

In respect to those collectors who will be traveling over the Christmas and New Year holidays, we won't be Pre-Ordering any new product from now until the January 8th newsletter (and if there will be any Priority Pre-Orders scheduled, they won't be scheduled until after the 8th - but I'm not sayin' nuthin' more about that, you'll just have to watch our December 25th and January 1st Newsletters to see if there will be a PPO soon... and what it will (or will not) be for... :confused::D

There WILL be newsletters on the Thursday holidays though... so that those of you who want to avoid your relatives will have an excuse :lol Previews and some fun content in each, including a really cool Year in Review timeline written by the Freaks Father, Dave Stephan, and you can vote in the Best of 2008 polls as well, which will be posted December 25th I believe! And then a podcast is planned for December 30th, and more fun stuff for January 1st, etc. So there will be plenty to do on our site even without Pre-Orders :)

Oh yeah, and the big reveal on December 25th of course :naughty

No Pre-Order during Xmas and New Years? Sideshow just ruin my Christmas... :) Thanks for the advance notice though.

Last edited:
I guess my hopes of a Christmas Morning Zombie just went out the window. :( :( :(

Frankie and Drac look great in their holiday gear SSC! Give them friends!!

A big reveal a 12" figure does not make.
I wonder, if based on that poll list, could the big reveal in fact be 1 of each one on that list, now that would be BIG.

It would be awesome if it was a Nazi Kroenen PF...I can dream right?

Or a Human Torch PF? I'd like to see that get done...

Maybe its the rebirth of a past line.....Highlander anyone? :lol

New License
New 12-inch Figure
New Diorama
New Maquette

Oh, I didn't see that. Thanks for the post Dave. I've been trying to put all of these pieces together, but I'm always one step behind. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back