Showing unproduced Weta statues...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: v

I think that this would be a really thin book in my opinion. It could merit an article in the newsletter but a book, I don't think so.

We are are going to end up with over 180 released pieces and SSW had never planned to to do more than 200 pieces.(reference the Smeagol/Gollum DVD from TTT gift set). I think the difference between the 180+ and 200 number are the few we know about, the canceled medallions and the armor/shield sets that were never produced.

I saw the list that was published a few years ago but most of those listed were just ideas and never made it to a sculptor.

John :smokin

I have a list but I believe it only has FOTR stuff like a Hobbit clothed Pippin, Elendil statue, Isildur statue, Gil-Galand statue, etc.

There was a list published and it even made it onto this board and it included characters like Butterbur. I never saved the list but maybe someone else on the board did.

John :smokin

It stinks that the ROTK line of medallions were never made. Shelob, the Fell Beasts, Mumakil, Orcs of Mordor, Haradhrim and the charge of the Rohan... they would have been great.

Yeah, for the medallion collectors it sucks thats for sure. Like Brant said they just came out at the wrong time. If they had come out around the time when LOTR hit the big boom I think you would have seen them all. Its really all about timing.

hmmm...looking at that list, I wonder if the Prancing Pony was ever attempted since it's the only environment listed that no one has seen.

Hey now folks - I was/am just being honest. It sucks to see or
hear about really cool items that never will see the light of day.

Think of this - If there was plans in the works for the following:

Armored Attack Troll Statue - CAVE TROLL SCALE! :google
Faramir Statue
Denethor Statue
Galadriel WITH Mirror
Sam carrying Frodo up Mt. Doom
Gandalf on Gwaihir Statue - BIG
Mouth of Sauron on Steed Statue
Fell Beast Statue - BIG
Balrog Statue in his "iconic" pose - open winged
Barad Dur Statue

Now lets see the pictures of those items that happened to
make it to prototype or pre-production, and how could they
would :sick have looked, and see how we feel then.

I'd feel that we all missed out on some VERY amazing items to
have for our collections. The demand was and IS there - just
not the supply. :cry No reason they couldn't or shouldn't be made.

:peace

We are adults (most of us) but I'd consider it a Kick in the B@lls,
and it would pi$$ me off to see really cool things we didn't get.

:rolleyes :

pot meets kettle...

I would get the book, be interesting to see the progress pics of the statues even the ones that have been released. See what changes accrued to them as well and the art for the statues.

I think that this would be a really thin book in my opinion.
I don't think you understand. We're talking about adding a section on the unfinished and/or unreleased statues to the book that has already been suggested on the entire line. This would not be a thin book by any means.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp I just wanted to be put on the list of those who would love the chance to buy this coffee table book you've been talking about. With each piece getting full page photos along with smaller pics from different angles and close-ups--and thoughts from the various sculptors, designers and others involved in production, it would be a wonderful way of celebrating this line of collectibles and the fine people who were involved.

But is there really any hope of this actually happening....I think not.

--Chris

Precisely - not just a book of pictures, but of interviews, progress shots etc etc.

Bring it on, I am curious to see everything, from concept to production. Maybe SSW can auction off those prototypes and see what price they get.

I do agree that the Mirror is missing from Galadriel, want to see those pics JS when you have added it to your Frodo and Galadriel scene.

That would be such a great book to have. Nice photos of the final product with comments from the actors, sculptors, Richard and PJ. Have progress photos from the very beginning of the sculpt to the final product. Have photos of the actors/actresses posing for their pieces, etc.

It could also include a dvd (I think SS had mentioned as an idea before) about following the process of a piece through production to shipping. I watch the Gollum dvd all the time so I'd love another dvd like it to accompany the book. :drool

Huh?

only has FOTR stuff like a Hobbit clothed Pippin

I for one have never heard of that one??

As all it says from your list is "Peregrin "Pippin" Took"??
Nothing about the hobbit version???:dunno

Back